Chapter 17

Chapter 17

    An investment of 8 million in the film industry is definitely considered a small investment.

    In general, the investment in online movies that cannot be shown in theaters is less than 10 million yuan, while the investment in regular theater movies is usually more than 10 million yuan.

    In particular, what Wei Lan wants to shoot is still a sci-fi film that needs to consume data streams to achieve surreal content. Such an investment, and it is still going to be released in theaters, sounds like a joke in the world.

    But I couldn't stand Wei Lan and Wei Mingjie, one dared to shoot, and the other dared to invest.

    Regarding the script, Wei Lan already has a complete structure in his mind.

    As his first holographic film, and targeted the theme of sniping, Wei Lan's preparations will naturally not be perfunctory.

    Due to cost constraints, the background cannot be placed on an alien planet like Star Wars, and too many grand scenes cannot be created. From Wei Lan's first use of the director's machine with insufficient data flow, she knew that it would cost a lot to create space scenes. , the meal has to be eaten bite by bite, she still can't afford a big scene now.

    However, it is not impossible to shoot with a small cost. In science fiction themes, the ultimate competition is actually imagination. What is more infinite than the universe is the imagination of human beings.

    Chen Yuanhang's Star Wars set the background in space and universe, writing the history of alien wars, Wei Lan came to see the big from the small, and set the background of the story on the earth.

    The inspiration came from a story she once saw in a dream.

    The entire earth is facing the crisis of being destroyed, and the human elites are helpless, but an unexpectedly small and ordinary person finally saves the earth.

    For the first film, Wei Lan was ambitious, trying to balance commerciality and story depth at the same time.

    It's not a personal heroism, nor is it a pure comedy like Swordsman... She is going to make a science fiction film that is completely different from the conventional perception of the audience in this world.

    Unlike Swordsman, who only spent a few days revising the script, Wei Lan spent more than half a month behind closed doors to finalize the overall framework of the script for this movie. As for the details of the lines, she plans to slowly refine the script while looking for actors. .

    For Wei Lan, the most difficult part of this movie is not how to construct the scene with a limited cost, but to find a suitable leading actor.

    The budget of the movie is here, so the remuneration of the actors can't be too high, but this movie has very high requirements for the leading actor's acting skills, Wei Lan obviously can't afford to hire the actor.

    In the villa, Wei Lan hugged a tablet and flipped through the actors' resumes one by one.

    From the day before yesterday to today, she has read hundreds of resumes of actors.

    Even if the investment is small, as a movie that is going to be released in theaters, there will still be many actors who want to participate. Of course, the most famous actors are only third-tier actors.

    "Director Wei, together with this batch, we have received all the resumes for this role as of this week. If you have selected one, let me know. I will contact the agent or the actor union." "Okay, thank