“I love you.” I lift her face and make her watch me say it. “I love you so much. I’m sorry, I’m so fucking sorry about all of it.”

‘I don’t care anymore, I just don’t want to be angry with you.’ Then don’t be, please. She rests her head against my chest, her tears never stopping. “I can’t t-take it, I just can’t take it. When D-Dad told me what happened... I thought I was going to die too. I knew something was wrong, I could f-feel it! Something kept telling me I had to go to you, but I...” She lifts her tear-soaked face to look at me. “I’m s-so sorry, I should’ve c-come sooner.”

No, Hope, just like always, you've come at the perfect time.

“If I’d gone to Beebee’s, I c-could’ve told you, I could’ve s-stopped you-”

“You could’ve stopped a bomb going off?” She’s so precious. “Hope, you’ve got mad skills, but even you can’t-”

“I didn’t mean I could stop the bomb!” She throws her hands up like I’m the moron. “I could've just s-stopped you picking it up... or... I don’t k-know, I could-”

“There was nothing you could’ve done.” I laugh, only she’d think she could magically predict something like this. “I didn’t even know what the fuck it was until-”

“But I could-”

“No you couldn’t-”

“You don’t-”

“Yes I do-”

“Damn it, Thelma! Will you stop cutting me off?! You know what, you haven’t changed one bit! Typical Thelma, always got to get the last word on everything! Maybe I have got premonition powers, you know? My great-grandmother descended from gypsies, that could mean I have some abilities just waiting to come out! I should get a crystal ball or... Why are you crying?” She doesn’t even realise she said it.

I laugh and bawl my eyes out at the same time, Hope looking very confused, until I sign the words to her.

‘Thelma... you called me Thelma.’

I don’t have to cry alone for long, her tears flooding as she grips my head and presses it against her giant boobs. How doesn’t she fall over with these things? She’s so tiny.

“You’re my Thelma, and that’s the end of it.” Whatever you say, Louise.

I’ve never been so happy but so terrified. Part me feels like I’m still in the coma, that this must be a beautiful dream, but the dream takes a very sudden turn when her smile starts to fade away and she slams her hand over her mouth, before springing off the bed and throwing herself into the bathroom.

Oh shit.

She’s throwing up...

She’s still pregnant!

My heart gets all jumpy, warm fuzzy feelings in my stomach when she steps back out looking a little less pale and a little more glowy.

She’s so freaking beautiful.

“Sooooo... you've caught a stomach bug?” Don’t worry, it’ll be all out of your system in about eight months.

She rolls her eyes, picking up the empty pudding cup and throwing it at my head.

“You know I don’t have a fucking bug!” I know, just needed you to confirm it.

She climbs back into the bed next to me, pulling the blankets up to our necks just like when we would gossip at night as teenagers.

“You changed your mind about the...”

“I don’t want to talk about this.” Well you can get over that, because we’re fucking talking about it. “Every time I’m outside the apartment, I pretty much just pretend it’s not happening.”