E/9 | Last Chance

*Breakdown going brrr, can't do this anymore

*Best child goes to Luke

- Outside Mr. S's Mystery Shop -

Luke was sobbing as Riddle was comforting him while he kept saying they were being heartless. He felt bad for the poor angel because his guardian was captured and Yuu wanted to help by summoning Barbatos, but he couldn't for some reason—he tried summoning him earlier, but the spell won't work...

     "Don't worry! You still have us!" Rook exclaimed, consoling the poor angel. The angel brightened the atmosphere, holding Rook's hands, "Really? Rook Hunt and Epel Felmier, you would save my mother?" He asked, hoping.

     Rook nodded with a smile, "Of course! Helping a fellow student is very beau! Either way, I can't afford to see Roi de Poisons' face have a sour look! Monsieur Cherry Apple, you're motivated too?" He asked his junior. Epel nodded, "Yes! I'll rescue the dorm leader and have him acknowledge my feats!" He whispered about something after that.

     Ace shrugged, "The third group only consists of two people... I mean I understand the reason why the others won't agree—"

     "I'll join, too!" Riddle and Luke exclaimed, wanting to save their seniors. Ace gasped, "Seriously?! Are you sure you're going to Trey-senpai and Cater-senpai?!" He yelled.

Riddle told him it's a part of being dorm leader that he must save his dorm students from the grasp of the Ghost Bride, along with the Laws of the Queen of Hearts #703, The person who gets 2nd place in the croquet match should pour tea the next day. Cater was the one who placed second in yesterday's match, so he should return to the dorm before the clock strikes midnight...

     Ace grumbled at his stubborn dorm leader, "Dude, this is an emergency... I'll just make some tea later if Cater-senpai can't—" Riddle placed a palm in front of Ace, stopping him. "You're not qualified since you didn't enter the top 10 yesterday. To follow the rules, I'll have Cater come back before it's too late," he stated.

     "Eh, expected to the demon of rules... At least I'm not part of it, it's fine," the salmon-haired stated.

The group consists of Rook, Epel, Luke, himself, and Ace—who is rejected because he doesn't like being included. He doesn't want to be bothered with big trouble like that, it's a big no for him and that made Riddle order Ace to take care of the hedgehogs back to the dorm...

     "Epel and Luke are enough for me," Riddle added and took the two juniors, confused why they were getting dragged by the Heartslabyul dorm leader. "You two are braver than Ace," he told them and earned an excuse from Ace. "Pity that Luke is the only junior that isn't a hindrance. It's a problem if a coward follows us~! So it's better if we just do it alone without him—"

     "If I joined, there will be no place for the three of you!" Ace yelled at them. Riddle smirked, "Oh?" He taunted his junior. Ace huffed and crossed his arms, "I'll certainly win her heart and steal her from (Name)-senpai! You just need to bite your finger and watch the bride fall for me!" He proudly said.

Rook and Riddle laughed at the dorm leader's provoking, making Ace irritated to the point he called Epel, Riddle, and Luke short—causing the Heartslabyul Dorm Leader threatens him by sealing his magic, it made Ace bite back his words. Yuu was also coming for the sake of (Name)'s tea and his loving parent attitude...

     "I ain't coming tho!" Grim huffed, looking away.

     "We didn't ask for your help, Grim. We don't need you on the team," Ace told the cat. The grey cat looked offended, puffing his cheeks, "What do you mean by that?!" He yelled.

From Luke's observation, the chances of Grim getting chosen by the Princess are lower than zero—earning angry complaints from the cat. He said he's handsome and charming by proving he'll come with them, earning chuckles from the seniors behind. To have them succeed, they need to focus on the mistakes the first and second groups made—they went there without a tuxedo and Crowley decided to make sure they'll succeed before (Name)'s life gets taken away...

- Mr. S's Mystery Shop - 

     Crowley was putting all of his money on the counter, "Want to bring happiness to the ones you adore? Want to succeed in this proposal? Since it's you who requested In Stock now!" Sam exclaimed, taking Crowley's money when he sobbed quietly, saying it was up to him to sacrifice his money. "Thanks for buying, Headmaster! The higher the cost is, the more effective it is! These items will surely get the Bride's heart!"

Epel was having a hard time putting the brooch, whilst Luke is trying to put the tie properly. Rook and Riddle started to help the poor juniors, Ace watching them with a scrunched face. They all look lovely, to be honest, with Luke's miniature suit that fits him perfectly. He looks like a mini-Barbatos now, earning a pinch from the Headmaster...

     "You look elegant, Roi de roses!" Rook praised.

     "Rook, you don't look so bad yourself. It compliments your outfit completely," Riddle praised as well, earning a thank you from the hunter. Ace grumbled, fixing his hair because his bangs are pinned at the top like Cater's style, "Well, Rook and Riddle looks okay, but... I'M NOT USED TO WEARING FORMAL OUTFITS, TOO UNUSUAL FOR ME!" He complained.

     Epel nodded, "Same here. Do I look strange?"

     "Don't worry, both of you look good!" Luke assured, giving them a thumbs up. "Luke's compliments are alright. Hey, Yuu, how do I look like?" Ace asked the dorm leader Ramshackle. Yuu shrugged, "You look alright, I guess..." He replied, earning angry retorts from the salmon-haired.

Sam told them that the tuxedos they're wearing are called Romance Tuxedos as it was cast with ancient magic that makes the ghosts view them as something attractive. He also gave them bouquets that partner with the tuxedos, it'll bloom if it is fed by the hatred, sorrow, grudge, and negative energy from the ghosts. They can throw it to her or give it to her and he also reminded them that disconnection is the main thing that'll bring her back to the afterlife...

     "Her servants will stay on guard since the ceremony is coming. If all of you failed to give a princely presentation, there's no way you could enter the campus," Crowley reminded them. Riddle smirked, "Don't worry, Headmaster. Rest assured, I'll use time wisely and prove I'm the picture-perfect prince!" He exclaimed with pride.

     Rook chuckled, "I shall give my best to reach out for her heart with the words of love. If she understands my sincerity, I'll certainly capture her heart," he smiled. "I'll make her fall for me!" Epel cheered.

     "Hell yeah! Let's make this proposal to the end!" Ace cheered. "I'll save (Name) for sure!" Luke smiled in glee, ready to give the bride a beating using Barbatos's grimoire.

     "Good luck, you lot!" Yuu yelled.

     "WE'RE GONNA MAKE THE OPERATION PROPOSE SUCCESSFULLY DONE BEFORE MIDNIGHT!" 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)