Die For You ... Part 1

Disclaimer: I absolutely hate angst, but I also felt like I should write a bit of it just to spice up my oneshots. I've done slight angst, but never really gone fully for it so this will be primarily angst. There will also be a fluffy pt 2 because I could never allow just angst... 😳

TW: Angst(IMO that's a trigger), talks of death, minor gaslighting, domestic abuse, verbal and slightly physical abuse, blood, swearing, I'm trying to incorporate TW's as I haven't thought to in the past. Let me know if there's any missing

————————————————————————

Y/N's POV

"Nat, my love, you should take a break, come have dinner with me." I gently plead to my stubborn girlfriend.

"No, I have all this paperwork to do, I can't just drop everything, just because you want me to eat with you." Nat coldly replies.

"Sweetheart, your paperwork will still be here in an hour. You need to eat, all you've had today was toast and a handful of almonds."

"Just because you don't take mission reports seriously doesn't mean I can do the same." She replies, slowly raising her voice.

"Nat, that's not true, and it's also not fair. Just come —."

"Y/N! Just shut the fuck up! I'm not going to stop what I'm doing to just eat some dinner with you. I'm so tired of you and your clingy-ness. God, Bruce was never this clingy. Do me a favor and just leave me the hell alone." Nat shouts at me, never even turning to look at me.

Ouch

"Will do." I coldly reply, not allowing my feelings to be obtainable to her. I harden my features, and leave before my resolve fails.
I shut the door calmly, even if all I wanted to do was disturb her peace and slam the door. I'm not giving her the satisfaction of getting a rise out of me.

I walk away completely stunned, but refusing to break down while still in the compound. As I approach our shared room, I'm essentially on auto pilot, I grab my duffle bag and fill it with my essential belongings—I pack enough for at least a week. I take my promise ring off, and slam it down on the bedside table, then I take off—destination unknown.

Nat's POV

After Y/N left I focused on my paperwork, and after about two hours I'd finished. I was cleaning up, and then I felt my stomach rumbling—I was hungry. As I went to leave my office there was a bag with takeout in it hanging on my door. Then it all hit me... I yelled at her, I let my stress overwhelm me and took it out on her.

I also lied, I am not tired of her clingy-ness, it's actually my favorite thing in the world.

The morning cuddles she suffocates me in every morning.

The way she clings to me for hours when one of us returns from a mission.

The kiss that takes place after the kiss that was supposed to be the 'last one.'

I love every bit of her clingy, it's like my lifeline. Her touch is something I crave at almost every moment of the day.
She is my comfort

Oh God... I compared her to Bruce, when there's no comparison to be made. He was never around enough to be clingy...

Not that I mind, because our failed relationship is what led me to her.