92 | Revealing

*I'll leave the decision to my readers if the antagonist in Pomefiore Arc is hot :P no spoilers

*Feel free to simp here in this line

*Warning: Malleus Draconia, skip the scene (romantic cringe scene that I'm bad at it, but it's for the sake of the lore)

- Kingdom of Thorns, Barbatos's room -

Malleus did kiss the demoness and it wasn't harsh like she imagined, it was a gentle kiss like his love for her. He gently caressed her cheek, cherishing the moment with her—his hand wrapping around her body. The demoness, on the other hand, was paralyzed...

     "Malleus-san, what did you do?" She asked, trying to push the Prince, but couldn't. She could sense he smirked, "What do you think?" He teasingly asked and continued.

     He stopped when his eyes glowed lime again and turned his head on the door, "Seems like Luke is here already," he whispered and stood up. "See you tomorrow, (Name)..." He bid goodbye before disappearing, leaving lime fireflies.

The astounded Barbatos covered her mouth as she was stolen another kiss from someone again. Diavolo won't be happy about this if he knew someone else stole a kiss from his butler and then again he's the Demon Prince, what's his is his only, and he doesn't like sharing with anyone. That goes for Malleus Draconia as well...

     "(Name), what's wrong?" Luke asked, opening the door of their room. "Nothing, Luke. Don't worry about me," she assured.

     "Okay...?"

     "Come on, sleep now. I know you're full after eating dinner," she smiled and placed the angel back on his bed to sleep. The angel shrugged and closed his eyes to rest, "Goodnight, (Name)! Sweet dreams!" He said before falling asleep.

     "Goodnight, Luke..." She kissed the angel's forehead as he started snoring peacefully.

That's when she felt someone sit beside her, turning her head to see who it is—they wiped her mouth, must be wiping Malleus's kiss from her lips. Turns out to be Barbatos, looking worried about her past self...

     "Barbatos, I'm sorry. Forgive my reckless actions and not listening to your warnings," (Name) apologized. Barbatos sighed, "It's fine, you don't need to be sorry. We're stubborn at certain times and also he kissed you, didn't he?" She asked her past self.

     (Name) nodded, "Yes, he did. I don't know why, but—" Her phone suddenly rang. She looked at the number, it was unknown and that was not Barbatos because she was in front of her right now, "Who this might be?" She asked Barbatos.

     Barbatos peeked, "It might be Yuu-san."

     (Name) clicked the green button and made the phone go near her ear to hear who the caller is, "Hello? (Name)-san? Ah, why is the signal so choppy?" It was Yuu and his signal is stuttering. The current demoness raised her eyebrow at Barbatos, "Hello, Yuu-san. Are you alright? Your signal is slow, too."

     "(NAME)! HELP US! WE'RE STUCK IN SCARABIA!" She heard the Grim yell, stealing Yuu's phone from him. "We called the Headmaster, but he's not answering! The bitch is having fun on his vacation!" Yuu yelled, sobbing.

They started to tell her about what happened in Scarabia dorm, from Kalim's change of behavior, Jamil asking for help, and then getting chased by the students because they tried to escape at the very same time right now. They were locked inside a room and they called Crowley, but he seems to be enjoying his vacation. They did text Ace and Deuce about getting trapped in Scarabia, but since Yuu can't summon (Name) without someone's magic, he can't summon her...

     "Wait, I'll be on my way—" (Name) stopped when she felt she can't use her teleportation. "What's happening?" She asked herself.

     "Malleus-san kissed you, he must've used a spell to avoid you from using magic," Barbatos whispered. "Yuu-san, it might take time for me before I go there. Someone sealed my magic," (Name) told the Ramshackle Dorm Leader and before she could even say anything, the phone suddenly hang up.

     "That's rude..." She whispered, disappointed he didn't say goodbye. "(Name), what did you feel about Malleus-san's confession and kiss?" Barbatos suddenly asked, surprising her past self.

     "Why did you ask?"

     "Just curious and I want to hear it from you," Barbatos gave a soft smile to (Name), placing her hands above the (Name)'s hands. The current demoness can feel a weird fume puffing her cheeks because it's her future self asking what she felt when the Prince of Thorns kissed her, "Well, it was sweet and nice. I still don't like the fact he just did that out of nowhere."

     Barbatos chuckled, "That's nice. Either way, he'll be one of your interests soon enough and I can guarantee that because I experienced it already," she remarked and placed her left hand above her mouth.

     (Name) raised an eyebrow when she saw a ring on Barbatos's left ring finger, "Barbatos, what is that? Are you married?" She asked her future self. "I thought we'll end up single forever..." She muttered, confused why there was a glistening ring on Barbatos's finger.

     Her future self looked at her hand, "Indeed, we did marry someone amongst the bunch who confessed their love to us," she answered and showed the ring to (Name). It was a ruby red one that's probably one of the rarest gems found in Devildom, "Lord Diavolo. I married Lord Diavolo."

(Name) gasped in surprise when she heard that. To think she'll marry someone and that someone is her Master and Prince of Devildom. Barbatos seems amused by her past self's reaction, chuckling as she thought about it...

     "I'm one of many predictions, (Name). There's a lot of options to choose and I choose Lord Diavolo, who spent his life trying to get us married," she stated. "There's a lot of other timelines that we married someone other than Lord Diavolo like Malleus-san, Solomon-san, and Lilia-san. You're free to choose your destiny of course," she smiled.

     "Oh... So how's your marriage? Do you two have kids?" (Name) asked, interested in the outcome of her future self's choice. "Well, we did have a child and our marriage is going well. We're still working as his butler," Barbatos answered.

     "Well, that's nice. It must be a wonderful feeling to finally accept him," (Name) said. Barbatos sighed in relief, "Yes, in the end, I managed to fall in love with Lord Diavolo. Also, (Name), I need to warn you again before I come back to Devildom..." Her face turned into a serious one. "In two days, you need to escape Malleus-san and make sure your plan won't fail. I hope that you won't disappoint me again."

     "What's gonna happen either way?"

     "Terrible, but I'm sure you're gonna survive. Trust your instincts," Barbatos replied and patted (Name)'s hands before disappearing in black smoke.

The demoness is still flabbergasted after hearing her future self got married and knowing that she has a lot of options to choose from, which means her life going back to Devildom won't be filled with misery, but also with a little sweetness and sourness in it...

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)