14.

December 13 1995

Granger and I have begun working together on the research paper again, a saving grace for her considering everything she has been composing up to this point has been horrendous. A rather odd concept when it comes to her but then again many things she has been doing as of late has been out of character.

She's continued to stare at me during classes, not in an appalled or disgusted way like before but more on the side of intrigued? The glares aside, the one thing that keeps replaying in my head is the fact that she called me by my first name. It was a one time thing but still, it happened. I would spend my entire inheritance just to hear it once more.

As for Potter, his outburst last week caused more trouble than I would have cared for. We may possess the ability to do magic but we're still teenagers which results in gossip spreading throughout the entire school in less than an hour. That day when I returned to the common room I was met by a literal interrogation led by both Blaise and Theo.

Though I owe them nothing I found it easier to just tell them about the research paper. Pansy has made herself scarce, fleeing the room every time I enter. I'm upholding my end of the deal by not mentioning her fuck up but that doesn't mean I've forgotten so I'd say it's very wise of her to stay away for now.

Granger and I are sat in the back of the library at our usual table, passing by students have been taking it upon themselves to stare at us and whisper back and forth. They're bloody lucky she's here, if she weren't I'd be showing them just how lethal a quill can be.

As I'm making revisions on her latest draft I can feel her eyes trained on me.

"Granger." I hum, not looking up from the paper.

"Yes?"

"You're staring again."

Peeking up for a moment, I watch as she looks away, her cheeks flushed as she pulls at her bottom lip.

"Sorry."

"Did I tell you that you could stop?"

As her head turns back to me, our eyes meet, the corner of her mouth turned up slightly into a smile.

Once I finish the last of my corrections I slide the paper over to her and begin explaining the mistakes.

"When it comes to this method you can't just substitute one single thing, you must replace your current position within a safe place. You must develop this to the extent that it takes up the entirety of your mind. It needs to be so prominent that everything else ceases to exist, focus on every little detail."

She's looking at me while I speak but it's obvious she didn't hear a word I just said.

"Does that make sense?" I ask.

"Er-yes-completely."

Stuttering, what an adorable but awful liar.

I lean back into my seat and cross my arms. "Explain it to me then."

Shifting in her seat, she looks down at the paper and then back up at me, letting out a deep breath. "Substitute safe place, focus on details." She says confidently.

I have to bite the inside of my cheek to stop a grin from forming. "What's on your mind Granger? And don't even bother trying to lie to me, we both know that you're terrible at it."

"I need your help." She admits.

Raising a brow, I lean forward. "I never thought this day would come. Alright, tell me who it is and how much you would like for them to suffer."