E/10 | Princely Tactics

Start from the beginning

     Ace started to look dazzling, covering everyone's eyes, "Whenever you feel down or you're exhausted, I'll always be beside you. I want to bring happiness and laughter to my wife every day... I am truly the Ideal Prince you ever wanted, My Princess. Just pay attention to me and me only, let's get married!" He exclaimed and kissed the ghost's hand. The ghost sobbed and wiped his tears, "How touching you prioritize the happiness of your partner... Truly beautiful! Forgive me for hurting your feelings!" He apologized.

Riddle and Luke are congratulating him since it's a heartfelt proposal, even though Ace is covering his face and denying it, saying it's a lie. Luke laughed since it was probably everything from the heart, but Riddle only gave him praise and said the Princess will choose no matter how touching their proposals are. The ghost called for Riddle's attention since he was up next...

     Riddle placed his hand above his chest and bowed in front of the ghost, "Standing in front of you, I'll pledge with virtue. I guarantee you won't be hurt, my dear... As your partner and Ideal Prince, I'll do everything to protect you from the dangers of this world! Would you please choose me as your groom?" He asked. The ghost blushed, "Oh my... You're trustable! Even I fall for your proposal..." He complimented.

Everyone complimented how Riddle takes this seriously as if he's marrying someone, well that's surely not the bride. He blushed when Epel, Luke, and Ace are throwing praise on him since he managed to make the ghost blush, even Rook is amazed and praised the three people who already gave their proposals. The ghost clapped his hands from their heartfelt proposals and called for the last contestant, Rook, to show his proposal...

     Rook cleared his throat and knelt in front of the ghost, taking his hand, "Mon Tresor, I shall give you my love. For suffering such hurting years, I'll reach out with a poem to touch your heart and prove my love for you..." He stated.

I want to bring warmness to your now cold heart, truly a heroine of a failed story to continue.

Lo, how you make my heart beat.

Oh, your face is ruined by tears.

Vibrant warmth, searching for the one worthy of your expectations.

Eyes of azure, yet mysterious guilt flowing in them.

You'll find them dry once I caress your skin and wipe your tears of guilt.

Oath of love, I stand here as the Prince you've been wishing for.

Undying Love, I'll light the fire in your heart again.

Everyone gawked at how romantic it was, while Riddle is analyzing something from the poem and told them they should get the first letter of each line together. Well, they shrugged because they didn't remember the whole poem and it irritated the Dorm Leader of Heartslabyul, telling them that it forms the sentence "I LOVE YOU". Rook was pleased they noticed it, with Yuu cheering from behind since he didn't expect it either...

     "I'm a crossword expert, surely I know it," Riddle smiled. "How the fuck is that relevant?" Ace asked.

     "These Pomefiore students scare me..." Grim muttered and stared at the two Pomefiore residents, Epel looked offended and yelled he was not like them. Rook noticed the look at the ghost and offered another poem to prove his love for the bride, but the ghost stopped him before doing so, "Okay! Enough already! All of you are better than the first ones... I must say you're worthy enough, however..." The ghost sighed.

     "We passed the test and that makes us qualified—"

     "You're too short."

Everyone panicked since Riddle doesn't like getting called short—like the one time Floyd called him short, he got a collar on his neck for teasing the dorm leader. Ace laughed nervously laughed because he knows what's gonna happen now, even tho Riddle said they won't approach them with violence...

     "HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME THAT WAY!" Riddle yelled and took his magical pen, pointing it at the ghost. "OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!"

     "PARDON?!" The ghost panicked. Flames started to happen around the ghost, burning him, "YOU SHALL BURN FOR ETERNITY, YOU FOOLISH IDIOT!"

     "OUCH! THAT'S HOT!" The ghost yelled. Rook clapped his hands, "That's a wonderful spell, Roi du Roses. They engulfed the ghost quickly," he praised and watched the ghost go burn.

Riddle told them people won't stop growing until 18 and he still has time to grow tall, earning sweat drops from the first years. Luke, on the other hand, is worried because someone must've heard the commotion, and to his surprise, someone did and they're approaching them at full speed...

     "What's all of this commotion?!"

     "The ghost servants are here! Everyone, duck!" Luke yelled when the ghosts started to attack them. "Did you cause this? We can't let you enter the castle and wreak havoc!" One of them told the students.

     "Ugh, the ghosts are here again! Come on, you lot!" Grim yelled at them, attacking the ghosts with his magic. Epel sighed and tried to tame the frightened horse, "So much for proposing with a horse... Our efforts will be wasted if we won't fix this!" He told the others.

     Ace rolled his eyes, "That horse isn't really important, but Riddle ruined our chance!" He complained. "I'm sorry... I must've been pressured because of the despicable time limit and got angry at the ghost who called me short..." The dorm leader apologized.

Rook tried his best to cheer up the gloomy dorm leader of Heartslabyul, while Ace rolled his eyes because the hunter is spouting french nonsense again, while Yuu and Luke are trying their best to defend them from the ghost's attacks...

     "We don't have time to comfort someone, bitches!" Yuu yelled and slashed a ghost with the sword he stole from them. "Yeah, he's right! We must be quick!" Luke agreed.

     "We won't let you enter the castle to ruin Her Highness's wedding!" One of the retainers told the bunch. Ace smirked and went into a fighting stance, "Don't worry! We'll destroy that wedding for sure!" He yelled and attacked the ghosts.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)