E/4 | Candidates

*How is this story well-written?

- Outside Mr. S's Mystery Shop -

Almost everyone was gathered outside the shop, as Crowley called out the names that he made Yuu call. Trey Clover, Jack Howl, Jade and Floyd Leech, Leona Kingscholar, Sebek Zigvolt, and Vil Schoenheit are the ones possibly to be the Ghost Bride's groom to put the ring on her finger, earning angry protests from them...

     "Sorry for interrupting, Headmaster, but I couldn't agree with you about letting my vice dorm leader as a tribute for the candidates," Riddle stated, appearing behind the crow-masked man. "Allow me instead as the dorm leader of Heartslabyul!"

     "Unfortunately, I can't, Riddle-kun..." The Headmaster sadly remarked, earning a raised eyebrow from Riddle. "As you can see the similarity of the seven is that they have a height above 180 cm," he said.

     Riddle fumed in anger, his face turning red and his cowlick raising, "ARE YOU CALLING ME SHORT?!" He yelled in anger. Floyd laughed, mocking the dorm leader, "You sure didn't see you need to be the tall sign to be a candidate for the bride, goldfish~! Do you need some of my tailfins? I can offer inches~," he offered.

     The cherry-haired averted his gaze and crossed his arms, "I'm not interested in such impossible offers. I still don't understand why she's choosing a husband based on their height, it only proves that someone like Floyd is suitable despite having an annoying attitude!" He complained.

     Trey placed both of his hands above Riddle's shoulders, calming him, "Riddle, calm down. Everyone has their unique talents and looks," he told his dorm leader. The said dorm leader huffed, "I know, but this is ridiculous!" He complained once more.

Floyd still teased the poor dorm leader of Heartslabyul, irritating him more to the point he tried to hit the silly twin. Crowley decided this ridiculous decision because among all of the Bride's requirements that's easy to achieve is height—he assured Riddle that they'll manage to save (Name) in no time because of this plan...

     "Isn't Malleus's height entering the standards of the bride? Where is he?" Vil asked the Headmaster. Lilia cleared his throat to get Vil's attention, "Even though, Malleus is a prince. If he's gonna propose, he'll probably succeed—However, this is for the sake of our (Name), so the proposal is just a bluff. If this reaches social media, it can cause serious scandal as the Prince of Briar Valley," he explained.

It's true, it can cause serious incidents towards him and also the fact he's a famous magician, his reputation will be tarnished. Sebek volunteered for Malleus as his replacement and to save his (Name)-sama's life, which Leona felt like a lie because the Princess wouldn't just accept random grooms...

     "Malleus-sama and (Name)-sama possess such beauty no one can surpass, no wonder she was chosen and His Highness will get picked among all of you! The rest of you are just pieces of dirt unlike them!" Sebek praised, making Luke sigh at his attitude.

     "Wow. How bold," Leona rolled his eyes. Vil looked at his reflection in his hand mirror, "Oh, please, all of you are just a bunch of wasted vegetables thrown in the side street," he insulted them.

     The lion crossed his arms, "Who needs that son of a bitch if I'm in the job?" Leona asked, whilst Riddle covered Luke's ears so he can't hear any cursed words. Vil puffed his chest, "It might be an impossible task for everyone, but for me? I can assure you it's not..."

This plan is already done before sunset!

Crowley clapped his hands, proud that the two dorm leaders are agreeing with each other. Rook tried his best to give praises to his dorm leader, assuring him he was the most beautiful among them and he'll have the ghost bride in seconds, with Epel whispering he can't do say cringe lines, to say the least...

     "I'll use my magic, so we can see what's happening inside!" Luke exclaimed as the candidates bid goodbye to present themselves to the Bride.

- Cafeteria -

The butler was dying inside as the Bride is fixing his make-up for their wedding later. He looks a bit different now because of the make-up and his attire was changed into a white tuxedo, a red spider lily (presenting death) placed inside his breast pocket...

     "Oh, Princess Eliza, you've finally found your soulmate!" The nanny of Eliza appeared, congratulating the bride. "I know it's been your dream to marry your Ideal Prince! I still remember when you were still little, you always dreamed to be with him!"

The Princess's dream was robbed, both her dreams and her life. The nanny felt guilty because she was too late to save the Princess who was humbly sleeping in her room that fine, which made Eliza assure that they should put it all in the past because she finally found the man who'll she cherish forever until the end of her journey as a ghost...

     "I'm not fond of getting married, so do I have the right to object to this wedding?" (Name) asked, raising his hand. A chubby ghost raised his sword, pointing at the demon, "You selfish lowly, creature! You should be glad Her Highness chose you as her groom!" He yelled.

     (Name) lowered the sword's tip, "Why would I be glad in the first place? I was taken against my will," he stated and sipped his tea. "Also, is this everyone's reaction if you're forced to marry a ghost?" He asked.

     The ghost guard was angry at the demon butler, "You're oblivious to how honorable it is to marry the Princess—it'll be an enjoyable life with a sweet, innocent, loving—" he stopped when he saw Princess approaching them. She took Barbatos from him, "Chubby, (Name)? Are you two bickering? Don't be so mean to my dear (Name), he'll be my hubby soon after all!" She chortled, kissing the demon's cheek.

     "Pardon my mistake, Your Highness. I must've been carried away," Chubby bowed and stood quiet. Just then another ghost came from the doors, panicking, "Your Highness! We have an emergency!" He yelled, running towards Eliza.

Turns out to be Eliza's grandfather, he told her that a bunch of men was waiting outside the school. They're presenting themselves as suitors for Princess Eliza, surprising everyone. Just like (Name), they're all students of Night Raven College...

     "Princess Eliza, do you know that there are a lot of Princes, sons of CEO, and famous magicians here? They're more worthy than me actually," (Name) stated, while Eliza blinked at the demon. "Their looks surpass mine—cute, handsome, buff, and pretty gentlemen, on the other hand, is the lowest among them—"

     "Don't worry, my dear (Name)! I don't care who wants to marry me, I'll reject them for you~!" She kissed him, smiling. (Name) was sweating hard as he returned the smile forcefully, "Your Highness, you must've not heard me. I'll repeat it—"

     "Wait for me, okie? I'll just interrogate them," she added. "Grandpa and nanny, please change his tuxedo. I don't like the color white on him," the princess told her servants.

The butler wants to escape, but before he could even teleport, a cold hand pinched him and he fell to the ground. The grandpa and nanny of the princess started to fix him whilst Eliza started to tell the guards to take the suitors to test, excited because it'll be a thrilling day...

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)