34.

September 20 1996

I've started to run. It feels all too muggle but it helps keep me in shape and maintain a clear head. I run approximately 32 kilometers a day. 12 in the morning and 20 at night. I've had a harder time sleeping lately which shouldn't be an issue that I'm experiencing seeing as I've already been sent on four missions in Edinburgh and all my free time is spent on that damn cabinet.

I should be exhausted. Drained. If not from the physical exertion but the mental. Occluding all day every day takes a toll on even the strongest but I can't afford to let myself slip, not even for a moment. I swear I've even managed to perfect it in my sleep.

I used to dream all the time but now... nothing.

It's a quarter till 3 in the morning. I'm just now returning from my run and rounding the corner to the common room entrance when I see someone curled up and passed out on the floor. Usually I wouldn't offer them a second glance but they're blocking the door.

Letting out an aggravated huff I approach the drunken mess. As I get closer my eyes adjust to the dim light and I'm able to get a better look at the individual.

Gryffindor robes.

Messy mop of curls.

No. Absolutely not. I am not doing this. I refuse.

"Granger," I say, lightly shaking her body while also kicking myself for not turning around and walking away. "Granger."

She lets out a groan and lazily swats the air around her, waving me to leave her be. "Bugger off crooks." She mumbles.

"Granger, it's me."

Her eyes struggle to open halfway as she tilts her head. "It's youuu!" She smiles as she slowly sits up.

I place my hand on her back to help keep her steady. "What are you doing down here?" I ask.

"It's my birthday toda-er-yesterday you know." Her words slurring together.

"Yes," I sigh. "I'm aware."

"Ron and Harry threw me a party, you didn't come. Why didn't you come?"

Merlin, how much did this woman have to drink? And why did those two idiots let her wander off in this state? If someone else were to find her like this who knows what they might've done. The thought of anyone touching her, especially without her consent, makes my skin itch and blood boil.

"Let's get you back to your dorm yeah?" I take her arm and slowly try to help her up to her feet. "Can you stand?" My question is answered when her knees instantly begin to wobble and she fully collapses into my arms. I really shouldn't do this. This is by the far the dumbest thing I've ever done.

"Alright, let's go Granger." With ease, I sling her limp body over my shoulder, mutter the password and carry her inside.

Reaching my dorm, I close the door behind me and cast a ward. I really don't need a repeat of the last time she was here.

Walking over to my bed, I gently lay her down and she begins to giggle.

"You're so strong." She pulls her bottom lip between her teeth and brushes her fingers against my cheek. "Strong and handsome." She says, tapping the tip of my nose.

The Granger I placed in a box tries to claw her way out at the sound of her drunken confessions. I take my wand out and transfigure a cup. "Aguamenti." I sit beside her on the mattress and support her weight as she sits up. Bringing the glass to her mouth I instruct her to drink. She takes a pathetic three sips before resting her head on my shoulder.