54 | Good Boy

*I won't be surprised if I see someone asking to be choked by the MC here

- Hall of Mirrors -

     "Now that's a good boy," the demoness praised, rubbing the head of the manipulated Ruggie who just finished explaining everything. Erasing the memories that happened at this moment, she removed the manipulation spell cast upon him, "Run along..."

Ruggie ran to his room while (Name) hid her phone inside her pocket for safekeeping. From the clock hanging at the top of the mirror, it said that classes for today are already done...

- Courtyard -

Yuu, Deuce, and Jack are punching each other's faces, while Ace and Grim were tired because of Jack's brutal punches. (Name) watched them from the second floor, seemingly having fun with it...

     "Take this!"

     "Back at you!"

     "Bear with this, will you?!"

Ace panted, touching his chest and his face, which is full of bruises. Grim is awed at Jack's strength since he got punched by Jack in the chest, he seems to be asking for more punches. The salmon-haired already gave up, not wanting to get more beating from the lion. Yuu, Deuce, and Jack praised each other's punches, making Ace think they were out of their mind...

     "I've decided! I'll tell you everything!" Jack told them. Ace was on the verge of passing out, "What did we exactly do to make you spill the beans, man?" He asked.

     Jack coughed, "I know I'm doing this against my dorm, but I can't just stay still and watch people get injured. A challenge is a medium to fight tough opponents, so I've decided to be one of the players," he told them. "Cheating makes me sick. The victory is meaningless if we succeeded to tamper with each star player of the dorms—I want to use my strength to achieve victory!"

     "This guy's a mess... What the fuck, bro," Ace commented the overreacting wolf. Yuu slapped the back of Ace's head, "Shut up and get along. We need to get evidence from them..." He hissed.

Jack explained Ruggie's unique magic to them as well as how he makes the people he targeted get injured—with a bit of Ace teasing Grim about how his sandwich got stolen because of Ruggie's unique magic—and that made Deuce wonder, how did Ruggie get people trip over the stairs?

     "It's not only Ruggie-senpai who's behind this, everyone in the dorm is behind this," Jack replied to his question. "Doing the job alone only results in him getting caught easily, he has the other dorm students as his shield to prevent others to see what he's doing."

     "Why would they?"

     Ace shrugged at Deuce's question, "Well it benefits the whole dorm's future? Since we're talking about the Magift Tournament that's gonna have a lot of sponsors, but still, I can't understand them—" Jack growled at Ace, threatening him with his large fangs. "Woah, calm down! No need to bare your fangs on me. Geez..."

     "Present always comes first! The future is useless if you don't give your best right now," Jack exclaimed. "I can't just sit around while Leona-senpai tampers every team for the Magift. He's amazing and that, but he just doesn't try—"

     "I know right!" Grim agreed with Jack's statement. "He's a tough opponent, but he just lazes around. A waste of his potential ability as a player in Magift," he added. Jack took the cat, raising him in the air, "That's the point! He has a natural talent, but why won't he improve it to win?! I despise those guys the most. His play from three years ago was so awesome, though... I promised before that if I entered this school and managed to enter Savanaclaw, I'll play Magift with him."