Lullaby Part 5

"Detka, it's okay..." Natasha attempts to comfort you, while dabbing at your sweaty forehead with a damp rag, and she holds up your cup of ice chips.

"No! It is NOT OKAY! I'm being torn to shreds..."

"Detka, aren't you being a bit dramatic?" Natasha stupidly chuckles out, as the entire room goes silent, and your face hardens.

"YOU ARE NEVER TOUCHING ME AGAIN!" You shriek as another contraction rolls through you, and Natasha flinches at the sheer volume of your voice.

"You don't mean that..."

"These legs are indefinitely closed for business." You say through gritted teeth, and the labor and delivery nurse lets a giggle slip out at your words.

"Okay, Y/N, it's time to push again, just a few more pushes and we should have us a perfect, healthy baby." Your doctor announces, successfully saving Natasha from further digging herself into a hole.

Your grip on Natasha's hand tightens, as tears fall down your face. Natasha's face drops at the sight of you in genuine pain, and she's quickly regretting her previous comments.

"Detka, you're doing so well..." She whispers against your forehead, then she places a kiss to your forehead.

"She's crowning! You're almost there Y/N!" The doctor shouts out, and you drop Natasha's hand, lightly shoving her until she gets the hint to go watch, and you lightly smirk through the pain as you see her face contort into pure terror.

"Oh my God." She whispers under her breath, and if you weren't in the throws of pain you'd honestly be laughing at her.

The previous, misguided anger fades away as you watch as a smile takes over her face when she gets to cut the cord. Your heart soars as the happy tears trail down her face at the sound of your babies cries as they travel through the room.

"It's a girl." She announces with a smile, and you return her gleeful expression with a tired one of your own.

The two of you had decided to have the sex of your baby be a surprise, since you'd had more than enough baby clothes available for either option back home.

Natasha looked rigid as she watched the nurse bundling your daughter up, and she followed her every movement as she brought her to your chest for the short bonding moment. You could tell Natasha wasn't in the mood for trusting others, but for your sake she held it in as best she could.

As soon as they took your baby to give her a check up, you rerouted your gaze to your wife. She had already turned to face you with a trembling lip, and you immediately opened your arms for her to fall into.

"I love you so much..." She whispered against your collarbones, and you could feel her tears soaking through your hospital gown.

"I love you more, Nat." You whisper back, tightening your arms around her.

"Impossible." She mumbled, pulling back just enough to move her lips to yours for a dizzying kiss.

"Thank you for making me a mama..." She meekly murmurs against your lips, and you smile widely into the broken kiss.

You pecked her lips once more, then cupped her hovering face, and slightly readjusted her so that your gazes were locked.

"Thank you for loving me so that I could." You quietly say, vulnerability ever present in your tone, and her lips drop to yours for a firm, reassuring kiss.

She pulled back with a permanent smile, placing a kiss to your cheek, then she rounded up a glass of water for you to sip on.

"Detka, that was absolutely terrifying, the miracle of childbirth sounds more like the stuff of nightmares.." She cringes at the obvious image replaying in her mind, and you laugh boisterously, before wincing yourself at the pain radiating throughout you.