91 | Personality

*Also no, it's not a Twisted Wonderland character that'll be the antagonist (don't worry, I love them all)

*The antagonist plays a critical role in the story that'll answer the past questions

*Also, what do you hate about the MC?

- Kingdom of Thorns, Barbatos's room -

It was finally dinner in the castle, everyone was in the dining room while the demoness stayed in her room to wait for someone. From the information she got from Shan-Yu, Malleus Draconia is extremely powerful and can defeat her if he managed. Lilia Vanrouge, his mentor and guardian, is also powerful since he taught Malleus for years...

     "What are you doing, (Name)?" Malleus asked, opening the door to see the demoness looking at her phone. She raised her head to look at him, "Hello, Your Highness. Do you need anything from me?" She asked.

     "Yes, have dinner with me," he replied. He looks mad while he crossed his arms and tapped his shoes on the ground, "As my future wife, you're bound to stay with me at essential times of the day like breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You'll be the next Queen once I'm crowned, (Name)," he said.

That only reminds (Name) of one time Diavolo asked to marry her—"I'll make you Queen once I'm crowned as the new Demon King, (Name)! You won't be a butler anymore and you won't go through any hardship as my assistant anymore," she remembered that's what he said...

     Malleus sat beside her, lightly pulling her head to his chest, "It's fine, my dear," he whispered to her ear and it surprised the demoness. "If you can't reciprocate my love, I'll wait for you. Even if that means I need to wait for centuries, I'll understand your reason. I don't care if you hurt me as long as you stay with me..." He added as he hold her tightly.

Barbatos widened her eyes at that statement, he must've been yearning to love someone, but even he said that—no one can change her mind. A heart of a demon of someone like her can't toy around, she already swore that she can't fall in love with someone...

     He, on the other hand, loves her deeply and is aware she can't reciprocate it right now, "I know you're mad about my proposal..." It was the first time someone treated him like she did, but it couldn't erase the mistaken gesture. "I'll cherish your company forever..."

     The demoness has no choice, but to listen to the woes of his love, "Malleus-san, please don't push yourself into loving me. It's a waste of time waiting for me," she told the Prince. She could feel the Prince grabbing her chin and raising it to look at him, "What—"

- Scarabia Dorm, Lounge -

All of the students panted in exhaustion since Kalim made them do defensive magic after dinner and now the food they digested is already gone. He clapped his hands as a sign of stopping them and said they'll march to the East Oasis tomorrow morning...

Once Kalim left, everyone suddenly asked what happened to the dorm leader since he was acting nice earlier and he turned into someone else—he wasn't doing something like this and he's known to be one of the nicest students among the bunch in Night Raven College...

     "It's finally over..." Grim panted. "And I thought he's a carefree, nice dude, but I felt like he turned into someone else earlier... What happened?" He asked.

     "I'm sure he's just shaken by the results of our performances back in Magift and periodical tests," Jamil answered, worried about the dorm leader as well. "He probably feels guilty about it, considering he's having mood swings lately," he added.

     "He's not the same person we talked to earlier, it felt like this is more than unstable," Yuu remarked while he glared at the vice dorm leader, knowing something is fishy happening in this dorm. Jamil nodded, "Well, I can say for sure he changed the way he approaches everyone now, I've never seen him act like this.

     "What do you mean?" The Ramshackle Dorm Leader asked. "Ever since we were kids, I've known Kalim's personality, but right now I don't think he's the Kalim I've remembered. Everything changed about him, both his actions and the way he talks, he changed as someone sees him as a King... I'm worried about him, but everyone adored him as the dorm leader. Right now, they don't know if he's the same dorm leader they adored..."

     "That's sad..." Grim felt sympathy, but Yuu wasn't feeling bad at all because the man in front of him smells danger. The vice dorm leader looked tired, "He's being stubborn and reckless about making decisions. Even after what he's done, I did my best to defend him... I don't know if I can continue..." He sighed.

     "Vice Dorm Leaders like Trey and Jamil sure have it hard," Grim stated, patting the head of Scarabia's vice dorm leader.

That's when Jamil's gaze looked at both Yuu and Grim, exclaiming that they're the diamond in the rough. They're known to be saving Heartslabyul, Savanaclaw, and Octavinelle's dorm leaders from dying because of going Overblot, which made them exceptional students among the bunch. He asked for their help to solve the problem behind Kalim's weird attitude...

     Jamil grabbed Yuu's palms, "This must be fate since we met ever since the cafeteria earlier. I trust you guys will solve this problem before anyone else!" He exclaimed, hoping for them to help him solve Scarabia's problem. Grim doesn't seem to agree with this as he jumped to Yuu's shoulder, "I get it, we're special students, but we're talking about a different case here! I don't think—"

     Jamil paid no mind to the cat and stared deeply into Yuu's eyes, "You'll help us, don't you?" He asked. Yuu's eyes turned into lifeless ones again, "Consider it done."

Grim was flabbergasted as he angrily complain to Yuu about bringing themselves to other dorm's problems. Jamil smiled at them, thanking their participation for helping him to solve the case behind Kalim's situation, and told the other students to take Yuu and Grim to a room for them to rest here...

- Scarabia Dorm, Vacant Room -

     "Enjoy your sleep here. Goodnight," a student bid goodnight as they closed the door, leaving the Ramshackle students inside. Yuu grabbed his head, wincing in pain from what happened, "Ugh, I hate this feeling... What happened now?" He asked Grim.

     Grim huffed, "I told you to not get involved in other dorm problems! It's not our problem that the carefree dorm leader is acting like that! You always like to jump into trouble!" He yelled, scolding the magic-less human for being reckless. Yuu grumbled, "The fuck? What the fuck are you saying, Grim?" He asked.

     "Well, you just agreed on helping Jamil for solving Scarabia's problem! You're kind and it's sickening, but you're scary sometimes..." Grim replied, crossing his arms from Yuu's actions earlier. Yuu, on the other hand, wondered how he agreed, "How did I agree to that guy anyway? That's weird..."

Grim told him they'll sneak out of the dorm, so they'll avoid jumping to help the students in Scarabia. All they need to do is to check the outside is full of students, so they can go to the Mirror and go back to their dorm...

     Then someone whistled, "What the fuck?" Yuu hissed. Then a bunch of Scarabia students appeared, "What are you two trying to do?! Are you trying to escape the dorm this late?!" One of them yelled.

     "We don't care no matter who you are, you're not allowed to leave the dorm to slack off," another one told them as all of them took their magical pens to defeat the said Ramshackle students. "The Dorm Leader wouldn't allow such slackers to go off the hook!"

     "Get them!"

     "Chase them at once!"

     "Fuck it, Grim! Let's go!"

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)