So Sorry... Part 2

Natasha had attempted to sleep, as her body genuinely ached from her mission, but between the distraught babies, her aching heart, and her racing thoughts she'd gotten maybe fifteen minutes.

Natasha was pretty certain she was being punished for all of her lifetimes worth of transgressions. After countless hours spent trying to calm the wailing infants, Natasha was at a loss; she found herself crying along with them, as no amount of cooing, or rocking was helping. It was obvious they missed their mommy, and she couldn't blame them because she was in the same boat, but they were distracting her from the only real solution—finding and saving you...

The babies cries were breaking her heart, as she wandered aimlessly around her apartment to find anything left behind by you to soothe them. She'd wandered into what used to be her office, halting at the sight of the completed nursery, and a steady flow of tears made their way down her cheeks.

•~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~•

"Natty..." You whine, as you dramatically thrash around in her bed.

She turned away from her paperwork on her desk to face you, face softening as she sees your adorably pouting face.

"Yes, detka?"

"You said if I came over to your apartment that we could cuddle..."

"I know, just give me five more minutes to finish this packet. Hill dropped it off right after I'd invited you over..."

She watched in slight amusement as your face contorted, pout deepening, as a hint of jealousy flashed across your eyes.

"Yeah, I'm sure she did." You huffed, then turned away from your girlfriend, not wanting her to see just how upset you'd gotten.

Natasha swiftly abandoned the paperwork in favor of quelling your obvious insecurities, feeling your obvious change in mood.

"Detka..." She whispers, as she crawls into the bed from behind you, and her heart twinges with guilt at the sound of a light sniffle.

"Oh sweet girl, you have to know you're the only one for me.." She coos, as she places a kiss to the nape of your neck, and wraps her arm around your waist.

"I'm not sure that I'm enough for you Natty..." You humorlessly chuckle out, while fiddling with her fingers that are draped over you, and silently cursing yourself for crying over something as trivial as her ex delivering her paperwork.

"Hey, little dove, please don't talk about my precious angel like that.. You're more than enough, far more than I'd ever deserved."

You rolled around to face her, shaking your head in dismissal of what she said, and she leaned down to kiss at your wetted cheeks.

"You make me want more than I've ever wanted with anyone else. They were all just lessons learned, stepping stones on my road to you."

"So cheesy..." You giggle out, and she smiles widely down at you, then pecks your lips.

"You, moya lyubov', you're all I want. With you, I see a future full of love."  She continues on, as her finger taps your chest for emphasis.

"Really?"

"Of course..."

"What all do you see?" You ask, shaking with anticipation.

She gently pushes you to your back, then moves her body atop of yours, and settles her head directly atop your chest, over your heart, and your arms wrap around her instinctually.