36.

September 28 1996

Since Granger's conversation with Theo her nightly ritual of pounding outside the common room has come to an end which has been a blessing. My head is clear again resulting in my focus returning. I'm sharper than ever and my occlumency hasn't faltered for even a second since. No outbursts, no damaging my room or other inanimate objects. Just empty white walls and everything neatly filed away.

I slip on my black robes, boots and grab my mask before heading over to Theo and Blaise's room. Theo opens the door before I'm even given the chance to knock. They're all dressed in their proper attire and remain silent. I step into the room and offer a curt nod.

"Ready?" I ask.

They all stand up and gather around me in the center of the room, each placing a hand somewhere on my body. I take out the portkey and unwrap the cloth from around it. Once my finger touches the pendant the room twists and turns and our bodies are pulled out of Hogwarts and are then placed just outside the manor.

We have a meeting tonight, all sectors are required to attend. This will be my first time stepping before everyone since my promotion. It didn't take long for those within Reformation to fall into place, Dolohov tested me at first but I quickly reminded him of his ranking. With that being said, I'm unsure of how easily everyone else will follow suit.

There's five sectors that make up the entirety of the death eaters. Operations, communications, emissary (an extension of communications), reformation and the supreme. My father works in emissary and my aunt Bella is within the supreme.

I'm no fool, I know that my father will never acknowledge me as anything other than his offspring, no matter what ranking I may be in possession of. My aunt Bella is of no concern, she's very quick to submit to those of higher status but it is her sector that has me on edge.

The Supremes are named as such because that is what they are considered, at least to themselves. It's a small department containing the dark lord's most trusted followers. They were the ones who remained strong by his side from the beginning of his rise to power and after his falling.

Their jobs? Kiss the pale ashy arse of a psychopath.

Wormtail opens the door for us, his head immediately lowering as he catches sight of me. "Lieutenant Malfoy." He says. "An honor to welcome you tonight." I extend no pleasantries in return and continue my way through the foyer, stopping just outside the west study.

"You three head to the dining room and join the others. We will be out shortly." I inform them. Blaise and Pansy nod their heads before departing, Theo stays back. "That includes you, Nott."

He clears his throat before speaking. "Draco, if I could just-"

I pivot on my heel and meet his eyes with a hardened stare. "You are not permitted to speak to me in such informal terms here. You are also not permitted to speak unless prompted to do so and if you are you will use the proper title. It would be wise to remember your place soldier. I am in no position nor do I have the energy to once again suffer the consequences of your foolish tongue."

His throat bobs as he gulps back what I'm assuming are countless expletives.

"Have I made myself clear?"

He nods his head.

"I want verbal confirmation." I command.

"Yes, sir." He says through gritted teeth.

"Good. Now leave."

I run my hand through my hair and straighten my robes before entering the study. Voldemort is sat behind the desk which is a perplexing visual to process. My father, Bella, Amycus and Karkaroff are already inside, standing along the perimeter of the room.