49 | Jack Howl

Bonus:

     "My mom can beat your mom!" Luke bragged to the kid he fought with, pouting. "Luke, that's very impolite to say," the demoness lightly scolded. She bowed in front of the kid, "Forgive my son, he can get very emotional."

     "He stole my tart!" The angel exclaimed, wanting to get back to the kid. The demoness held him tight, "I can make a lot of tarts once we come back home. Okay?" She assured.

- Courtyard -

     "Oh, dear. What's happening here?" The demoness appeared in the middle of the fight, making them stop attacking each other. Yuu and Floyd are all bloody, while the others are sweaty because of Jade's spells, "Jade-san and Floyd-san, please leave them at once," she calmly demanded.

     "Run!" The Heartslabyul bunch with the Ramshackle students ran away.

     Floyd tried to chase them, but Jade took his arm, "We can play with them another time, Floyd. It's almost time to open Monstro Lounge, Azul will be probably frantic if he didn't see us in time," he told his brother. "I'll get you back, Emerald Cory~!"

The demoness merely chuckled and waved at them. She followed the scent of blood to locate the juniors, they were in Main Street. Grim was terrified because of the twins, asking Riddle what was up with them. Yuu was leaning his back on a statue, trying to wipe the blood from his body...

     "This looks bad, isn't it?" She asked, smiling nervously as she checked the wounds he has. "That guy was so tall and Yuu managed to give him a bunch of punches. Damn, Yuu! I didn't know you have that side!" Ace nudged.

He doesn't wanna rely only on Barbatos's protection because she's not always there to save him. Only call her if needed (Overblot situations) since he doesn't have the guts to punch someone who went berserk. Grim was amazed by the punch he gave to Floyd, inspiring him...

     "Ah, Yuu-chan, you better be careful around those twins. They do no good if someone hurt them," Cater warned the bruised Yuu. "It's almost dawn~! Before we go back to our dorm, let's go to our next target!" He exclaimed.

     "Target?" The demoness asked, confused about what they were doing. Cater's sweat dropped when he felt the demoness peeking at his phone behind his back, "Ah, (Name)-chan~! It's about the uh—matters, you know about the injured people that are candidates for the Magift? Our next target is Jack Howl from Savanaclaw, first year!" He exclaimed.

     She smiled and pinched her chin, "I saw my name in your Cater Check, you must be the ones I sensed earlier. Now, do tell me Jack Howl's rumors, if you please," she chuckled. The orange-haired nodded, "Yes, (Name)-chan! He's super good at everything, including physical activities! Heard he got a lot of invitations from every sports club!" He answered.

     "He might not be inside the campus since classes are already done. He might be inside his dorm already," Deuce stated. Riddle looks at his watch, "It's already five pm. As stated in the Laws of the Queen of Hearts #346: One must not play croquet in the garden after five pm."

     "Your dorm sure is unique," (Name) commented. Riddle puffed his chest, proud, "Indeed, it is. I must go back to the dorm to check who's gonna break the rules—"

     "I thought you changed, Riddle. Still strict with the rules, huh," Grim pointed out. Riddle tensed, "I thought I got chill about the rules, I'm so—"

     The demoness patted the dorm leader's head, calming him down, "Ah, calm down. Being serious can also catch a woman's eye, Riddle-san," she said. She gave him a cup of milk tea, "Here. This will help you calm yourself on the way to your dorm, bye bye," she waved as Riddle shyly took her cup of tea.

- (Last Target, Jack Howl) Savanaclaw Dorm -

The demoness followed the bunch of investigators as they observed the inside of the dorm. It was full of sand and hot, like a beach without water—almost giving similar vibes to the Diasomnia Dorm. Cater told them the appearance of Jack Howl: large wolf ears, bushy tail, and buff build—like Yuu. They found their guy running laps on their stage...

     "Hey, you! Buff guy!" Grim yelled, blocking Jack's path. "Some bad guys are out there wanting to injure you! Be grateful that you're being protected right now, be happy!" He boasted.

     Jack raised an eyebrow, "What's your deal, man? Stop getting in my way." He said, passing Grim. Ace immediately blocked his way again, "Listen to us first, please?!" He begged.

     "You can't trust Grim if he's gonna question people..." Yuu whispered, covering the cat's mouth. "Sorry about our rude Grim! Please spare us a minute or two, if you'd like?" Cater asked the wolf.

The demoness watched from the bleachers, sipping tea. She heard the Heartslabyul bunch telling him about the injuries that occurred, concerning every candidate of the Magift and them looking for the culprit. Cater explained it clearly to Jack because the Heartslabyul juniors might mess it up again, asking if Jack could participate in catching the perpetrator behind this...

Yuu also tried to convince the wolf, but sadly he also got declined. She already knew who was behind it because of the cupcake incident, but there's something deep happening, the perpetrator is getting help from another dorm...

     "Oh, look they're from Heartslabyul!" Students from Savanaclaw appeared, surrounding the Heartslabyul bunch. "It's the red brat's servants~!"

     "The guts you have to enter this dorm without permission irritates us. What do you guys want here?" Another student asked.

     "Ugh, I hate these guys..." Deuce grumbled, taking his magical pen. "Sorry for entering your dorm!" Ace apologized, trying to escape.

     "Hey, knock it off."

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)