Green Faced Monster Part 2

Y/N's POV

I can't fight the smirk on my face, as I see my secret admirer. She smirks in return, equally amused.

"Belova

"Belova." I greet as soon as the door to the compound is shut.

"Y/L/N." She greets in return, dragging me away towards her car.

"So, since when did you start admiring me?" I jokingly question, now aware that she has some sort of plan she's setting in motion.

"Well, remember when you told me you loved mac and cheese? It was at that moment that I knew you were it for me." She deadpans, holding steady eye contact with me.

After about ten seconds we both burst out into fits of laughter, unable to contain ourselves.

"Ahh, so it was love at first bite." I reply, receiving a huff and an overly dramatic eye roll in response.

"So, Belova, what's your actual plan here, hm?" I continue.

"So, my sister, you know her. She's an absolute idiot, so I decided I'd move her life forward for her. As soon as she sees the chance of losing you is near, she'll finally dump the green giant. Now, for my benefit, I'm taking you to a gala tonight so we can make someone there jealous."

"Would that someone happen to be a Miss Kate Bishop?" I question knowingly.

She glares at me, starting the car and taking off towards God knows where.

"I'm beginning to feel a little under dressed here." I speak up, breaking the silence, looking down to see my simple dress and coat.

"That's fine, I intend to look better." Yelena replies with a smug grin on her face, while she takes an abrupt right turn.

"Why? Afraid I'll steal your girl?" I question while playfully arching my brows.

"Ha! Very funny Y/N Y/L/N! You could never, no offense of course."

"Well damn. So much for being my admirer." I laugh out.

"You've already got my sister to fall for you. Is she not enough?" She attempts to joke back.

"Well, she kinda played me like a violin Yelena. I don't have her, so I guess no, she's not." I sigh

"Look, I know what she did wasn't fair, far from ideal... But you have to realize that all this stuff isn't something that just comes easy to us. It's not an excuse, but it is the truth. She felt horrible, she still does, but I also know that you're the one she wants. She won't say that though, in fear of rejection. Bruce and her were over far before you ever arrived."

"Yeah, I get that, it still hurts all the same though. She's also an idiot if she thinks I'd reject her. She already trapped me in her web. She just needs to fix her end of things first." I sigh in response.