62 | Headmistress Barbatos

*unknown sender is hot by the way and no don't simp for them too ಥ⁠‿⁠ಥ

- Headmistress's Office -

The demoness is signing some papers to approve additional foods in the cafeteria, new adjustments, and new safety rules. Her headmistress uniform consists of Crowley's usual top partnered with her black slacks and black heels, the Headmaster's hat lying on the table...

It's been a week since the Headmaster has been gone and she's beginning to worry about him...

     *Knock* *knock*, "Come in," she called. The door opened to reveal Crewel holding a lot of paper works, "Professor Crewel, is this another batch of written paper works for the higher-ups?" She asked.

     The Professor nodded, "Yes and it's a lot... I don't think you can do it. I'm guessing you haven't slept these days," he replied. The Headmistress touched her forehead, "Yes, I haven't slept these past few days. I'm worried about the Headmaster, too."

     "Yes, he hasn't come back even tho he'll come back after a week of his disappearance," Crewel agreed, understanding her feelings towards the missing Headmaster. "Thank you, Professor," she smiled.

     Then he raised the bangs of her face and placed a kiss on her forehead, leaving a tint of light rose lips on it, "I'll be going now, and don't worry, the deadline is next month," he told her. "Don't push yourself, alright? We don't want our Headmistress stressed."

She smiled and waved goodbye to the Professor. Everything was peaceful in the school—oddly peaceful if I might say so. In a day, there are only two to three fights using magic and a couple of fistfights...

     "There's something wrong here..." She whispered to herself, looking at the reports yesterday. Then she looked at the grades for the exams, "No wonder it's strange..."

- Hallway -

Yuu and Luke are talking about (Name)'s guidance as the Headmistress of the school. It's going more smoothly than they imagined, compared to the carefree Headmaster Crowley. Not until Ace and Grim started to chase each other, bumping into Yuu and Luke...

     "Come back here, you little shit! Today's the day I'll strangle you!" Ace yelled. Grim stuck his tongue out, "You should've put your name on it, idiot~!" He mocked him.

     "Fighting again?" Yuu asked the bickering duo. Deuce sighed, "What a tiring routine..."

     Ace took Yuu's arms, "You're the dorm leader! Discipline your students, will you?!" He demanded, earning a look from Luke. "Don't you hate that? Riddle even said that you're one of the rule breakers in our dorm," the angel stated.

     "That's not the point, Luke! He stole the bread I bought again!" The salmon-haired pointed at the grey cat. "He's lying! It was on the desk, so I just picked it up and ate it—so it won't be wasted!" Grim exclaimed.

Ace took his magical pen out, ready to attack Grim, who was also ready to attack the salmon-haired. Not until they both realized something, made them stop to fight each other. Luke and Yuu looked at each other, bewildered that they stopped fighting in their own will...

They always fight until a teacher comes in to stop them to do so, even Deuce is surprised. Then Ace insulted Grim—chasing a raccoon looks embarrassing—and that made the cat scratch Ace's legs...

- Class 1-A -

     "Alright, pups! It's time for my class to begin, so shut up before I rip your paper!" Crewel threatened. "I'll be distributing your papers. If I call your seat number, immediately come in front to get your test paper!"

One by one, they all took their tests. The Headmistress watched the class from nearby, watching the three specific juniors she suspects the most. She knows very well Ace, Deuce, and Grim are dumb, but to her surprise, their average score in every subject is above 90...

     "Alright, that's 92 points for me!" Ace cheered, showing his test paper to his friends. Deuce gasped, looking at his paper, "88 points?! Damn, I never thought I'll get a line of 80..." He murmured.

     "Yuu, look! I have 85 points!" Grim showed his dorm leader. "We'll, I have 98 points. I hope Riddle and (Name) will be happy about this..." Luke whispered, hugging the test paper.

     Yuu took Grim's paper, "Red-grade?! Grim got 85 points just by studying one night?!" He exclaimed in shock. "You're being mean to me, yanno!" The cat complained.

Crewel also found it a little strange when he submitted the grades to the Headmistress, no one failed this test, to say the least. Mozus Trein also said that everyone in his class got a 90 average, along with Ashton Vargas. Without minding about it, he just started to start his class...

- Hallway -

Everyone was gathered in front of the billboard to look at the Top 50 for this year's periodical exams. The troublemakers and Luke got an average of 90 so that only made them eager to find their name in the Top 50. To their surprise, only Luke's name was in the top 36 and not them included...

     "That's impossible! Almost everyone got a perfect score!" Ace yelled, pointing at the top 30. Deuce and Grim covered their mouths in shock, "Perfect 500 scores?!" They yelled.

     "Isn't that a bit strange, Luke?" Yuu asked the angel. "Yeah, something is weird here," Luke replied.

     Grim covered his face, "... Oh no if I'm not in the Top 50... I'm violating the contract—"

     Ace took the cat's collar, surprised when he heard the contract, "What?! Do you mean by contract—did you also—"

     "Ace, that look in your face—don't tell me—"

Grim, Ace, and Deuce magically got an anemone on their head, then started to accuse each other as cheaters. The cat tried to remove the anemone on his head, but sadly it won't get off. It's not just them actually, almost all of the students in the crowd got an anemone behind their head...

    "What in the world did you do?!" Yuu asked them, disappointed. Jack grabbed Yuu's shoulders, "So you guys are making all the commotion, no wonder it's noisy here. What are you guys doing?" The wolf asked the trio who were trying to remove the anemone in their head.

     "Jack did you also—there's no anemone in your head?!" Deuce gasped in surprise. Ace snickered while trying to remove the anemone, "I didn't think you were serious about the cheating incident! You're pretty an honest person!" He praised the wolf.

     "What's that thing on your heads?"

Before the trio could answer, the anemone started pulling them to the Hall of Mirrors. Yuu carried Luke to not get into the crowd of anemones, while Jack is disgusted at his fellow first years, disappointed...

     "Let's go after them!" Yuu told the wolf.

     "Why me? I'm not even involved in this—"

     "We're going," the Headmistress appeared. "Whether you three like it or not, we're gonna figure out what's happening. I've had a hunch, but I'm not sure if it's true," she stated.

     "Of course, Headmistress!" Jack saluted, following the demoness.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)