85| snipping away

(may)

Y/n, Billy and Tommy were all playing in the playroom before lunch, they were just patiently waiting to be called down for their food, they were hungry and tired. Playing dolls getting ran over by cars was getting boring now, so they just sat and waited to be called.

"Kids! lunch time!" Natasha called from downstairs, Wanda just making it to the top of the stairs and rolling her eyes as she could've just called from downstairs if she knew Natasha was going to shout, Billy and Tommy rose to their feet and sprinted out the room, getting told off by Wanda for running.

Y/n was a bit slower but was eager to make it to the kitchen for food, she met Wanda at the top of the stairs who gave her a gentle smile and took her hand and walked down the stairs with her, Y/n skipped into the kitchen with a smile on her face.

"Hi mama" Y/n spoke wrapping her arms around Natasha's waist and pressing her face into her stomach, Natasha rubbed her back and kissed the top of her head, lifting her and sitting her on the chair and placing her lunch in front of her.

"Eat up!" Natasha said excitedly kissing her baby's cheek, Y/n giggled and picked up her fork, tucking right into her lunch. Natasha and Wanda sat the other side of the table talking amongst themselves as Tommy and Billy talked about cars to her, which was boring.

Y/n ate quickly, just so she could get away faster. She shouted over to her mother that she was done, Natasha shot her a confused look and held her thumbs up, seeing that she was really finished all of her lunch, telling her to put it in the dishwasher.

"Sit on your lap" Y/n mumbled, Natasha scooted her chair out and lifted Y/n's up onto her lap, letting her cuddle in close, wrapping her arms around her waist and kissing her head, continuing her conversation with Wanda. Y/n watched out the corner of her eye as Billy and Tommy messed about.

When Billy and Tommy finished their lunch and were set free to go play back upstairs, Y/n bolted off Natasha's lap and followed the boys upstairs to the playroom, sitting next to them and playing along side them, she has to admit it is more fun with 2 more children.

After another hour, the kids were still playing on the floor in the same space as they were, there wasn't much to do on a rainy day other than stay inside and play with what was in front of them, but they were outside more than inside so it was awful staying in.

All kids were energetic and just loved to run around a park or the garden and scream. Slide down the slide of swing really high on the swings, they loved it and loved how happy they were when they were all playing together.

"I need a wee" Y/n said scrambling to her feet and running off to her mothers bedroom which was closet to where she was right now and ran into her bathroom, slamming the door and sitting down, she looked around the room as she done her business.

She spotted a shiny pair of scissors sitting on the counter, she tilted her head wondering what Natasha would needed scissors for in the bathroom, she was trying to find every possible reason she would need them but couldn't think of any, until she remembered, her mothers hair.

It was cut a little bit shorter not too short but it was obvious it was cut, that would've been it. Y/n flushed the toilet and ran up to wash her hands, she stared at herself in the mirror, picking up a strand of her hair and looking at it before back at the scissors.

She reached for them, but she knew better, she knew how angry Natasha would be if she cut her hair. She shook her head and stepped down, slowly walking out the bathroom and trying to focus on playing with Tommy and Billy again instead of cutting her hair.

Something came over her and she ran back into the bathroom, picking up the scissors and a strand of her hair, holding it up, she counted down from 3 in her head, she held the scissors over her beautiful strand of hair, did she even want to do this?

Y/n's hair was gorgeous, everyone was constantly running their fingers through it, it was silky and shiny. A nice shade of orange which was similar to Natasha's which was also lovely, they were like twins with the way that they looked, it was quite scary sometimes if they were honest.

Without another thought, she snipped. As she did, she regretted every decision she'd just made. She gasped and threw her scissors in the sink, she held her hair in her hand, it was in front of her, she looked back in the mirror seeing one strand short than the others.

Her eyes filled with tears, she walked over to the bin and placed the hair inside, she ran straight out of the bathroom, straight down the stairs and back into the kitchen, where Natasha and Wanda were still talking, they were standing now and Y/n just stood in the door frame.

"Y/n? What wr-" Natasha was cut off, she examined her daughter, her eyes were drawn straight to the chunk of hair that was now missing from her head, Natasha gasped covering her mouth her hands and her eyes widened as she stared at it.

"Y/n" She whispered walking closer to her daughter who was stood sobbing, Natasha's reaction only made her cry more. Her mother was at a loss for words she couldn't form any, her daughter had just cut off her own hair, she was assuming, hoping that it wasn't the boys.

"Did you do that?" She asked shakily, part of her was hoping it was the boys, that meant Y/n wouldn't be in as much trouble. Y/n nodded her head with another sob, Natasha closed her eyes and dropped her head, Y/n cried out some more seeing how upset her mother was.

"Why would you do that?" Natasha asked, Y/n avoided eye contact and shrugged her shoulders Natasha raised an eyebrow and lifted her daughters chin up with her finger, her heart broke at the sadness on her daughters face but she needed to be strict with her.

"Tell me why you thought it was a good idea to cut your hair, now" Natasha asked again, Y/n sobbed out and shook her head. Natasha sighed taking a hold of Y/n's hand and dragging her out the kitchen, sitting her on the bottom step of the stairs.

"Sit here and think about why you cut your hair" Natasha said harshly, Y/n chocked on her cries as Natasha walked away, she curled into the wall beside her with her knees tucked to her chest and her head buried between her knees, her cries not dying down.

It'd been ages since Y/n was put on the step and Natasha hadn't returned to her yet, she was still crying and wanted Natasha to comfort her and she was deeply regretting what she done, she rubbed her eyes furiously and started slowly banging her head off the wall beside her.

"Y/n! What are you doing" Natasha ran into the room and placed her hand between her daughters head and the wall, Y/n cried some more at the thought of Natasha being more mad at her, Natasha brought her into her lap and slowly rubbed her head.

"I was bad!" Y/n screeched moving to hit her hand off of her head, Natasha worriedly took Y/n's hand into her own, she'd never seen Y/n do this to herself and it was causing to her panic slightly, she never wanted Y/n to hurt herself for doing something wrong.

"You weren't bad, you made a wrong decision and that doesn't mean you hurt yourself" Natasha explained rocking Y/n who was sobbing furiously into Natasha's chest. Natasha patted her back and stood to her feet, shooting Wanda an anxious look as the other woman looked just as confused.

"Listen to me, i'm not angry Y/n. But never again, will you cut your hair that is a big no no" Natasha said sternly, Y/n hiccuped and nodded her head with a hiccup as she rubbed her eyes, Natasha swayed side to side slightly hoping to calm her even more.

//

i cut my hair when i was 7 still got bits from it 😛