Chapter 102

This is so funny.

“You need to duck down!” Hope smacks Craig on the top of the head again. “Why do you have to be so huge?”

“Why do you have to drive a toy car?!” Seeing Craig try to get his six-foot-four frame out of a Smart Car, I could watch it all day. “I told you we should’ve taken the van!”

“And I told you that thing is a death-trap on wheels!” Between the hormones and the unrelenting tension between them, things are a bit wild in the Burke-Joseph household.

Craig growls when he finally manages to squeeze his way out. I don’t know what Hope signs to him, but pisses him off. He checks no one can see them, before slipping his hand under her skirt and mouthing something that makes her skin jump from white to red.

“Are we understood, Hope?” She bites her lip trying not to moan. I should definitely not be watching this.

I mean, I’m going to, but I shouldn’t.

“Yes, Craigie.” Such a little submissive doll, she's his dream come true.

“And I thought we were the ones that were going to get in trouble today.” Kage stands behind me so no one in the church can see him grabbing my ass.

“There’s still time...”

“Don’t tease, Shorty.” Trust me, I’m not. If this place was Catholic the confession booth would’ve had a hell of a confession.

“Sorry! We we're running late, and then I threw up!” Even under all that makeup I can see how red she is, Craig grinning like a cat who just caught the canary as he walks up behind her. “You look beautiful.”

“So do you.” The sun shines down through the stained glass roof of the church. I pull her in for a hug, the rays illuminating her glowing porcelain skin. Her dress is so big, layers and layers of tulle, forever the ballerina, but when she presses against me I can feel why. “Oh my God.”

I take her wrist and pull her away from the crowd, right into the corner of the church, before I scoop her dress against her stomach. “Are you getting a bump already?”

“Don’t even start, this thing is going to be a giant! I had to dig out all of my old summer dresses to hide it. Dad saw me in jeans yesterday and asked if I was eating my feelings.” Jesus Christ, Connor! “I should be able to hide it for a few more months, but these things are ridiculous.” She presses together her already giant boobs, they’re growing. Bet Craig is having fun though.

“Don’t you think you should just tell them now? Come on, with what you found out lately about your dad he isn’t really in a position to be judging on relationships with-”

“I can’t even talk about that!” She shivers. “I don’t know, I will, at some point... when I figure out what’s happening. I just thought everything would be clearer by now.” I don’t know what’s holding her back, but she needs to work it out. Soon.

“Shorty, everyone’s here, you ready?” I nod, Hope guiding her hand into mine, but the two of us almost crash straight into Ty as he comes running back through the doors.

“I’m sorry, I had to run back to the house to get the twins’ iPad or they’d be running up and down the aisle.” He looks over at the twins sat between Anniston and Laticia. I can’t believe how much they’ve grown, I remember when they were born. “Oh crap, someone’s taken my seat.”

“Oh that’s okay, there’s one over by...” One last meddle. “The one next to Alicia’s free.”

“May...”