Roadside Assistance

"You're definitely the only person I would do this for.," Natasha grumbles while making her way over to help you, you who'd been stranded on the side of this road for a little over an hour now., "Natasha, we both know that isn't true—you'd help Wanda or Clint out like this too.," the redhead shrugged indifferently at your slight truths. You watched her intently as she settled her tool box down beside your lemon of a car, then your eyes were quick to zone in on her deliciously toned arms as she was removing her leather jacket to place it over your shoulder for safe keeping.

As she smirked at your wandering gaze you were quick to look away to avoid her taunting. Your eyes returned to her as soon as she was sliding beneath your car, and you took the moment alone to shamelessly admire her physique. Her shirt had ridden up to expose her toned abdomen and the sight alone left you wondering if she'd ever give you more than flirty banter and proposed bonds of friendship.

Natasha had always intrigued you, she was a picture perfect example of beauty, and though she could do much better as a famed Avenger she was nothing if not an amazing friend to you. Many times went by where you thought it might be more to her, like when she'd invite you to events as her plus one, but then she'd sneak off with another girl, and you'd wind up hailing a taxi home. She was nothing short of confusing, but it never seemed to curve your want for her. Your sinful thoughts were soon interrupted as she asked you a rhetorical question., "Why do you always manage to persuade me with your charms?"

You chuckled., "Didn't know me crying over the phone was charming Nat, but I'll remember that the next time I need you to help me.," she grunted in lieu of words, and for a few short minutes all that could be heard were her many grunts followed by curses and the sounds of her tinkering with car parts you knew nothing about, and you were just grateful your friend here seemed to know what she was doing.

"Everything alright down there?," you teased, but then your heart dropped when you heard her curse in her mother tongue, she slid out from under your car covered in black smudges while wearing a defeated smile., "Well, I have good news, and then I have bad news.," she relayed exactly what you expected to hear while extending her hand out to you for assistance. You jerked her up off the ground, and she was actually quite impressed with your strength., "Which do you want first detka?," she asked softly, her grease covered hands fell to your waist and you were about to protest for the sake of your shirt, but the touch just felt right.

"Natty, Just rip off the bandaid please.," you grimaced, and she offered you only the softest of smiles, the kind she'd only reserved for you. Soft lips pressed to your forehead for an added layer of comfort as she sadly confirmed your suspicions., "This car is junk Y/N/N, and based on what I can see the jerk who sold it to you off that lot last month had to have known it.," you sighed aggressively, your hot breaths fanning across the redheads skin causing her to shiver., "Would you care for the good news detka?"

Natasha's heart beamed when you leaned into her, laying your head against her chest and wrapping your arms around her waist as you nodded against her, urging her to speak., "Well, I have the kinda pull necessary to get you one of Tony's vehicles free of charge.," Natasha instantly shushed you before you could expectedly protest the generous offer., "On top of that offer I also would like to offer my own services.," you shifted so that you could peer up at her questioningly., "I'll be your personal chauffeur for the next week while Tony gets the car ready for you detka.," she says as if it was always the obvious answer.

"Natty, I can't ask you guys to to do any of that.," you confidently negated her offer, but the shake of her chest beneath your cheek as she chuckled told you she also didn't take you seriously., "You didn't ask, I offered because there's no way my precious girl will be back to taking the Subway through this shady city.," her arms were quick to slip around your back to hold you tightly against her, this need to protect you at all costs consuming her heart.

"Natty, I've lived here my whole life, I can handle the hustle and bustle of the city.," you said over a soft giggle, but all you received were her arms tightening around you., "Yeah, but I'm saying that won't be happening anymore. This city's only gotten more dangerous over time, and you've got a direct tie to me now. You're too important a person to me Y/N/N, far more important than I think you realize."

The vulnerability in her voice threw your mind for a loop, and as you pulled away to look into her eyes you could see they were glazed over., "Oh Natty, what's wrong?," her heart skipped when you immediately moved into comforting her, like it was just the most natural thing for you to do, and so she released a shaky breath in lieu of a response while she built up courage to be honest. Nonstop reminding herself of what Clint said to her as she left his farm last week. That she did deserve the love she knew you had to offer her, and in turn you deserved to know that she had always loved you just the same.

Softly she smiled at you, confusing you more as her lips softly kissed the palms of your hands that were currently cupping her warm cheeks., "Would you believe me if I said nothing?," you went to reply, but she was too quick., "Because I am actually not sad at all Y/N, I'm thrilled to be able to take care of you. It's all I want to do, now and for the rest of our life if you'd let me.," you gasped at the confessional, words you'd all but begged for her to say were finally said, and it all felt like a fever dream, but you knew it was really happening as the cold wind breezed by., "You're not shitting me right now, right?"

Natasha's lips fell into a slight frown, but she knew better than to be offended. It truly was a fair question to ask her since she's been running from your advances from the start., "Y/N, I would never lie to you, so what do you say,hm? Will you let me take you to dinner?," she looked to you with hopeful eyes, and a bright smile etched her face when you nodded. You squealed when your body was lifted off the ground, Natasha having been overwhelmed by excitement found the urge to spin you around in celebration., "It's already five, I made us reservations for six-thirty, so we have enough time to get us out of these dirty clothes."

Natasha smirked when seeing realization flash across your face, she kissed your cheek just before dropping her helmet over your head., "Don't overthink it detka, just hold on tight, and know that you're forever safe with me.," Though she couldn't see it you smiled under the helmet, happy to know this was always her plan—to help you and make you hers. She guided you to her bike, helping you on, and once your arms laid comfortably over her abdomen she sped off on her motorbike with an unrelenting smile on her face as the crisp wind rushed through her beautiful red hair., "YA tebya lyublyu Y/N.," she yelled out into the world, smiling when you squeezed her hip three times in what she understood to be your reciprocation., "I'll protect you forever angel..."

————————————
1,358 Words

Final Sunshine/Grumpy prompt

❤️ Kaitlyn ☺️