41| wan wan's birthday

(february)

Y/n was very excited for the day ahead of her, after Natasha informed last month that it was her auntie Wanda's birthday the next month, Y/n had been non stop talking about it and wanted Wanda to have the best birthday of her life, she was super eager for it to work.

With only being four, it wasn't very easy for the young girl. It's not like she could hop in her Lamborghini like her mother and ride off to the store to buy a $1000 birthday present (again like her mother could), she struggled a lot and because Natasha was working a lot harder, it wasn't going very well.

"Mama i really need to go store please" Y/n whines shaking Natasha's arm as she tried writing, Natasha didn't want to get angry at her daughter because she was trying to do a kind thing for her aunt but it was all getting too frustrating with her work and daughter.

"If i take you to the store will you please stop bugging me!" Natasha said, the words flying out her mouth in a more harmful way than she intended, Y/n being a sensitive child, took a step back and looked up at her mother sadly.

"I won't bug you again" Y/n whimpered softly, turning on her heel and running out of the room, Natasha's heart broke, she slammed her hands against her desk and held her head in her arms with a long, exaggerated sigh, pushing her hair back.

Y/n ran, she ran up the stairs and slammed her bedroom door. She took a seat at the small table in the corner of her room and got some paper, pens, glitter and paint out. She knew Natasha didn't like paint, or glitter, but if she wasn't going to help then she'd have to do it herself.

Due to the fact Y/n hadn't started proper school yet, she couldn't spell anything and it was making her upset when she tried, so she left the writing and just got on with the color for the card.

After a very stressful coloring in session, she finally finished her aunts card, she was going to leave the writing for when Natasha was in a better mood so she could help her with that, she smiled at her work, shaking the excess glitter off, which accidentally flew all around the room.

The little red head gasped loudly covering her mouth with hands placing the card back down on the desk and looking down at the mess on the floor she'd created, tears welled up in her eyes as she didn't want to get told off again for being bad.

She took a few steps back, unsure of what to do. Her heart stopped when her bedroom door slowly opened revealing a much calmer Natasha, that was until she was going to see the glitter and flip again, but right now she hadn't seen it and made her way over to her daughter.

"I'm sorry for being angry at you honey, i shouldn't have said what i said, you never bug me and i'm sorry for saying it like that, i think what you are doing is very kind for auntie Wanda, so i'll take you to the store if you want right now honey" Natasha explained, Y/n could only look her in the eyes, she was to feared to move.

"Y/n sweetheart, what's wrong" Natasha asked giving Y/n's shoulder a little shake, that was all it took before the little girl started breaking out into sobs, her whole body shaking as she cried, her hand trying to cover her mouth but not very well.

"Hey, what's wrong my sweet girl" Natasha panicked trying to think about what she'd just said to make Y/n cry like this, Y/n's eyes kept switching from looking at Natasha to the ground behind her where the glitter was all piled up.

"What is it?" Natasha asks, turning her head and looking at the spot where Y/n was looking at, gasping when she saw the 50 colors of the rainbow on the floor, Y/n only cried harder at Natasha's gasp.

Wondering where the glitter came from, Natasha looked up and saw a very... colorful card sitting on Y/n's desk, she frowned and looked back at Y/n who was crying harshly, after piecing 2 and 2 together she thought that clearly Y/n was doing this card and either dropped the glitter, or she shook the card and it went flying.

"Baby, what a beautiful card this is" Natasha said trying to calm Y/n down, she lifted the card from the desk and even more glitter fell, Y/n took a step back and looked at Natasha with her bloodshot eyes, rubbing them furiously.

"Hey, hey. Come here" Natasha said softly pulling Y/n's hands and sitting her down on her lap, she held the card in front of them both and started pointing to parts of the card asking her daughter what was what, she noticed 3 little stick figures and figured they must be her, Wanda and Y/n.

"Is this Wanda?" Natasha asked pointing to the stick man with a crown on its head, Y/n leant closer, rubbing the last of her tears out of her eyes and looking at the card.

"Wan Wan" She mumbled quietly pointing at the crowned stick figure, before pointing to the one beside it and saying it was her mama then the other one was her, Natasha smiled telling Y/n how excellent her drawing skills where, even though they all looked like big carrots.

"And what happened here?" Natasha asked turning around and pointing to the glitter pile, not missing the look on Y/n's face, it was full of guilt. Her eyes started to tear up again as she pouted but Natasha was quick to stop them, bringing her hand up and cupping Y/n's face.

"It's alright, accidents happen. Did you drop it? No, did you pick up the card and it all fell off?" Natasha asked going through her options, Y/n nodded her head at her last question giving Natasha a sad pout, Natasha smiled leaning forward and pecking the small pout away.

"I sorry mama" Y/n apologised sadly looking down at her lap, Natasha chuckled using her finger to lift Y/n's head back up to look her head, she stroked her thumb across Y/n's cheek and booped her nose with her thumb earning a smile from the girl.

"It's okay, i can clean it. How about, you go and give this to auntie Wanda, she's up now i've heard her. We can give her the present later today at the store, deal?" Natasha asks, Y/n's eyes light up as she nods her head eagerly.

"But i need you to write, please" Y/n asks standing back up to her feet, taking the card from Natasha and placing it down on the desk, grabbing a pen and giving it to Natasha who sat down on the chair with Y/n on her lap, getting ready to write what she was told.

"Yay, thank you mama, love you lots!" Y/n shouted, grabbing her card and jumping off Natasha's lap and running out the door, Natasha laughed to herself with a small sigh as she stood from the tiny chair and finding some cleaning equipment for this glitter.

Y/n was running back down the halls to the kitchen where she suspected Wanda to be, either cooking or eating, Wanda loved a good kitchen, Y/n ran right into the room, giving Wanda a shock, Y/n smiled running right into Wanda's open arms with a bump.

"Hey my precious girl" Wanda cooed placing Y/n back down on the floor and kneeling down in front of her cupping her cheeks, Y/n grinned bashfully before holding out the homemade card in front of Wanda who gasped and looked into Y/n's eyes with a smile.

"For me?" Wanda asked, Y/n shyly nodded her head handing it over to Wanda who opened it in front of Y/n, pulling her into her side, wrapping her arm around her waist as she read her card out loud to the small girl beside her with a confident voice.

"To my auntie Wan Wan, happiest of birthdays to you, i love you to the moon and back. You are my favourite auntie, (but don't tell anyone) and you're very kind. The things i like about you are that you are very pretty and smart, and you make the best meals. I like our sleepovers and i want to have more please, mama helped me write this and she wishes you happy birthday too, we have a present for you but it's not quite ready yet. We love you aunt Wan Wan!"

//
enjoy