54.

August 1 1997

"I-I don't understand." His voice shakes. "I did everything that you asked of me. I pledged my allegiance to you."

Voldemort slowly circles around Scrimgeour who is on his knees in the center of his office.

"You served valiantly, minister." Voldemort says. "This is not a reflection of your cooperation, it's just simply what needs to be done." He raises his hand ever so slightly, a subtle flick of his finger to call for me. I take two steps forward and wait for his signal.

"It is a shame that magical blood must be spilled but I hope you know that your death will not be in vain."

Another finger lifted – I draw my knife

"What is to become of my family?" Scrimgeour asks nervously, fully aware of the protocols.

"They will suffer not." Voldemort assures him. "Lieutenant Malfoy will make sure of that, he is extraordinarily precise."

A wave to the side – I reach for his shoulder, crouch down and drive my blade up just behind his chin, twisting before yanking it back out.

Scrimgeour's body convulses on the floor for a minute or so before going fully limp. Bloody footsteps trail their way across the office as Voldemort steps out, myself following closely behind.

"Inform Zabini of the minister's falling, have him spread the word." He instructs.

"Yes my lord."

I locate Blaise and relay the message, he immediately begins sending word to the other sectors which means I have precisely ten minutes until Greyback, Yaxley and the Carrows head out.

There's chaos erupting throughout the building as the news of the minister's death begins spreading which offers me perfect coverage to leave unnoticed. I turn my signet ring once clockwise, pinning down on Granger's location and apparating.

I told these knobheads countless times that it was not the time for a wedding but did they listen to me? No. They'd always say some dumb shit like "You're just an antagonist when it comes to anything remotely happy." I'm not adverse to happiness but I am to stupidity and that's precisely what this was – fucking stupid.

The newlyweds are peacefully spinning around together on the dance floor when I approach Granger. Taking a hold of her arm I say "Time to go love."

"But they just started their first dance." She complains.

"Good for them, now let's go." She fights back when I try to pull her away. "This is not the time to be stubborn." I tell her, my voice stern.

"Mr. Weasley said they reinforced the wards, I don't see how they would even be able to get in."

I do not have the patience for this right now.

"Granger, if you don't move those feet of yours immediately then I will throw you over my shoulder and carry you out."

"But Draco-" Her dispute is interrupted by gasps bouncing around us as a ball of blue light glows in the center. Everyone remains still as they carefully observe, waiting to see what is about to happen.

"The ministry has fallen." Blaise's voice echoes. "The minister of magic is dead."

"Are you ready now?" I ask, irritated that she chooses the worst times to be difficult. Granger is about to say something when they arrive, breaking straight through the wards and shattering every piece of glass in the surrounding area. Panic sets off, everyone begins frantically running around, the smart ones apparating.