Magical Night Away Part 2

Natasha was in over her head, she refused to believe that though, she did realize that being left with Yelena was no better than being left alone though.

Lila and Cooper were preoccupied in the guest room playing video games, and talking to their friends, so she had no help, nor stress from them. Nate and 'Panga were thankfully playing quietly upstairs in her room, and Samantha was asleep for her midday nap.

After dealing with the two sets of twin boys, more specifically Wanda's set, Natasha too believed it was time for a midday nap.

"Mommy! Where's lunch? Mama always had lunch ready by 2PM, and according to that clock it's now 3:05PM." Romeo says.

When did he even learn to read numbers?

"Yeah, Natasha, we're hungry!" Yelena chimes in, as if she's incapable of helping.

"Romeo, give me a minute, the Maximoff demons were having a tantrum."

"Mama could always get it done, tantrum or not." Ryland makes a point of letting her know, and she groans.

Had her children always been this judgmental and demanding?

"Whatever, just watch your cartoons!
I'm working on it, and that's all that matters." She grumbles, while she anxiously waits for the oven to ding, so she can serve up her new recipe—cheeseburger casserole.

A moment of peace washes over Natasha at the silence that falls around her, then she hears Billy—Demon #1—shout.

"NO UP!!! WANT DOWN!!"

She swiftly walks into the living room to find Yelena holding the Maximoff twins upside down by their ankles.

"You are down." Yelena grumbles.

"Yelena! What the fuck are you doing?" She shrieks, terrified of what Wanda would do if she found out—which, lets face it, she will.

"Mommy! That's a no no word." Ryland informs her, as he munches on a bag of goldfish, that she most certainly did not give him.

"They were pulling on Fanny's ears! So now they can hang upside down until they're ready to stop and say sorry."

"Lena! They're two years old." She shouts, instantly regretting it as the baby monitor sounds off with the screams of Samantha.

She sighs indignantly, turning around to head upstairs to collect her youngest, slowly finding herself in need of a stiff glass of whiskey, and suddenly understanding your need for wine.

Natasha's stubborn though, so really, this is no more than a simple bump in the road...

As she approaches the nursery she no longer hears crying, but instead she hears a gentle humming. She creaks opens the door in the hopes that you somehow snuck back in, but alas she couldn't be that lucky. She does however find your oldest daughter soothing your youngest; her petite form is currently sat in the massive rocking chair, while she's got Samantha cradled in her arms as she sings the song you've always sung to your kids when they were feeling blue.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
You make me happy, when skies are grey.
You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take, my sunshine away."

Natasha smiles at the sweet moment, choosing to commit it to a core memory, as the reminder for why she'd wanted the big old family with you to begin with.

"It's okay Sammie, Mama and Mommy just had a little fight, but they love us, and each other, so it'll be okay."

Samantha is animatedly babbling back, as if they're having an actual coherent conversation here, while Natasha continues to lurk in the shadows.