3.

November 7 1995

Snape floats around the room as he inspects everyone's cauldrons, disappointed remarks handed out here and there.

He stops at my desk and eyes the book in my hand. "I assume there's a good reason as to why you're reading rather than working on your potion Mr. Malfoy?"

"I finished 20 minutes ago." I reply as I continue reading. "Is that so?" I snap my book shut and step aside for him to check for himself.

He snatches a piece of parchment from under Longbottom's elbow, tears off a corner and drops it in.

The other students at my table lean in as they watch the piece of scrap slowly disintegrate as it touches the liquid inside.

Snape lifts a brow at me.

"Perhaps you should all start taking notes from Mr. Malfoy," he announces, everyone turns their attention to him. "He seems to be the only competent one in this room."

Finnigan looks over at me and as he opens his mouth to say something I shoot him a glare "Fuck off." Quickly averting his eyes from me he stares down at his cauldron which is boiling over.

After potions I'm stopped by McGonagall as she once again reminds me of the dinner this Friday.

"7 pm. Got it." I nod as I rush off, not wanting to stick around to hear another speech on why it's such an honor to be invited and how important it is.

More important things than some trivial dinner were on my mind. Quidditch.

Tonight's game is Slytherin against Gryffindor. Potter wastes no time in talking a big game and, in my opinion, the twat is due for some humbling.

The chosen one and the youngest seeker in a century, bloody surprised his glasses still fit with how big his head has gotten.

Each player makes their way out to the field.

"Tonight we have Slytherin vs Gryffindor!" Announces Lee. "Last time these two went head to head Slytherin won when their seeker, Draco Malfoy, caught the golden snitch. Nearly breaking the school record for time."

Approaching the face off I stare directly into Potter's eyes who locked onto me the second I stepped foot onto the field.

"Try not to fall off your broom this time Potter."

"I didn't fall. You ran me into a post." He retaliates.

"Maybe if you spent less time admiring me you would've seen the giant wooden post that was right in front of your face." I smirk.

"Fuck you Malfoy." He spits.

"Sorry, you're not my type." My tone snarky which all to easily gets under his skin, just as I had planned.

"Let the game begin!" And just like that my eyes lock onto the snitch. Flashing one last smirk at Potter I dart off in its direction, him following directly behind me.

After a few minutes of him locked on my tail as I weave in and out of the stands I decide to have a little fun before ending the game.

I quickly halt in front of the Gryffindor student section, Potter nearly crashing right into me.

"Is that-Cho? Making out with Finnigan?"

He snaps his head to the left and scans the stands, only to be met by a confused look from Weasley and Granger.

"God, for being the chosen one you such are fucking gullible." I chuckle before speeding off.

He eventually catches up with me but is too late to the party as I grab the snitch with ease.