33.

There's a rustling in my bed, it's subtle but enough to wake me from my sleep. I'm on high alert as my eyes shoot open, searching the room while I simultaneously reach for my nightstand where my wand and knife lay.

Then there's a hand on my arm. A gentle, warm and caring hand. I turn to my right and it's her. She's here, she's in my bed, she's with me and she's here. 

But how? How did she get in here? How did she get past the wards? Why is she-

"It's okay Draco, it's just me." She whispers, the sound of her voice instantly calming me. My hand that was originally reaching for my nearest weapon is now tangling itself in her curls, pulling her into me.

"Granger." I exhale. Relief washing over me as I rest my forehead against hers. "What are you doing here?"

Her fingers trace over the scars that mark my chest and torso. Her eyebrows twisted together as she flits her eyes back up to mine.

"You're damaged."

"What?" My head cocks. "No. I'm fine."

"You're cut up and damaged." She repeats.

I take her hands in mine and lift them to my mouth, kissing them. "I'm fine, they're just scars."

She ignores me and pushes her hand against my shoulder, twisting me around to provide her a full view of my back which is even more unsightly.

"Damaged... mangled..."

I spin back around, quickly growing irritated with this examination of hers.

"Granger, stop."

But she continues.

"..broken... defective..."

"Stop."

"... irreparable... disgraceful... failure..."

"Stop!"

She keeps going and going and going. My hands are covering my ears and my eyes are tightly shut as I beg for her to stop but she doesn't show any mercy.

"Please," I plea. "Please Hermione."

And then silence.

I open my eyes and she's no longer next to me, she's walking out of the room. I jump out of my bed and follow her.

"Where are you going?" I ask as we descend down the stairs but she doesn't respond, her face is a blank slate. I continue bombarding her with questions but I'm met with the same result each time.

She only stops walking once we reach the drawing room. I step in front and grab her by the shoulders.

"Granger, what is going on? Talk to me!" I shout, shaking her body.

"It's about time you joined us."

Every muscle in my body stiffens, the hairs on the back of my neck shooting straight up. As I turn around I tuck her behind me, shielding her with my body.

"I was beginning to worry you weren't going to come." He says as he slowly closes the distance between us. "But I knew you would. You are my strongest soldier after all. So obedient. So lethal."

"My lord." My grip on her arm tightens as I bow my head.

He presents a dagger to me. "Take it."

I grab it with my free hand and he turns my body around to face Granger again. She struggles to bend down. Voldemort rips my hand away, allowing her to fully get on her knees.

His mouth is next to my ear, I can feel the warmth of his breath brush against my cheek.

"Execute." He whispers.