Maroon *SJ*

Warnings: Heartbreak, "Break up," "Cheating"

Reader is an artist, and so is my little sister, so I commissioned her with an axolot plushy and my help with her math to create Y/N's pieces. Enjoy, Reader was drawn in a hoodie/with a static brush to keep her size/race undefined.

———

"How'd we end uponthefloor, anyway?," Scarlett mused while lifting her lipstick stained glass half full of wine up to her lush lips., "Your roommate's cheap-assscrew-top rosé, that's how." You grumbled, making a dig at yourself, and it paid off, because your heart skipped when her deep laughter filled the room.

The blonde was only ever passing through on her way to the next city over for an audition, but one thing led to another, and now the both of you are giggling on the carpet of her home. Talking about your hopes and dreams as if that alone would make them come to fruition.

"I believe in you Y/N/N.," she quietly whispers, as if her encouraging words were a top secret message., "I always have—you're amazing."

"Me?," you scoffed., "If anyone's going to make it, it's you—bet you'll be winning awards, and traveling the world; soon enough you'll forget all about me.," you chuckled, but the air of hurt in your tone was real, but more so obvious.

Scarlett crawled across the carpet, she's not sure if it's the wine that fuels her movements, but within no time she's straddling your lap, and laying her pale lips to yours with fervor., "I'd never forget you Y/N, not when you're all I ever think about.," her words hit you deeply, and for a moment you let them be the truth.

Even if you always knew it would end the same way it began; in an unforgettable whirlwind.

—•~~~~~~•~~~~~~•~~~~~~•~~~~~~•—
And I, chose you; the one I was dancin' with, in New York, no shoes.
Looked up at the sky and it was...
—•~~~~~~•~~~~~~•~~~~~~•~~~~~~•—

Scarlett returned a week later to find you sat at your desk, canvases spread about, and your appearance gave off an unkempt impression. Nevertheless she swiveled your desk chair around and pounced on you rather giddily.

"I did it Y/N! I got the part in the Marvel movies.," she screeched, and the exhaustion left your body in an instant, you swiftly lifted the both of you up, spinning her around to hear those adorable giggles of hers that you adored so much., "I knew you'd get it Scar!"

You gently set her back down., "I'm so proud of you.," you cupped her cheeks, offering her a soft smile, and she melted so easily into you., "Thank you honey.," you smiled in return, she simply buried herself in your warm embrace, and you began to sway the both of you along to the music you'd already been listening to.

"You're going to be an inspiration to so many little girls across the globe Scar.," you spun her out, and back as she giggled., "What a badass!"

"I have you to thank for it Y/N/N, my number one fan; the greatest friend I've ever had..."

—•~~~~~~•~~~~~~•~~~~~~•~~~~~~•—
The burgundy on my T-shirt when you splashed your wine into me, and how the blood rushed into my cheeks, so scarlet, it was...
—•~~~~~~•~~~~~~•~~~~~~•~~~~~~•—

Scarlett entered her home in upstate Manhattan with an unexplainable pit in her stomach, she heard soft humming coming from the study, and a noise that normally would be what remedied her stress only solidified it. Neither of you have spoken much since she left for her final Marvel film, she promised to keep in touch, but just like always she fell through.