73.

Lotte pov.

I look in the mirror. My hair and makeup is nicely done. My light green dress fits nicely around my body. Calum enters. ,,You're going to do well. He says and kisses my lips. I nod and walk to the hall. It's a live interview, the room is full of fans, but also parents. I sigh and sit on the chair. ,,Welcome Lotte, thank you for taking the time out of these busy tour days. Says nora, the interviewer. "Yeah ofcourse, thanks for letting me be here. I say. "We all know you're the daughter of Jack Smith, Australia's maffia boss. Tell me how was your life when you grew up. she asks me. I sigh. My life with my father was tough. I've had very nice days, but also very dark days. As you know, Luke's mother was also my mother. When I was little my father took me because I was his child. To the forest. I grew up there too. I haven't heard from Luke in a long time either. Until mom and dad got together again, and i saw luke for the first time, we were 3 then, luke was already about 5-6. I say and nora nods. "You stayed with your father, didn't you. Nora asks. "Yes, I stayed with Dad because I didn't know any better. That was just my father. He often had many friends over and the people who lived with us often had no parents either. I became his little girl. His little world. I say and swallow once. I sigh once and continue. "Luke didn't live with us, when I was older I was told he lived with his grandparents, Liz had passed away. I say and take a sip of water. "Because my father was the boss, I was protected, too well protected, I was mistreated because I was Jack's daughter. I became depressed, I didn't have many friends at school. I had 1 real friend, lara, you all know her. And Luke of course, with his friends, their are my world, that's my family. I say and wipe my eyes once. Since I was 10 I have hurt myself, Ive cut myself, wrists, hips, feet, ankles, everywhere you can cover it. I ran to luke late at night, he was living on his own with the other boys from 5sos. I say and look at calum. he nods at me. ,,When Luke became famous, I called Harry, who was in One Direction at the time, and asked if 5sos could go on tour with them. I didn't want them drawn into my world too. It only got worse, I was living with my father again and I had to do things against my will. I fell even deeper into that dark. One night Luke decided to get me, help me and I went on a tour with them. Lara and I found our passion for music. I say and smile through my tears. How did it go from there. Nora asks. I sigh and look back at calum. I see him wipe his nose once. Then it went well for a while. I started dating calum when I was 16. I wasn't happy at the time, neither was he. We also broke up pretty quickly. I couldn't stand the hatred I got so I got on a plane to Australia without saying anything. Because I had nowhere to go, I went back to my father. He taught me the secrets of the job. There I really got to know lucas, ryan and danny. He were my family. Inside the house. They also lived with me. They protected me. Then I went to school because I still wanted to go to school. Luke was somewhere on the other side of the world, I almost got killed. By my father. I say and wipe some tears away again. "And furthermore, you had a relationship with Nathan Blackville, he was also known as one of the best under your father. Nora asks. I nod. ,,I got to know Nathan through school, later I found out that he worked for my father. He made me really happy, he showed me what life had to offer. He protected me with his life, which one day killed him. I saw him being shot before my eyes. Nathan and I were in a relationship for almost 2 years. So yes, it did something to me." I say. "And how are you now, your father has passed away. Nora asks, handing me another tissue. ,,Now, it's hectic. 2 years ago I didn't know what I was, who I was. I was raised by Jack Smith, but everyone around me wanted me to be Lotte Hemmings. I got into an argument with my father, it was a matter of life and death, he died that night, I was in the hospital. Then I sat down with the guys about what we want. I finished my father's work and we went on tour. And now I'm here. I tell her. Everyone starts clapping and I smile through my tears. "Did you ever think you didn't want this life anymore? Nora asks me and I nod. "Just life itself. I was very depressed, I didn't want to live anymore. I was done with it. I spent many nights crying in bed with a knife in my hand. I couldn't do this, I had so much stress. I didn't know what to do. I say and she nods. I wipe my tears. ,,how are you now. Are you feeling better. She asks me and puts her hand on my knee. I nod. I'm renovating the old house with ryan, lucas, danny and alice. I have a boyfriend that I love very much. Who has had my heart since the day I met him. I travel the world with the people I love and I get to perform in front of a great audience almost every day. I say. do We know this boyfriend of yours. Nora asks. I look calum his way. I see him sigh and nod. ,,yes, my boyfriend is calum hood. Bass guitarist from 5 seconds of summer. I say with a smile.