E/12 | "Object, Object"

*No, you're not marrying the MC (you're marrying yourself)

- Cafeteria -

     "I object," (Name) kept repeating when the Princess's grandfather started the vows. "(Name), do you take this woman in sickness and health—"

     "I object!" He firmly said, irritating the others whilst the others are laughing in the background. "Young man, please stop interrupting me, will you?! The Princess is already crying because you kept saying you object to this wedding!" Her grandfather chided.

     "You forced me against my will, so I have the right to object to this wedding," the demon firmly said. "I'm not fond of getting married and especially marriages I was forced with, it disgusts me. Do you understand how many people you've interrupted to their important things?" He added, earning gasps from the crowd.

     "Wow, (Name)-senpai is bold..." Deuce commented while he watched the wedding commence. "Go, (Name)-sama! You can do it!" Sebek cheered, not wanting to have the demon as someone else's spouse.

     "Silence!" The Princess yelled at them. She then put a hand on (Name)'s cheek, "Don't worry, darling. We just need to finish your vows amidst your objecting and we'll finally be forever together, okay? So wait there until we kiss," she smiled sweetly at him.

     "How many times should I say I object?"

Floyd kept yelling about not letting the bride kiss the demon, with Jade and Azul nodding since they'd grown a liking towards the said demon. Lilia just closed his eyes, not wanting to see the wedding commence and Jack growled at the ghosts who tried to put them back into the chains. Chubby, on the other hand, doesn't want to let the butler marry his beloved Princess...

- Cafeteria Hallway -

Since Riddle and Rook are distracting some ghosts, only the first years and Grim are the ones that left—making the cat brag he's the one carrying their ass through the whole operation, saying he's the most reliable among them. Epel seems pissed because of it and managed to blurt some words in his natural accent...

     Epel coughed, "I can do this too! Come on, Ace and Luke, let's show the others the first year can support themselves!" He told them and grabbed their wrists as they ran. "Ugh, you two, wait up!" Yuu called and ran to them.

     "Yeah, we're close to the cafeteria..." Ace nodded and looked at the time. Then he felt a presence from behind and immediately placed a hand around Luke and Epel, putting them down, "Well, they catch up to us..." He grumbled, looking at the ghosts that followed them.

     "Are you okay?" Yuu asked, offering his hand and grabbing Ace to stand up. "Yeah. Thanks, bro, and that lousy spell won't work on me," Ace bragged at the troubled ghost.

     "Get back! I'll hold them off!" Epel told the other first years, but instead of attacking him—they passed him and didn't attack him. "Why aren't they attacking me...? Hey! Why are you turning against me?" He asked the ghosts.

That's when he heard it—he was called a Princess. Since he has such beautiful feminine features, the ghost mistakes him for a female and a princess as the cherry on top. It irritated Epel, while Luke and Ace are trying to cover their mouths from laughing. He was gonna take this advantage until he was called weak and the ghosts told him to be behind them...

     "WHO ARE YOU CALLIN' WEAK, HUH?!" Epel yelled at them, surprising the ghosts that mistook him for a girl. Grim blinked his eyes, "Damn, he turned into someone else!" He exclaimed.

     "Wait... That's a male voice!" One of the ghosts exclaimed, pointing at the fuming Epel. "Capture him at once! Don't let him get in the wedding to interfere!" Another ghost yelled, causing all of the ghosts too.

     "You guys, go on without me!" Epel told the others, attacking every ghost at once. Luke gasped and covered his head, "Are you serious, Epel?! There are a lot of ghosts around you! You're not like Riddle and Rook here! Stop that!" The angel told the first year of Pomefiore.

     "They'll pay for calling me weak! I'm not gonna let them get off running away from the halls without taking revenge!" Epel yelled, laughing from the anger. Ace was gonna help him, when Yuu grabbed his shoulder, "Bro, he can do it. Epel's a trustable guy, so let's go!" The Ramshackle Dorm Leader told him and he nodded from it.

     "He's competitive..." Luke sighed.

     Epel chuckled from behind, "Go, you guys!" He called for them, cheering they'll make it in time. "And as for you guys... I'LL SHOW YOU WHO'S WEAK BETWEEN US!" He threatened, earning scared shrieks from the ghosts.

- Cafeteria -

     "Don't you dare kiss me..." Barbatos threatened the ghost bride. "But love, once midnight comes we'll have our kiss to seal our marriage~! Then we'll live together in the afterlife and I'll finally have a peaceful soul after years of trying to find you!" Eliza exclaimed.

Vil wasn't happy about this because she was stealing (Name), telling everyone they should take this seriously, but they can't because they were bound by the spell. Sebek was sobbing because he failed to protect (Name) and Leona sighed from this commotion...

     "STOP THE WEDDING!" A lot of people yelled, opening the door. Deuce must've recognized the voice, "I know that voice..." He tried turning his head, but couldn't.

     Luke wiped the sweat from his forehead, "Finally arrived at last!" He cheered. Ace coughed, "Those ghosts are such a nuisance, I hate it so much..."

     "Luke! Yuu! Ace!" (Name) happily announced, seemingly glad they were all safe. "What do you want?!" Eliza demanded. She took a close look at their faces, "That heart mark on your face and that kid with a black book... The intruders who want to ruin my special wedding! How dare you ruin my sacred—"

     "Blah, blah, blah," Yuu mocked the Princess as he took a sword from the ground. "Special, my ass. I'll shove this sword to your throat, so I can give you a taste of reality!" The Ramshackle Dorm Leader threatened, pointing the sword at her.

     Chubby went in front of Eliza, "You won't lay a hand on our Princess!" He stated, protecting the couple. Ace clicked his tongue, "To think there are still ghost servants here... How annoying," he grumbled and took his magical pen.

     "We'll distract them, Your Highness!"

     "Kiss the groom before it's too late!"

     "All right—"

     (Name) raised an eyebrow, "Who gave you permission to kiss me? This is my body after all and you don't have the right to do anything to it," he said and Eliza slowly looked at the demon, who was smiling wickedly. "Luke, turn the grimoire to page 34. There's a spell that can nullify her magic from my body..." He ordered the angel.

Hear me, woes of the deep...

Free the demon in front of me from the ghost's spell externally!

I am the one they call Luke, heed my command.

A white circle appeared beneath the demon as black smoke started to release from his body, nullifying her magic bounding from him. Before the Princess could touch him again, she felt her body get sliced by a knife from the white circle and Chubby went to her aid...

     "Good job, Luke," the demon patted the angel's head once he teleported beside them. "How dare you hurt the Princess! You're her groom after all and you still have the guts to slice her! You're pathetic!" Chubby yelled.

     The demon placed a hand above his mouth, chuckling at the way he chose his words to insult him, "Oh? To begin with, I'm not a Prince. I'm a butler of a Prince and second of all..." His form started to change back to her original form. "... I'm a woman, not a man. Do be wise while choosing your words, alright?" She smiled at them.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)