Chapter 36-37

Chapter 36 Renting a house, the shark's request

"Let's look further ahead, if there is really no one, then come and ask again." Lei Mu said.

This kind of request was normal, and the marbles continued to move forward with the three of them.

"Is the apprentice pharmacist here very good?" Wang Ye was more interested in the apprentice pharmacist here, and seeing that Pinball was obviously not too interested in that apprentice pharmacist, he asked a few more questions.

There is no limit to the knowledge of pharmacists, and every place has its own unique herbs and methods of saving people. Sometimes, even though the other party is just an apprentice pharmacist, he may be able to master a herbal formula that even several great pharmacists do not have.

With the experience of his previous life, Wang Ye never dared to underestimate anyone.

Pinball curled his lips, but stopped temporarily, and finally made a strange expression on his face: "There is a proverb in my hometown, which is very suitable for this apprentice pharmacist." "What proverb?" Seeing him, Lei Mu

said Interesting, just ask.

Pinball: "The full bottle doesn't shake, but the half bottle dangles. And it shakes so much that the world knows that there is water in the bottle."

Pinball admits that he doesn't like that pharmacist apprentice.

As a game player, if you find a pharmacist-like figure in Novice Village, how would most people react?

That must be trying to find a way to learn from a teacher.

After Pinball came here, the first person who wanted to conquer was the apprentice pharmacist. As a result, the other party used him in vain for a month without giving him a copper coin, and did not provide three meals. When he just showed a little dissatisfaction, The man kicked him out and told him not to dream of being a pharmacist in the future, saying that he was not that material.

If that month, the other party let him touch herbs, even if it was planting herbs, Pinball would not feel uncomfortable.

But what did the other party ask him to do?

He even asked him to help his family carry water and firewood, wash pots and dishes, clean up, clean the toilet... In short, it was all chores done by servants. He's grown so big, he hasn't even cleaned his own toilet once, okay?

Moreover, the man would not let him stay with him every time he dispensed the medicine, nor would he be allowed in and out of the pharmacy.

After Pinball was kicked out, he inquired in the village, and only then did he know that this was not the first time the pharmacist apprentice had done such a thing.

That apprentice pharmacist loves money very much, the kind who really gets into the eyes of money, and is also very stingy. He was reluctant to spend money to hire slaves, so he used some people who came to study as slaves until they couldn't bear it.

Everyone in the village knows his virtues, and they will not let their children go to their house to seek punishment. Every year, some outsiders come here, they don't know what the pharmacist apprentice is like, and they want to learn medicine skills from him, but most of them are like marbles, only working for the family for a few months for nothing. If you find something wrong, you will be kicked out by that person.

It stands to reason that this pharmacist apprentice is so despicable, he should have been sacked countless times long ago, how can he continue to do such shameless and immoral things in the village?

But who let the father of this pharmacist apprentice be one of the only two martial artists in the village, with hard fists, unreasonable. If you go to take revenge on that pharmacist apprentice, you may get beaten by his father in turn, and those who think they are not strong enough can only swallow this breath.

In the village, because the father of the apprentice pharmacist was one of the important forces in the village, and the apprentice pharmacist was not stupid enough to catch the villagers to death, this made the village turn a blind eye until now.

"Half a bottle, that means I still have some skills." Wang Ye dragged his tone.

Pinball also said in a low voice: "If he didn't have some skills, how could the villagers endure him until now."

While speaking, the four of them had already walked to the east end of the village.

After inquiry, sure enough, all the vacant rooms have been rented out.

Wang Ye counted secretly while walking, counting from east to west to the sixth house, and suddenly found that the sixth house and the seventh house were connected together, separated by a wall.

After asking about the marbles, I found out that a pair of brothers lived in the two houses. The elder brother's house is the one whose patriarch's leg was bitten off by a wild beast, and the younger brother's house is likely to be their target.

Wang Ye asked Lei Mu to pick him up, looked at the surrounding houses, and felt a little puzzled in his heart.

The population here is small and the place is large, and each house is separated from other people's houses by a certain distance, and the two houses seem to be divided into two small yards from one big yard.

This kind of thing often happens in the countryside. Brothers grow up and want to get married and have children. There is not enough space to live in, so they build a new house on the open space in the yard, and then separate it with a wall, which is two families.

But in this way, it is hard for them to judge whether the pirate's treasure is under the wall of the elder brother's house or the wall of the younger brother's house. And there is a circle around the wall, who knows which side of the wall the thing is under?

Lei Mu asked Zhang Hui in a low voice, where the things were hidden by the wall.

Zhang Hui shook his head, and replied in a low voice: "I don't know, that person just said that he was under the fence, and he didn't have time to say anything else. I swear I didn't lie to you, otherwise I will die badly." Lei Mu cast his

eyes , glanced up and down the wall directly in front of the two houses, but did not see any special energy clusters.

Using the excuse of admiring the houses here, he walked around the two houses again, but still found nothing unusual.

There are two possibilities.

One is that the pirate's possessions are only coins and ordinary gems, or unregistered money cards. The energy response of such items is similar to that of ordinary clay and stone bricks, and Lei Mu can't clearly distinguish them.

Another is that Zhang Hui lied, there are no pirates hiding treasures here at all.

"Brother, I think the houses here are better than the ones at the market and at the west entrance of the village. Let this elder brother ask again." Wang Ye took La Leimu's hand.

Wang Ye knew that he didn't find anything on the other side of the wall just by looking at Lei Mu's expression.

Renting a house is the best policy at present. If you can't rent a house, it's okay. At worst, they will work harder, wait until the night is dark and the wind is high, and become thieves, and then compensate the two families according to the losses of the two families.

Lei Mu understood and signaled Pinball to ask those people again, saying that they were willing to raise the rent.

"How much are you willing to raise?"

"It costs 30 to 50 silver coins a month to rent a small yard here, right?"

Pinball nodded.

Lei Mu pondered for a while: "If the place is okay and can make me and my brother live comfortably, then one gold a month is enough. But this price is not enough for one room, it must be the whole house with a yard.

" Ye Yi pointed to the target house, "Ask this one first. Someone in the next house is sick, it's not good."

Pinball didn't feel surprised, this is a normal thought, as long as conditions permit, no one wants to live in a sick person house.

Money touches people's hearts, and Pinball uses this price to ask the target family, and that family will be shaken.

They went to discuss with the elder brother's house next door. They wanted to squeeze in a month with his elder brother's house. Of course, it was not for nothing. They were willing to give one-third of the rent to his elder brother's house.

The elder brother's family, who was short of money, agreed without much hesitation.

"When will you move out? The sooner the better." Lei Mu said.

"We're moving today, and you can live in tomorrow morning. When you come, just come to the next door and ask us to get the key." The mistress of the younger brother's house said happily.

"Okay." Lei Mu asked Pinball to be the middleman, and paid a deposit of two silver coins first, and agreed to pay the rent and the deposit in one lump sum when he came over tomorrow.

Things are going well so far, and if there is really valuable pirate treasure hidden under the walls of these two houses, then a gold coin is not too much to give.

If not, they will sublet the house to businessmen and travelers in need. Even if they can't get all the money back, they won't lose too much if they think about it.

If it doesn't work, they can keep it for a month, it's better than being crowded with so many people in Haigou Village.

Neither Wang Ye nor Lei Mu was worried about their almost penniless status quo.

Lei Mu planned to go hunting in the mountains as soon as the shark issue was settled. This seagrass island is three to five times larger than Trench Island, and there are more mountains and forests on the island. He also learned from Pinball before that there are many large beasts here, and some special beasts, such as giant pythons. If you can catch a live one, you can sell it for a very high price.

Zhang Hui's face was a little weird, and there was a hint of puzzlement in the eyes peeking at Wang Ye.

Based on his personal experience and observation, he thought that this little boy was probably a disciple of a great pharmacist.

If this is the case, why didn't the kid mention the injury to his elder brother's family?

If he can heal the Patriarch of his elder brother's family, wouldn't he have to pay this gold coin? Maybe he could be invited by that family to live in their home.

Or is this kid only capable of killing parasites and knowing only a few herbs? Doesn't it treat bone injuries at all?

Zhang Hui's eyes turned around on Wang Ye's left arm again.

When he saw the boy yesterday, he still had a strange cylindrical object wrapped around his left arm, hanging from his neck. When he peeped at the brothers earlier, he also saw that the boy's arms were wrapped with branches, which meant that his arm bones must have been injured.

But after one night, the boy took off the weird thing on his arm, and he didn't see any inconvenience when he swung his two small arms around.

He didn't know when the boy hurt his arm, but if he could act as if he hadn't been injured, his skills wouldn't be too bad, would he?

Zhang Hui felt that this child was a mystery, and he couldn't understand it at all.

Of course, Wang Ye would not tell Zhang Hui that his broken arm was almost healed yesterday, and last night he and Lei Mu took the essence of the medicine mud for the third time to consolidate it for the last time. Now that the body has recovered, the mud and plaster bandages used to protect and fix the bones are naturally unnecessary.

As for why he didn't mention to the hostess that he can heal bone injuries, it's just that the time has not yet come. He is a stranger, he is still so young, and he is from Trench Island just by asking. How can the local people believe that he can compare with their apprentice pharmacist?

For this reason, Wang Ye originally planned that if the house could not be rented, he would set up a stall in the market this month as a wandering pharmacist, mainly promoting mud and plaster bandages, and treating bone injuries. After he became famous, he would let the family come to them by themselves.

Now that the younger brother's house has been successfully rented, it would be best if they can dig out the pirate's treasure under the wall of the younger brother's house. Leave the house empty for a day or two.

Alas, Wang Ye misses the drowsiness powder he prepared himself in his previous life. The effect is particularly good. The charming drowsiness does not hurt the body, and he will not realize that he has been stunned after waking up. If he has sleepy powder in hand now, does he still need to go to such trouble?

Maybe he can go to the herb shop here to see if there are any ingredients that can make sleepy powder?

Wang Ye did it when he thought of it, and immediately let Pinball lead the way, and went shopping in the west market.

Here, Wang Ye saw the herbal medicine shop opened by the only apprentice pharmacist in the village.

Wang Ye looked at some of the medicinal herbs displayed outside the shop, but he couldn't find the materials he wanted, but he could see the ability of the pharmacist apprentice to handle medicinal herbs.

Overall, it's not too bad, just the average level of those pharmacist apprentices outside. But if he dared to treat the medicinal herb like this, and dared to sell it, he would be kicked out of the school by his master.

Wang Ye was just like an ordinary foreign tourist. He walked around without buying anything and left. It's not that he doesn't like the medicinal herbs here, but that he has no money and can't afford them.

The three poor ghosts drew a big white eye from the apprentice pharmacist sitting at the counter. Xiang Missile didn't enter the door, and he had already unilaterally made an enmity with this pharmacist apprentice.

When the time was almost up, Lei Mu paid Pinball for the guide fee and gave him ten copper coins. The big boy who was so happy that his family had a mine thanked him repeatedly, and asked the two of them to come to him at any time if they had anything to do.

Wang Ye wanted to give this fellow a little more, but after paying the two silver coins as a deposit, all the cash property of him and Lei Mu was only 16 copper coins, and now only six are left.

For these six copper coins, Wang Ye bought four big meat buns on the road, and gave two to Lei Mu, one for each of him and Zhang Hui.

At this point, all their money has been spent.

Just as Wang Ye and the others were rushing to the west of the village, the shark came back with today's catch.

Seeing the anchor sitting on the stone in front of his house, the shark was stunned for a while, and suddenly, ecstasy appeared on his face. It was like a person who was dying of thirst and finally saw a clear spring: "Uncle, you are here."

The anchor replied in the usual tone as much as possible: "Well, come and see you. It happened that the village came to the market early, and I Nothing to do, just come to see how you are doing."

Sister Sha looked at her husband worriedly, but Shark didn't say anything to her, acting very indifferent.

The two children didn't dare to jump over to call daddy, they grabbed their mother's legs and peeked at their father.

The shark circled around twice, and grabbed the anchor's hand: "Uncle, come with me, we will talk as we walk." The

anchor was always guarding against the shark, but the speed of the shark exceeded his expectations. When the other party stretched out his hand, he couldn't avoid it.

Grabbed by the wrist by the shark, the anchor almost shouted "It's over" in his heart.

Fortunately, he didn't feel any abnormality in his wrist, but the shark was so hard that he had to follow along.

The two were about to reach the creek, and the shark let go of the anchor's wrist after he was sure that his wife could not hear him, and said anxiously, "Uncle, I have a request." "Say it.

" Be careful to keep your distance from the sharks.

Shark seemed to have not noticed the vigilance of the anchor, and said irritably: "I want to ask the village to let my wife and children go back. They are not at fault, but my brother and I are at fault. After we go back, you let Sister Sha remarry, and I I know that many boys in the village still like her. As long as they are willing to give my child a bite to eat, and Sister Sha herself is willing, then let her marry. Let her take back the fishing boat and everything in the house."

The anchor didn't know what to say. Even if Shark had all kinds of problems, he really had nothing to say to his family.

"Shark, we don't speak dark words. Why do you want your wife and children to go back? What about you? Will you stay in Haicao Village?" "No, I won't stay.

I met a merchant ship yesterday, and they Strong sailors are needed and I'm going to go with them." The shark turned away from the anchor's face.

The anchor looked up at the sun, thinking why Little Leaf hadn't come yet, it's not good for him to have a showdown with the shark, if the parasites in the shark's body could sense it, run away early or influence the shark to do something, then it would be troublesome.

Sister Sha is also looking forward to Wang Ye and Lei Mu coming quickly.

The anchor stalled for time and asked the shark where the merchant ship came from and what business it was doing.

The more the shark answered, the more impatient he became, and his words became confused. At the end, he even roared: "Enough! Why are you asking so many questions? I'm just asking if you can take my wife and child back to the village?" The anchor saw the shark's eyes

. Covered with bloodshot eyes, the muscles of his otherwise upright face twisted, and his heart beat fast.

Anchor: You're so obvious, I have to fight back and pretend I don't know what's wrong with you, do you know how uncomfortable I am?

"Shark, I promise you. Take your time." The anchor tried to reassure him.

As soon as the shark heard that the anchor agreed to take his wife and children back to the village, he immediately said happily: "Thank you uncle, I used to be an asshole, so don't take it to heart. Now, don't wait, you will take them away immediately.

" We won't go back so soon." The anchor keeps looking at the intersection, hoping that Xiao Yezi will appear soon.

The shark's expression became fierce, but after a while, he said patiently again: "Yes, there is a market, then you can take them to live in the market, and take them with you when you leave. Tonight, no, Now! Take them away immediately!"

"Okay, I'll tell Sister Sha to let her tidy up...Little Yezi!" The anchor let out a cry of surprise, and waved his hands desperately at the three people who came over.

Sister Sha was standing in the distance with her child in her arms. She wanted to come over, but Wang Ye stopped her.

For the sake of her children, Sister Sha could only stay where she was and wait with worry.

As soon as Wang Ye walked in front of the two of them, he looked at the shark, looked at it for a while, and suddenly said, "Did you feel it?"