92.

"Miss Granger, we weren't aware you would be joining us today." Shacklebolt says.

"Now you are." She clips. "Being adaptable is a major component in your job minister, it would be wise of you to tap into that."

Well fuck. And here we all thought freckles' snippy attitude was going to be the most surprising thing today.

"I understand your frustration." The change in his tone makes it obvious that he's no longer talking to her as the Minister but instead, as a friend.

"My frustration?" She mocks. "Frustrated is an understatement but I know I don't need to tell you that."

"If you'll please just ca–"

"Do not tell me to calm down."

He closes his eyes and lets out a deep sigh. "Alright, the floor is yours. At least try to be respectful."

"I'll give it my best shot." Granger sarcastically replies before directing her attention towards the council. "I'm aware that you all prefer to just sit back and daydream but since you failed to listen to me the first time, I demand you open your ears and pay close attention to what I have to say."

She offers them a moment for any objections but even they aren't foolish enough to do so. People like to say that I'm scary, unpredictable too apparently, but I'm nothing compared to Granger when she's angry. This woman commands a room and if she doesn't agree with you, she'll make sure you know. She has a kind heart that's far too big sometimes but that doesn't mean she's soft. I fully believe this witch would've cut off the hand of any individual who raised theirs right now.

This is fantastic. Confusing but nonetheless, fantastic.

"We're gathered here today because Draco Malfoy violated his probation, yes?" She asks.

"That's correct." Shacklebolt replies.

"Wrong. We're here because you have once again found it far easier to pin the blame of others on a single individual. I must admit, I'm rather disappointed in all of you right now."

I love it when she talks to people like they're children, it's easily the most offensive way to speak to this lot.

"Disappointed but not surprised." She says. "You can take the wizards and witches out of Hogwarts but you can't take the juvenile prejudice bullshit out of them."

"Miss Granger." Shacklebolt interjects. "I urge you to tread carefully."

"And I urge you to be the man that earned the title of minister of magic in the first place. You were aware of his involvement with The Order, of the invaluable information and help he provided us and yet you did nothing. Has the stress of politics broken you down so much that you've misplaced your conscience Kingsley?"

"There were protocols to be followed."

"Since when has being a coward fallen onto the list of protocols? I understand that you were new to the position, that you wanted to earn the respect of your colleagues and the wizarding community, but this is someone's life we're talking about."

"I understand–"

"No you don't understand!" Granger flips open the same folder Glenice pulled from earlier and angrily holds up a piece of parchment. "This was the letter Harry read on my behalf three years ago. In one part I state that this trial is not about determining whether someone is good or evil but about a boy who was never given a choice. Years later, Draco was given a choice. He was given the choice of whether or not to assist the ministry. Countless times he could've fled and he would've been successful in doing so but he didn't. He chose to stay, to fight with us once again."