20 | Cater Diamond

*Where are the voters from the Malleus Draconia, huh? I'm gonna hunt every one of you

*I like the fact almost all of the readers from Celestial Wizard went here

*Simeon, Crowley, and Crewel can be a love interest

*First years may have some fluff scenes with (Name), but they'll have a romantic end scene for those who like the first years of course

*Again, I'm not forcing you to read each ending and I'll make sure they'll be of legal age if they'll have a relationship with the MC

- Heartslabyul Dorm -

Entering the dorm, they were met by an extravagant castle, painted red, white, and black. The entrance and middle windows are designed as a heart, while the side windows are designed as a diamond. It was almost the same as the castle in Yuu's dream. Not only that, there are multiple garden hedges, as tall as (Name). A labyrinth perhaps?

     "How beautiful," (Name) commented as she stared at the heart-shaped trees with red roses on them. "Whoa! This is gorgeous! Unlike our dorm that looks like a garage!" Grim complimented.

     Yuu sweat dropped from Grim's insult to Ramshackle Dorm, "Our dorm is under renovation, so stop saying that, Grim," He told the cat.

     In the distance, "Crap! I'm running out of time, I need to paint the roses red!" Someone yelled in the maze. The first years looked at each other, curious who that voice belongs to, "Someone's here then," (Name) stated.

     Entering deeper into the maze, they saw an orange-haired man. He has a diamond mark under his right eye with his bangs clipped above his head, "Oops! Nearly missed that!" He chortled as he attacked a white rose, turning it into a red one. "If I leave a white rose, my head will be off!" He sighed in relief.

     Yuu stopped in his tracks as he heard that sentence, 'Is this déjà vu?' He asked himself. The orange-haired man must've noticed the group in the distance, "Hello there~! You guys need something from me~?" He asked them as he waved.

     "What are you doing?" Ace asked the man, pointing at the roses behind him. Red paints splattered are seen beside trees and floors, "Oh this? I was painting the roses red," he answered.

     "What? Why?" Deuce gasped as he heard that, surprised, to say the least. "Aww~! How cute! It's been a while since I've seen such adorable reactions when I say I'm painting the roses!" The man awed, pinching Deuce's cheek. "Now that I took a close look at you guys, I just realized you're the ones who broke the chandelier in the cafeteria. Heard it cost a fortune, but it seems you didn't get expelled!"

     "Ugh, we'll never stop hearing about that commotion until the day we die," Ace groaned from embarrassment. The man must've heard Ace's complaint, turning his attention to him, "Ah~! The cherry on top! Well, aren't you the one who stole the tart last night from the dorm leader?" He asked, pinching Ace's cheek too.

     "Stop it!" Ace removed the man's fingers from his cheeks. The man just laughed at his reaction and took his phone, "Aww, you guys are so adorable! I'm very glad I met the first-year troublemakers first off! Hey, let's take a selfie!" He took Ace, Grim, Yuu, and Deuce.

     "Oh my..." (Name) giggled silently as she watched the four struggle from the man's grip. The man cheered as he took a picture with the two first years, "Yay~! Can I put this in Magicam? Tell me your names so I can tag you in my post, too!" He said as he typed while waiting for their answer.

     "I'm Deuce Spade," the obedient one answered. "Ace."

     "And I'm the Great Grim with my trusty servant!" Grim proudly introduced himself. The man must've clicked the sent button, "Boop~! There ya go! I almost forgot, I'm Cater Diamond by the way! The third year of Heartslabyul! Feel free to call me Cater-senpai, Cater, Cay-cay is fine, too! Nice to meet ya~," he introduced himself.

     "He sure is carefree," Yuu sighed, earning a light chuckle from the demoness. "Ah, you're the rumored Dorm Leader of Ramshackle! You're very famous, too! Heard that you're okay living there with the super dark and dirty hallways of that abandoned dorm. I feel bad for you," Cater patted Yuu's shoulder.

     "He doesn't know how to shut up, does he?" Grim said, annoyed by the senior in front of them. Cater then looked at the tall woman behind them, enamored by her beauty, "Omg! You're Barbatos from Diasomnia, right?! I didn't know you were this pretty! You're also called (Name), right? Can I call you that? Please, please—"

     "Calm down," (Name) told him as he was getting too close to her personal space. "I'm afraid I couldn't allow you to take any pictures with you," she declined as he pulled out his phone.

     "Aww... Then I should stop slacking off!" Cater puffed his chest as he took his magical pen out of his pockets. "I need to paint the roses red before tomorrow or else I'll lose my head. Hey, you guys, mind helping me paint the roses red?" He asked for help.

     "Why would I? Is that even necessary?" Ace scrunched his face from the chore. Cater rolled his eyes, "Because red roses are appealing in other's eyes! I think? I also need to paint the flamingos and hedgehogs for the croquet match, so I've got a lot of things to do~," he explained.

     (Name) and the others were taken aback by what he just said to them, "What?! Even the flamingos and hedgehogs?! Is the one giving you chores insane or something?!" Grim exclaimed. "Then that means, the tart Ace took last night is for the Dorm Leader's birthday. No wonder he got mad—"

     "That's not it," Cater played with the strand of his hair as he denied what Deuce said. "What?! Then who's that tart for then? Someone's birthday in the dorm?" Ace asked, shaking Cater's arms.

     "No one's actually. Tomorrow is our cultural dorm's event, The Unbirthday Party!" Cater told Ace. "It's where no one doesn't have a birthday on that specific date the dorm leader chooses. We'll have a feast tomorrow~," he added, clapping his hands.

     "What the fuck is that tradition?!" Ace looks aghast. Cater placed a finger above Ace's lips, "Shh~, we don't wanna let you get another punishment from the Dorm Leader, so behave, okay?" He indirectly teased the salmon-haired. "Deuce, Grim, and (Name)-chan. You two can paint the roses red with magic, right? And Ace with Yuu can't use magic. In the meantime, use this paint."

     "Paint the roses red with magic?" Deuce seems to be shaken because he's still a rookie. "I've never experienced this kind of chore," Grim murmured.

     Cater patted Deuce's head, "Don't worry~! The way to practice magic spells is by relaxing! We'll get used to it if we tried it!" He encouraged them. "Now now, we must be quick before we lose our heads~!"

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)