57| she's my best friend

(august)

To say that Y/n was lucky was definitely an understatement, she was beyond lucky. Lucky to have such an amazing mother and supportive family, but most an amazing mother whom she looked up to all the time, she only ever dreamed of being just like her, not her skills and fighting but her compassion and kindness.

She wanted to be as pretty as her mommy and as smart as her, she wanted as many friends as she had and her nice ginger hair, she really wanted the nice ginger hair. Y/n would often find herself sat in a trance staring at Natasha, then smiling at herself before blushing when Natasha made eye contact with her.

While saying goodbye to Natasha at school, Y/n ran straight over to the arts and crafts table, grabbing a piece of pink paper and picking up all the supplies she needed to make a special surprise for Natasha.

"Hi Y/n. What are you making?" Elise asked, skipping over to Y/n and taking a seat on the chair beside her, also picking up some paper and picking out a few colored pens and pencils to create something of her own.

"I'm making a card for my mommy" Y/n mumbled, becoming very focused on the task she had set herself to do, Elise hummed in agreement and focused on her own design, before their teacher had come over and vent down beside them, asking them both what they were up too.

"Making a card for my best friend" Y/n said to miss Kate, coloring in the heart that she drew, miss Kate hummed and nodded her head before asking Elise what she was doing, even thought she shrugged and just continued sticking random things onto her messy paper.

"Who's your best friend Y/n?" Miss Kate asked, Y/n didn't even hesitate to reply, it was natural to say that her mother was her best friend, she was the woman who was always there for her, the person she could always go to if she needed some one.

"My momma" Y/n murmured, cutting out another heart and using the pva glue to stick it down onto the sheet, miss Kate hummed again giving the girls' back's a pat before moving onto someone else and asking what they were getting up to, Y/n had finished all the designs of her card and needed the words now.

"Miss Kate, please can you write my card" Y/n asked tugging at the bottom of miss Kate's cardigan, miss Kate turned her head and instantly agreed leading Y/n back over to the table and letting her sit down while picking up a black pen and asking what to write.

"Uhh, 'to my best friend, i love you. Lots of love from your best friend' please" Y/n said, miss Kate couldn't help but smile as she wrote down exactly what Y/n had asked for, handing Y/n the card once she had done it.

"Thank you!" Y/n beamed holding up the card to get a better view, she smiled looking at it and miss Kate suggested she take it to keep it safe for now until the end of the day where Y/n could hand Natasha her card.

"Y/n come play with me!" Elsie said, grabbing Y/n's hand and leading her over to the shop, Elise giggled while running behind the wall and putting on a funny voice whilst pretending to be the cashier, the girls played happily together for the morning, and after recess.

"Shall we go give this card to your mommy?" Miss Kate asks handing Y/n the card, it was the end of the day already and parents where here to pick up their children, so Y/n carefully carried her card outside, she stayed at the back of the line to make sure it didn't get broken.

"There's your mommy there" Miss Kate said pointing to the familiar red-head standing by the gates with her arms folded over her chest and a small smile on her face when her daughter looked at her, giving her a small wave.

Y/n started to carefully walk down the small path until she reached Natasha, she kept her head down and her eyes on her card as Natasha and Miss Kate spoke about Y/n's day, which is what happens at the end of the day, as there can be some days where Natasha drops Y/n off and she totally freaks out for the day.