Chapter 40

Chapter 40

    On April 12th, "Star Wars" and "Country Teacher" were officially released, and the box office war between the two sci-fi movies was officially declared over.

    The box office results were calculated immediately: "Star Wars" has a total box office of 3.78 billion, and "Country Teacher" has a total box office of 2.65 billion.

    Although the word-of-mouth of "Country Teacher" skyrocketed during its release period and its rising momentum was hot, the final box office still did not surpass "Star Wars".

    Compared with "Star Wars", which is more commercial in nature, and has the influence of the previous work and a lot of publicity in the early stage, "Country Teacher" has taken a different approach. It has been called a model of divine marketing by the industry by following the path of Teacher's Day enthusiasm and system. up.

    And more importantly, the investment and publicity cost of "Star Wars" is about 1.1 billion. After deducting the theater line share, the producer's pre-tax income is about 1.8 billion. After deducting the cost, the profit is about 700 million. , 60% return on profit, this movie is indeed a successful commercial movie.

    But no one in the industry thinks that this war is "Star Wars" winning "Rural Teacher". Looking at the input and output of the rural teacher, the producer has a profit of about 1.3 billion before tax after sharing the accounts, and the cost... 800 If you put 1.3 billion in it, you can just wipe it out. Is that called cost?

    162500% return on profit, such a box office myth, the headlines of financial newspapers for three consecutive days cannot do without it, and the total box office winner "Star Wars" is eclipsed.

    In particular, the estimated box office of "Star Wars" was at least 4 billion or more, and the target was 4.5 billion. The birth of "Country Teacher" directly and indirectly affected the box office of this movie.

    Even with Wei's stocks soaring because of this, Lu Kaiming and Zhou Wei also stopped fighting for power and profit with Wei Mingjie. There are no eternal enemies, only eternal interests. Originally, they wanted to fight against Wei Mingjie for the sake of interests. Now every time During the meeting, they were always asking Wei Lan when he would sign with the Wei Corporation.

    Wei Lan is now nominated for the Golden Tripod Award for Best Director! Even if you don't win an award in the end, the nomination alone is enough to be written on the movie recommendation poster.

    "The latest masterpiece of the Golden Tripod Award Best Director Nominee" is enough to attract the audience, and after the movie is released, there will be another income share through the subscription of the holographic channel. For this part, if Wei Lan agrees to exclusively authorize the broadcasting rights of the movie to Venus On TV, these shareholders can also have a drink of soup.

    "I don't know about this either..." Wei Mingjie is here: "I can't force her, let's see what she thinks. At worst, I will personally fund her film production in the future. This investment still makes a little money.

    " 'A little bit' he emphasized.

    Harm, there is no way, because of the confidentiality agreement, Wei Mingjie can't say that Wei Lan is his daughter, and walks in brocade clothes every night, so he can only show off in other ways.

    Hearing this point, the faces of the other shareholders were pained. This person didn't mean 'one point', but 'billion points'!

    The after-tax net profit of "Country Teacher" is probably about one billion. Even if they just invested one million or one-eighth of it at that time, they can still get a return on investment of 100 million now!