48 | Targets

*Jack is taller than Barbatos by 2.5 cm, and Malleus is also taller than her (202 cm)

*Floyd, Jade, and Barbatos look like triplets because of their height (190, 190.5, 191)

- (First Target, Barbatos) Garden -

*Beep* "(Name), don't mind the ones behind the bush. They mean no harm, and be wary," the unknown sender said to the demoness. Behind the bush was Riddle and Cater with the first years, they were observing the butler if something's gonna happen to her...

     "(Name)-senpai's information isn't complete here. Is she that shady?" Ace asked, reading the information written about the demoness in the group that's archived. Her last name, age, gender, unique magic, and hometown are blank sadly, "She doesn't talk too much to everyone here," Cater whispered.

     "She fought a monster and it stabbed her chest. Then she magically regenerated her body," Deuce whispered to his senior. The two seniors silently gasped at Deuce's story, "She's not human then. She's probably something related to the paranormal," Riddle whispered.

     "She is a part of the paranormal," Yuu whispered, earning questioning stares from the others. "I mean she can cast spells without her magical pen, right? Also, she's good at martial arts—"

     "You summoned her when Riddle went berserk and the fight in the mine... Do you know something about her that we don't?" Ace asked, glaring at Yuu. The dorm leader of Ramshackle laughed nervously, "I mean, it's calling for her. You know~?" He tried to get his way out.

     "We'll talk about that later," Riddle told them.

She was humming while she held a tray of cupcakes, going in the direction of the Headmaster's office. A familiar hyena then appeared, seeming to smell the cupcakes she bake. He immediately made a falling motion in front of the demoness, but as he was gonna cancel himself from falling, the woman still kept walking...

He fell face flat on the ground in front of (Name), halting her from walking. Ruggie looked above him to see the form of (Name) towering over his body, smiling at him. Before she could help him, he immediately took a cupcake...

     Barbatos took his collar from behind, "It would be respectful if you ask nicely, don't you think?" She asked the struggling hyena. "Now, put the cupcake back and ask nicely. I'll give you three cupcakes if you do," she told him.

     Ruggie bowed and placed the cupcake on the tray, "Can I have cupcakes, ma'am—"

     "(Name)."

     The hyena coughed, "Can I have a cupcake, (Name)-san?" He asked. The demoness chuckled and placed three cupcakes on his hands, she rubbed the back of his ears, "Good. Just make sure you always ask before stealing, alright?" She reminded and waved goodbye to the astounded hyena.

- (Second Target, Rook Hunt) Pomefiore Dorm -

The group hid behind the couch as Cater looked at his archives called Cater Check. Rook Hunt, the vice dorm leader of Pomefiore and rival of the demoness, has bob-cut blonde hair with his signature hat...

     "Last year, Rook-senpai is one of the outstanding players," Riddle whispered. "But he's always emitting weird vibe..."

     "Isn't that him sitting over there with the cute girl?" Deuce pointed to the table in the middle of the dorm. Ace squinted his eyes, "Why are they shining...?" He asked.

They're shining because they're too beautiful to look at. Rook was helping Epel to drink tea in the right way, while Vil is worried about his makeup for the upcoming Magift. Rook kept praising Vil for his beauty and persistence to reach number one, making his narcissistic side of Vil grow...

     "If I'm the perpetrator, I'll have him last on my list. He doesn't look strong enough to fight those buff players..." Grim stated. Cater grabbed the juniors and quietly left the dorm, "Come on. He doesn't seem to get targeted anyway..." He whispered.

- (Third Target, Leech Twins) Courtyard -

The Leech Twins, Jade and Floyd Leech, of Octavinelle. In other words, Azul's trustworthy servants or rather his friends. Both of them are known to use combo attacks that wipes the opponent's faces on the floor last year, meaning they're the star players of Octavinelle...

     "Look, there are two dudes with the same face!" Grim pointed, making Yuu cover his mouth from how noisy he is. "They're tall... They remind me of (Name)-senpai's height, everyone around them looks tiny..." Ace muttered, scared of how tall they are.

     "They're tall and lanky. Looks like someone you can't mess with," Yuu commented, feeling scared. "Why did you mark them, Cater-senpai?" Deuce asked, looking at his phone.

     Riddle was shaking in fear as he laid his eyes on Floyd, "If I'm the culprit, I'll probably save them for last. Especially, Floyd, I don't like his vibes and the way he talks at all..." He told them. Just then, the said twin peeked above the bush where the Heartslabyul bunch is hiding, "Aha~! Goldfish, hello there~! Are you playing hide and seek? Sounds fun~."

     "Floyd!" Riddle gasped in fear, going away from him. "How many times have I told you to stop calling me by that name?!" He yelled angrily.

     Floyd chuckled, "Well, you're red and small~! Just like a goldfish~!" He told the short dorm leader of Heartslabyul. "This guy's a weirdo!" Grim hissed, hiding under Yuu's coat.

     The twin looked at Grim, amused, "Ah~! A talking cat, how fun! Can I squeeze you?" He asked, trying to steal the cat from Yuu. "No way! You ain't squeezing my cat!" Yuu yelled.

The Ramshackle Dorm Leader immediately punched Floyd, making the said twin fall to the ground because of the impact. Yuu may be a magic-less human, but he's strong if they're talking about physical strength. Floyd laughed in amusement, also trying to punch Yuu, who blocked his attack...

     "I can't be ignorant to people who are spying on us, unfortunately," Jade blocked the path of the escaping Heartslabyul students. "The Heartslabyul main students altogether, how suspicious. If you don't mind, we might as well have you questioning why you're spying on us."

     "He sure is smiling, but his expression says otherwise!" Ace yelled in fear, hiding behind Deuce's back. "We might as well fight Jade! Pardon our intrusion~!" Cater exclaimed, taking his magical pen.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)