110 | Rivals

*This is the last chapter of this book

*I love you all(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠❤

- (January) Headmaster's Office, Outside -

The demoness was on a call with Yuu as he told her about Lilia giving him a letter from M.D. and a dream he had after going home from Scarabia. He told her about Mickey Mouse (she flinched when she heard mouse), which told him about him dreaming about dancing music boxes and living cards...

     "Then he told me he maybe wasn't dreaming at all since he can hear my voice and asked what world I'm in," Yuu added, sniffing. The demoness nodded, "Thank you for telling me this, Yuu-san. I'll take care of it and it might take too long since I'm busy babysitting the Headmaster," she said.

Once she ended the call, she saw a silhouette from a roof near the window. It was a person under a white cloak staring at her—their smile is disturbing and that made the demoness teleport to where they are, but to her surprise, the person is gone...

     "Watch your back, (Name)..."

The demoness looked above her to see the person under the white cloak smiling before vanishing in thin air. That's the one who kidnapped her future self, the one behind the timeline tampering and destroying it. She's unaware of their true motives that are, which is disturbing because there are a lot of possible reasons why people are tampering with fate...

- Main Street -

Yuu was looking at the statues in Main Street, convinced that the Overblot incidents and the dream he's having are connected to these statues.

     "Heya, Yuu and Grim! Happy New Year!" Ace greeted, patting the heads of the Ramshackle residents. Deuce smiled at them, "It's been a year, but I felt like it's only months have passed after getting used to your faces," he commented.

     "Bet you missed me during the holidays!" The cat sneered, while his henchman sighed from his cockiness. "Oh, shut up. They didn't miss you," Yuu rolled his eyes. "I'm just glad the ghosts did the job appointed by the Headmaster, it's cold in here..." He huffed, hugging himself.

     "Stop blocking the way, you guys," a familiar gruff voice told the troublemakers. Ace turned around to face the person, "Oh, damn! Hey, Jack, Happy New Year! Your skin lightened somehow..." He commented, poking the wolf's skin.

     Jack checked his skin tone, "Oh, about that... I went skiing this holiday and I think that's why my tone lightened," he stated. Ace raised his eyebrow, "I didn't expect you to be in a snowy area. Well, you're a wolf anyway!" He laughed, earning a light punch from Jack.

Grim was bugging Deuce about skiing and what's about it. He was busy trying to get the cat jumping around him and he managed to bump into someone, causing both of them to fall on the ground from the impact...

     "Oh my god! I'm so sorry! I didn't see you!" Deuce apologized, trying to help the fallen student. The student looked at him, "Ah! You're crying... No, no! Don't cry please!" He begged, trying to wipe the tears of the student he bumped into.

     "Professor! Deuce Spade made someone cry!" Ace called, teasing his friend. Deuce turned to look at Ace, "Don't joke around, Ace! I'm getting nervous here, you know!" He hissed. Yuu knelt beside the crying student, "Are you alright? Do you need someone to take you to the Infirmary?" The Ramshackle Dorm Leader asked, offering his hand.

     "I've had enough!" He yelled and ran away from the troublemakers. Ace whistled, placing his hands behind his head, "Welp! He ran away! You made him cry, Deuce!" He teased and laughed.

     "What a weird kid," Yuu remarked as they watched him disappear from their sight. "He's in the same class as me, Class 1-B... Uh, his name is Epel Felmier. Epel Felmier of Pomefiore," Jack told them.

     "Epel, huh..."

- Pomefiore Dorm, Ballroom -

Vil was in a frantic state as he threw a book on the wall, angry because Epel ran away from his lessons again. He can't believe that child ran away again to avoid the lessons he needs...

     "Rook... ROOK! Where are you, Rook?!" Vil demanded. The hunter appeared from the door, "You called for me, Roi de Poisons?" He asked, bowing and placing his hat on his chest.

     "Oui, as you wish."

     Vil gritted his teeth, "I will not let him run away again... I will do everything just to achieve the title of the Fairest of them All!" He announced.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)