39 | Luke

*Sensitive chapter, almost detailed

*Also Barbatos/(Name) CANNOT SEE THE FUTURE, okay?

- Town, Apple Cider -

*Beep* "Luke is in the attic of the mansion where the auction is taking place. Black cage, end of the room with an angel insignia on the door," - unknown sender.

Once the demon finished his work shift, Iza was seen waiting outside beside a limousine. (Name) bowed and kiss the sorceress's palm as a sign of respect, which Iza heartily laughed from the gesture. One of the guards opened the door, letting both of them enter it...

A lot of women whistled, looking at the demon. He was wearing the offered tuxedo by the sorceress, which consists of a black tuxedo jacket, dark green waistcoat, and black dress shirt. The black slacks must've been made from high-quality leather, based on how it looked, and his black shoes added to its formality...

     "Now, Barbatos, I'm sure that you're aware of where we're going, yes?" Iza asked the demon, who nodded in response. She smiled and chuckled, "Good~! That saves me time from explaining! As you can see, a lot of magic users are attending the auction because they found an angel."

     "An angel you say? I'm afraid I don't believe in those," the demon commented. "Oh, dear! Me too, honestly! But when they showed me the pic, it's so sacred at the point I'm very interested to see him up-close!" Iza exclaimed, clapping her hands.

Barbatos doesn't know how to feel about this, the poor angel is gonna be bought after a few hours. Reminiscing what the unknown sender said to him, he gave a deep breath of relief that he'll manage to save the angel before anything bad could happen...

     "—Are you still listening, Barbatos?" Iza snapped her fingers in front of the dazed demon. "Yes, I do, Ma'am Iza," he replied.

She talked about the details of the auction and the other things that'll be bought at the event, including ancient relics and books. From the way she said it, the man behind the auction is a shady person and always hides from the crowd. They must've kidnapped a lot of magic users around the whole world just to be sold...

     "We're here, Master..." The guard told from the outside of the limousine, opening the door for the sorceress. "Please wear your masquerade masks," he added.

     "Invitations please," the guard asked Iza and (Name). Iza pulled something off her wallet, giving it to the guard, "Ah, Ms. Iza. This might be your plus one then? Have fun with the auction," he bowed as he opened the door.

     Iza pulled the demon's tie, fixing it, "Dear me! Fix your tie, darling," she said. Patting (Name)'s chest once she finished, "The Auction will start after 30 minutes till now. Feel free to roam around the mansion and I'll be talking to some friends," she told him.

Iza didn't enter the mansion since she was crowded with a lot of magicians talking about her travels. (Name) didn't waste time looking around and entered the mansion—the inside is full of masked men and women, but all of them seems to know each other—he went upstairs to search for the attic entrance...

     "Excuse me, do you have permission to go up here?" Three guards appeared behind him, grabbing his shoulder. Before they could ask another question, the demon immediately summoned a puff of smoke and it caused the enemies to retaliate from it, "Intruder—"

A quiet crack was heard, and (Name) seems to crack their necks, resulting in the death of the two guards. One of them tried to use his unique magic, but the demon stomped on his hand, crushing it slowly. The guard cried silently from the pain he was receiving, while (Name) just smiled from his misery. Blood splattered on the floor once his hand was crushed—the demon immediately summoned a small black circle and placed his right hand on the dying guard, removing all of his memories...