Chapter 38

I did not know there were this many rainbow-affiliated women in Westbrooke.

Apparently someone put out some kind of memo, because in the two hours since Elba has been sitting by the counter giggling with Teal, this place has become filled with every stone butch to questioning bitch that’s ever listened to a Tegan and Sara album.

“Elba, E-L-B-A, can you say Elba?” She’s been trying to get him to do it for the last half hour, and I swear to fucking God if that kid says Elba before he says Mum, I’m giving him back.

“He really likes her.” Milo smiles, wolfing down his second plate of mac and cheese. At least he’s stopping at two, I haven’t been able to get rid of Coach since I put it on the menu. Nobody tell Liz. “She doesn't look like she could kill anyone.”

“That's part of her appeal. She’s just a little sex-kitten until you piss her off.” Milo nods his agreement. He may’ve been playing for the other team for a while now, but even he can still appreciate a beautiful woman when he sees one.

She’s so much better this morning, but I can’t stop myself checking on her. She still hasn’t told me exactly what happened, but I don’t need her to, I’m just glad she’s away from it.

“I believe I shall have to take you with me, you are too precious to leave behind.” Elba snuggles her nose against Teal's, before blowing raspberries into the side of his neck and making him howl with laughter.

I really need her to stop now, it's going to take me hours to mop up the seats of every woman in here if she keeps being this hot whilst cuddling a baby.

She was born for it though, I always knew she was. She’s going to make an incredible mum one day.

“When’s Josh getting here? There might be a war over Teal’s favourite.” Milo snorts, but no sooner have the words left my lips than the front door opens, his stars walking in with sweat still on his skin from his run.

Fuck me, I wish I’d fallen in love with him at five... look what I’d have now.

“Just the person I’ve been hoping to see.” Josh grins, Milo jumping up from his seat ready to welcome his man into his arms, but Josh bypasses him completely and instead snatches Teal straight off Elba’s lap. “My favourite little ocean.”

“And what the fuck am I? Chopped liver?” Oh bless, Milo's been replaced.

Milo huffs back down into his seat as Josh smothers my little man in kisses.

“Do not worry, Milo, I shall take you to Europe with me, you will not find it difficult to find your own man to adorn with attention. Italian men are made differently, I’m sure we can find something to your... satisfaction.” Elba is so my girl, munching away on a cupcake as she throws a drama bomb into the room. I’ve missed having this kind of back up.

“You’re not going to Italy.” Josh growls, images of Milo happily wedged between Mario and Luigi clear in his eyes.

“Oh I don’t know, I wouldn’t mind seeing that balcony thing May was always taking about... It seems romantic... Who knows who I might find out there?” Milo makes the mistake of grinning when he sees his man ready to snap, Josh storming over with Teal still on his hip before he grabs his jaw.

“You’re going to fucking pay for that later.” I don’t know what Josh whispers in his ear, but from the way my brother’s knees immediately go weak, I’d rather not.

“Josh, give me my son back. I need to take him upstairs to Kage for his nap.”

“I’ve got it.” Works every time. I hate climbing those fucking stairs.