E/11 | Violence

*Man, I knew for a fact you're gonna ask the MC to marry you guys instead

- Inside the Campus, Hallway -

They were all struggling from the ghosts' revivals, which only increased the weight of the operation even though they managed to get inside the castle. Ace, Luke, and Epel weren't paying attention to the ghosts behind them...

     "We can't waste time here!" Ace yelled. "Wait!" Luke called, stumbling with his foot.

     "Everyone! Watch out!" Riddle yelled, pushing everyone's head onto the ground to avoid the ghost's attack from behind. Epel looked at the arguing ghosts, "Well, that was close! We would get hit if Riddle-senpai won't do anything!" He sighed in relief.

     "We won't let you ruin the Princess's wedding! We'll manage to capture you soon enough!" One of the ghosts told them, Luke immediately opened the grimoire and attacked them. "You got some guts to say that after holding our school hostage to host a foolish wedding!" Riddle exclaimed, readying his magical pen.

     "Even with a petite body, he holds a tremendous amount of magic!" One of the ghosts told his fellow guards. "Don't hold back now! We'll show this kid how terrifying we are!" Another ghost told a friend.

     "They're surrounding Riddle-senpai!" Epel panicked. Riddle stopped them from helping him, "Go! I'll hold them off for now! You guys go first and complete our goal for me!" He yelled at them.

     "There's so many ghosts and one of you! How can you defeat those things?!" Epel complained, still wanting to help the Heartslabyul's dorm leader. Riddle shook his head and stabbed a ghost with his magical pen, "No need! It's still my fault for angering them and no need to fret, I'm not someone who can be defeated easily!" He assured.

     "But!"

     "Save your guardian, Luke!"

Luke and Epel were gonna help them not until Yuu carried the angel and started running with Ace assuring Riddle can do it on his own. Riddle bid farewell as the others started to run towards the stairs to go to the cafeteria...

- Cafeteria -

The wedding was about to start, but (Name) was still stuck in a cold stone form. Deuce was trying to remove himself from the chains he was bound with, Chubby told him to stop struggling because it was a sacred ceremony for the Princess who's been waiting for her Ideal Prince ever since she was a child—it didn't please the blue-haired's expectations...

     "Oh dear, I hate this," (Name) stated. He was trying to use his magic to break free from her spell, "Are there any ways to remove this frozen kind of spell?" He asked the Princess.

     "You don't need to worry about that, sweetie. That mortal form will be useless either way," she assured and fixed his tie. "Your Highness, you don't understand. As you can see, I don't have a soul—"

Barbatos was interrupted by a ghost telling the Princess about the intruders wanting to ruin the wedding, which is the last group. He was astounded to hear that they said for Luke's appearance is a child holding a demon book, which is his grimoire...

     "Luke didn't just use my grimoire..." He whispered to himself, worried that his grimoire might ruin the purity of the angel. "I hope it won't lose its magic..." He's more worried about his son than his own life.

     "Ugh, seriously, (Name)? You're still worried about Luke?" Vil asked. "You should be worrying about your life, then his life," he chided.

The others are joking around about the one who caused Operation Propose to fail, which is Riddle—they all knew it was him because he's easy to irritate. The other ghosts told the guards to stop the intruders from ruining the wedding...

- Staircase -

     "Hold it right there!" A bunch of ghosts appeared from upstairs, attacking the first years and Rook. Epel grumbled and attacked some of them, "These ghosts just kept coming! When will they stop?!" He hissed.

     "They're not joking about this for someone who waited for this ceremony for 500 years," Rook told his juniors. "They're a hindrance! That's what they are!" Luke complained.

     "I don't think they're a nuisance, but I quite find their persistence admirable. Don't you think?" Rook stated as he took summoned a bow and arrow using his magic. Ace groaned and threw another spell to the ghosts, "Do you think we'll have time to admire their fucking persistence?!" He yelled at his junior, making Yuu cover Luke's ears.

     "Well, we all have things we hold dear. I'm aware of fighting with a reason, after all..." Rook aimed at someone upstairs, someone the others can't see. "... My desire to protect my juniors is absolute!" He exclaimed and attacked the archer ghost hiding.

The other ghosts are surprised he managed to get the archer ghost that's hiding within the shadows. The juniors cheered since they can't believe Rook did that—Ace compared Rook to Riddle's strength. The hunter told the others to go without him and he'll distract the ghosts—with Ace complaining, but Epel pointed at Rook's face...

     Rook chuckled, "Oh my, this is truly a chance for me to hunt a ghost! Considering all of you don't have a body, to begin with, can you solidify if I used magic on you? Or would you disappear through mists? Is it possible if me to trap you in a bottle for experiments?" He asked the ghosts as he went near them.

The ghosts are holding each other, trying to avoid Rook's teasing gaze since it makes him get thrilled if he's in front of unknown prey. Ace scrunched his face since he was not doing it to protect them, but more to experiment with the ghost's ability. Epel sighed and pulled Ace...

     "I hate to say it, but he's more reliable than us! Let's go now!" Epel yelled and started to run with Ace. "Ugh, he scares me even he's that strong... I wouldn't like to be with him..." Grim murmured and ran with the two first years.

     "Come on, Luke! Don't gawk around or we'll get chased too!" Yuu said and carried the angel. "Monsieur Trickster, please take care of the others for me while I dance with the gentlemen here~!" Rook called before they disappeared in his sight.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)