Chapter 166-167

Chapter 166 Thirty Days

When Wang Ye came out of the worm's nest, he saw Lei Mu was busy repairing a puppet.

But this puppet didn't know whether it was damaged for too long, or it was soaked in the dirty sludge on the ground for too long. The case was beyond repair, and the inside was also infiltrated by a lot of sludge, just like an engine that hasn't changed its oil for decades. Most of the spare parts inside are wrapped in black oil.

"Wood?" Wang Ye was puzzled. Didn't he agree to suspend the manager temporarily?

Lei Mu raised his head and pointed to the broken puppet: "Something happened."

Immediately afterwards, Lei Mu explained in detail the content of his conversation with the mechanical voice and the process of the puppet making sparks.

Wang Ye walked around the broken puppet twice, opened the karma scroll that others couldn't see, and took a look.

Judging from the causal line, this puppet seems to have no malice towards him and Lei Mu, it is simply issuing tasks.

But in the causal volume, the state of this puppet is a bit weird.

Generally speaking, if it is a living creature, its profile picture or name will be very bright, and if it is dead, it will become dim. And after the name, it will also indicate whether its status is alive or dead.

But this puppet is now in an intermediate state, its name and avatar are very dim, but the state of life and death behind the name is a question mark.

The most amazing thing is that the system actually sent him a side mission.

[The side mission of the City of Desperation is released: Xiao Wang next door to the player has gradually discovered the secrets of the City of Destiny, knowing that the City of Destiny is the City of Knowledge, and now the puppet No. Control parts are burned. This is a special life form, it is a pity to let it disappear like this, try to revive it, maybe you will get unexpected help. The task reward experience value is 30,000 points. May I ask if Xiao Wang next door accepts the mission? 】

The experience value of the reward is as much as that of saving Professor Landau? Is this puppet No. 2 also an important existence?

But no matter how important puppet No. 2 is, Wang Ye decided to take on this task. With 30,000 experience points and a puppet who knows the city of knowledge best, it is still very cost-effective to save it.

The problem is, his alchemy skills are average, maybe it will be up to Lei Mu to save this Puppet No. 2.

"Old Yu, do you know that the City of Knowledge has contacts with the Demon Race?" The

mad drug king rolled his eyes in the worm's nest, who is Old Yu, big or small. But he also understood that this was a way for Wang Ye to conceal his existence, so he graciously forgave the little bastard, and replied: "I know a little bit. It's not

surprising that the City of Knowledge has contacts with the demons. You just need to know that both of us The source of Yuexing's magic knowledge comes from the demons, so we know how close our world is to the demon world of the demons. Of course, after years of development, Shuangyuexing's magic knowledge has its own unique innovations, and there are also unique innovations that belong to Shuangyue. But it is undeniable that the magic source of Shuangyuexing is the demon race."

Wang Ye raised his eyebrows: "I thought everyone was disgusted and afraid of the demon race."

"Heh." The mad drug king made a sound like It was a sarcastic sneer: "That's the effect of propaganda. I, Shuangyuexing, used to have my own gods, but now they are called different magicians. Gods were the top of the world in the past. How could they allow new men who can threaten us?" The emergence of capable people who have reached their status? And the demons are indeed nothing. When they first came to our side, they were not for preaching and dispelling doubts, but for food." "I don't know what happened in the middle. Maybe the

gods There may be other reasons for the battle between the demons and the demons, but in short, Shuangyue Xing has never seen the demons again for a long period of time, and the gods have become a rarity."

"By my time, the god-favored people had already become magicians, and the demons were almost invisible, and only the demons appeared as a medium. Even the summoning array that specially summoned the demons could not be successfully summoned every time. Come to the demons, sometimes I don't know what they summon, there are more monsters, not like the demons, but more like mutated monsters."

Wang Ye heard that the mad drug king was getting further and further away, so he had to force him back: "When was the City of Knowledge first established? In your time, were there still demons haunting the City of Knowledge?" The

Mad Drug King seemed to be immersed in some kind of memory, and he answered after a while: "When exactly did the City of Knowledge appear?" It is already difficult to study, from the records, it has a history of at least two thousand years. In my time, the city of knowledge could no longer see demons, but the city of knowledge accepted demons. At that time, many demons could not survive outside. Or if you want a stable and peaceful life, you will do everything possible to come to the City of Knowledge."

Wang Ye couldn't help being speechless when he heard the answer he wanted, and said to Lei Mu: "This puppet is at least two thousand years old. How is it possible?"

Lei Mu picked up a part and looked carefully, "It's really not two thousand years old. Although these parts are old, they are only about three hundred years old at most." The

mad drug king clapped his hands in the insect nest: "This Isn't it right? I died two hundred and sixty years ago, and I built the magic tower in the City of Knowledge about three hundred and twenty years ago. No matter how good a puppet's quality is, its spare parts must be It will be replaced constantly. If the city of knowledge happened during the period of two to three hundred years ago, then it is easy to understand that the parts of this puppet have a history of about three hundred years, because no one will replace it after the accident. "

Wang Ye squatted down next to Lei Mu: "Is it repaired well?"

For the first time, Lei Mu's face appeared embarrassed: "The internal structure of this puppet is very complicated. With my current alchemy ability, I can only do it for it. Some minor repairs, but wanting to get it back fully restored unless I can get all the blueprints for it."

"There is no rush to repair this puppet. Mu, this is for you." Wang Ye took out a bottle of ten milliliters of liquid.

Just as Lei Mu was about to take it, when he realized it, he withdrew his hand again: "This is the water of wisdom? Have you refined it?"

Wang Ye nodded triumphantly, and couldn't help boasting: "The toxins and violent energy in it are very troublesome. , but the most troublesome thing is a strange energy that can destroy the spiritual power and spiritual core. If it weren't for my special magic, I could find out that strange energy and forcibly separate it, and I wouldn't be able to drink the water of wisdom after refining it "

"Can I drink it now?"

"Well. Mu, you are more sensitive to the energy perception of the soul than I am. You can feel it."

Lei Mu then took the bottle, slightly dipped a little water of wisdom with his fingers and felt it carefully. , After a while, he said: "I didn't feel any soul energy."

Wang Ye slapped his hands: "It's done. Mu, you drink this bottle, you learn alchemy, brain development is still very important."

Lei Mu shook his head and stuffed the bottle back to Wang Ye: "I don't need it. This thing is too precious. I missed it this time. I don't know when I will find something similar next time. Drink it. The stronger you are, the better you will be." It is more beneficial to us."

Wang Ye waved his hand: "Don't worry, I will not forget myself, I still have half of this, and this half is for you."

Just as Lei Mu was about to speak, Wang Ye rushed to say: "You Don't refuse, although I have refined the water of wisdom, but I think it would be a pity to remove all the violent energy contained in it, and I think that energy can assist the water of wisdom. So I kept those energies, Just try to make them as mild as possible. But if I drink two bottles together, I will just explode with a bang."

Lei Mu: "You can take them separately, every once in a while..."

Wang Ye shook his head again: "The water of wisdom can only be taken once, even if you only touch a small drop for the first time, after more than six hours, if you take the water of wisdom again, it will be useless no matter how much you drink. This is what Lao Yu told me. Mine. But I think it will take at least six months to fully digest the energy contained in a bottle of water of wisdom."

Lei Mu looked at Jin Bao.

Wang Ye curled his lips: "He's too young, it's a waste to give him a drink. We both have to improve our strength as soon as possible in this damn place. And this puppet obviously knows a lot. It's very necessary for us to fix it. It's up to you."

Lei Mu thought about it too, and he simply raised his head and drank the bottle of water of wisdom.

Wang Ye saw that Lei Mu drank it, so he took out his own share happily, and drank it with his head raised.

Wang Ye also rinsed the two bottles with clean water, and poured all the rinsed water into Jin Bao's mouth.

Jinbao is angry: just give me a pot of water!

Xiaoyun and Xiaoguang: We want to drink pot water, but we don't have it yet.

Lei Mu pressed his forehead: "I feel dizzy... very dizzy."

Wang Ye also felt it, and pulled Lei Mu: "Go back first."

The two disappeared from the spot with Jin Bao, and entered the insect nest together.

As soon as they entered the worm's nest, Lei Mu and Wang Ye fell to the ground and fell into a deep sleep.

Xiaoyun and Xiaoguang ran over, and Jin Baoer yelled worriedly.

Crazy Medicine King stopped the little ones: "Don't worry about them, this is a necessary process to improve intelligence."

Lei Mu woke up after sleeping for a long time, but Wang Ye slept for more than two days.

Even Jin Bao yawned and took a nap for several hours. After waking up, he still couldn't see any obvious changes.

If Lei Mu hadn't heard from the Crazy Medicine King that after taking the water of wisdom, the longer the deep sleep, the greater the improvement in intelligence, he would have forced Wang Ye to wake up.

After Wang Ye had slept for a day and hadn't woken up, the mad drug king couldn't stop muttering.

Lei Mu listened, as if the mad drug king was suspecting that Wang Ye's mental core had mutated.

There were people who took the water of wisdom before, but they never slept so much for two days. Those who can sleep for about a day and one night are geniuses among geniuses.

The Water of Wisdom is a very strange natural treasure. Rather than saying that it can open up and improve intelligence, it is better to say that it is used to awaken potential.

After taking the water of wisdom, everyone's intelligence will be improved differently. Some people will improve their intelligence less, while others will improve their intelligence more.

It's about personal potential.

As for the potential of personal intelligence, it mainly depends on two points. One is that you have to have a better brain than others, and mental power is the most critical item.

In other words, the stronger a person's spiritual power and the more developed his brain, the higher his intelligence level after taking the water of wisdom.

Wang Ye finally woke up.

"I think I can try to make a fifth-level scroll." Wang Ye only felt that his mind had never been so clear-headed. Many vague knowledge points in the past were lined up and put into his brain library with ease. .

It's a pity that he was able to comprehend the making method of the fifth-level scroll, but because he didn't have enough energy to support him to complete the drawing of the scroll, he had to learn a lot of theoretical knowledge first.

I still have to find a way to quickly increase the player level, otherwise it will be too much of a hindrance.

"Let's go, let's go see the broken puppet and see if it can be repaired."

Wang Ye and Lei Mu appeared in front of the puppet No. 2 remnant again.

This may really be the subspace of Puppet No. 2. Except for the task issuer of Puppet No. 2, they have never encountered other questioners, nor have they encountered other dangers.

Except for the bad environment, this place is simply the best place to procrastinate the survival time.

After taking the Water of Wisdom, Lei Mu's understanding of alchemy has indeed improved a lot. The first manifestation is that when he dismantled Puppet No. 2, he also drew its structure diagram very well.

Lei Mu found a large number of magic circles in the body of Puppet No. 2.

Alchemy is actually a comprehensive subject, including knowledge of metallurgy, forging, pharmaceuticals, design, magic patterns, magic symbols, and magic circles.

Lei Mu beckoned to Wang Ye who was squatting on the ground to study the sludge: "Come with me, you have other subjects as your foundation, learning alchemy should be easy, metallurgy, forging, and designing splicing and welding can be handed over to you." I, but you should be very good at other knowledge. Let's study together, divide labor and cooperate, and the efficiency will be faster."

Wang Ye took the structure diagram drawn by Lei Mu and looked at it carefully, nodded: "Okay, I'm in charge of analyzing the magic circle and the magic pattern and magic symbols."

Lei Mu: "Get some cleaning potion and help me clean up all the sludge on these spare parts. The materials used in this puppet are very good, instead of replacing them all It is better to keep the usable parts. I will sort out the usable parts first, and then see what is missing, and then I will repair and remake the damaged parts. As for the enchantment, it is up to you." "

Okay ." Wang Ye turned around again to study the mud.

The research process was very boring and time passed quickly.

Fortunately, it was not one person, but two people. Occasionally, a few younger ones would come out to make trouble and add excitement. When they encountered problems, they would ask each other. If there was not enough information, Wang Ye would check his brain library.

For Wang Ye, who has copied almost all the books in the library copy, he really has no shortage of alchemy materials.

It's just that the production method of Puppet No. 2 is very different from the traditional alchemy method of Shuangyuexing, and the level is far beyond what the two of them can master now.

The two also consulted the Crazy Medicine King, but unfortunately the Crazy Medicine King was all about refining medicine, and he knew the six orifices of alchemy.

But the Crazy Medicine King provided them with a very important clue. He told them that there is an alchemist who has reached the king level in the City of Knowledge. If his magic tower can be found, maybe a way to fix the Golem Two can be found.

And the mad drug king happened to know where the alchemy king's magic tower was.

But it is not suitable for them to go out now, Wang Ye hopes to stay here for at least 30 days, he wants to see if there will be a reward release after 30 days.

His guess should be, otherwise it would be too difficult for lower-level players to survive in this desperate city.

In the end, the two of them didn't dare to change the original structure of Puppet No. 2's body casually. They tried to repair the parts that were not seriously damaged on the original basis, and made one of the irreparable parts, and then put them back together according to the original structure.

For parts that cannot be refined with their abilities, they can only refine parts with the same function but low configuration.

The most difficult part of repairing Puppet II is its main control part, which is similar to the motherboard of a computer.

This thing was burned, and the original structure could not be seen clearly, and the main control components were very complicated, containing a large number of magic patterns and symbols, and overlapping magic circles could also be seen.

This stumped Wang Ye and Lei Mu.

Even if their intelligence and comprehension have improved a bit, it is impossible to create a ninth-level or tenth-level main control component at the third or fourth level.

This is completely beyond their capabilities. Moreover, the two of them did not have corresponding high-level materials.

But the two didn't waste time either. Except for the main control parts and a few parts that completely disappeared and they didn't know what the original parts looked like, Lei Mu and Wang Ye worked together to refine almost all the missing and damaged parts. Although most of them are low-profile versions.

Wang Ye also figured out a further five-level purification medicine from the previous four-level purification medicine.

In the final analysis, among Wang Ye's several professional skills, refining medicine is the strongest.

He knew the fifth-level scroll, the fifth-level magic circle, and the fifth-level alchemy, but it was basically impossible to make real ones.

But for level five potion, he managed to refine it by relying on the crystal ball that Zong Lao gave him, which has the effect of improving mental power, and the leapfrog refining method.

But now they have a new problem, they don't have enough fourth-level and fifth-level medicinal materials to refine the fifth-level purification potion.

Wang Ye had no choice but to change the fifth-level purification agent into a low-grade version. Although the purification effect is not as good as the fifth-level one, the speed is only a little slower, and the purified water has slightly more impurities.

But seeing those spare parts that were so stained by the mud that they couldn't see their original appearance after being soaked in the liquid medicine, each of them was shining like a new product, it was still very refreshing.

While Wang Ye was secretly happy, he also felt that he had suffered a great loss.

After paying so much, he can never give up halfway. No matter what, he has to fix this Puppet No. 2 and make it pay what it deserves.

[Congratulations to the player next door Xiao Wang, who successfully survived for 30 consecutive days in the City of Desperation. With additional rewards, the player has gained a total of 130,000 experience points. Players are requested to make persistent efforts, continue to maintain the number of consecutive days of survival, and strive to obtain higher additional rewards. 】

When Wang Ye heard the announcement, he jumped up.

With 130,000 experience points, how many levels can he advance this time?

The system quickly gave him the answer: [Congratulations to the player next door Xiaowang, after deducting the used experience points, the player's accumulated experience points have reached 468099 points, meeting the upgrade requirements, and the game level has been raised to 31. 】

As he rose to level 30, three new skills were unlocked in the power of karma skill tree

.

[Show melons and get melons, sow beans and get beans]: Wood-based auxiliary spells, a good helper in farming.

[Yuanqing Liujing]: A purification technique classified as a treatment, which can purify multiple toxins and purify the damage caused by yin and evil skills. Cast as an offensive spell, it can damage undead and ghosts.

Very good! Wang Ye waved his fist excitedly.

When the player reached level 30, he was finally no longer a weak stubble.

It happened that he and Lei Mu had reached a bottleneck in repairing Puppet No. 2, and then they could try to leave this subspace and go to other places.

For example, look for the magic tower of the mad drug king and the alchemy king.

"How to get out?" Lei Mu asked a very practical question.

In fact, they also tried to find a way out for the past 20 days.

But the safety of this subspace is safe, but it is also equivalent to a prison to lock them up to death. The two of them searched for a long time, but they couldn't find a way out.

If it wasn't for the worm nest having a planting space and a small lake, and Wang Ye is a hoarder, they would have problems eating and drinking.

This secondary space is not big, about five meters high and about five hundred square meters in area. If you just walk around, you will come to the end.

"It's troublesome, is it possible that we can't repair this puppet, and we can't leave this space?" Wang Ye frowned.

This is a vicious circle.

Suddenly Wang Ye's eyes lit up, and he said to Lei Mu: "I have a way, maybe I can try it." "

What way?"

"Mu, do you still remember my teleportation technique?" The new skill of causal power that has been activated [Return Peach and Repay Pleasure].

Of course, Lei Mu still remembered Wang Ye's teleportation technique. He always thought that Wang Ye's strange technique was very powerful, and it seemed that there were new strange techniques emerging all the time, not weaker than magic.

"You want to teleport yourself?"

"Yes." Wang Ye rubbed his chin with a smirk: "I don't know if Di Bin and Ya Ge miss me very much now. I haven't seen them for more than 20 days, but I miss them very much."

Wang Ye opened the karma scroll, and he could clearly see that the two NPCs had been resurrected, and both had left the Tower of Knowledge.

Thinking of seeing old friends soon, Wang Ye was a little excited.

I just don't know if those two good friends will be as surprised and excited as him~