"It's okay! Thank God our Hana is fine now. All thank to..."

Don't say his name!

"The doctors."

Feeling my heart hammering, I looked at my mother for a second, only to look away in embarrassment.

I don't want my father to know about Jungkook... it's already complicated enough and he is strict, I don't want him to even know his name.

My mom shot me a glare and blood rose up in my body, beating in my ears.

She...knows. I hope she won't tell my father.

"Yes, that hospital is great." My father turned to me, his lips turned downward, "So, tell me, Hana. What can I do to make it up to you?"

Oh...

"I d-don't know."

"Say it, I know I've hurt you and I am willing to take responsibility for it. So tell me if you want anything." His voice was calm.

"E-Even if it's expensive?" I asked, a hiccup bubbling up in my throat.

"No matter how expensive, don't worry." He smiled, without a hitch.

"Then, I want your time."

Oh my God, I said it.

Why did I say that...

I slowly lifted my gaze from the tablecloth towards my father, matching his gaze. The atmosphere went silent and we just stared at each other.

"That's... not even expensive." He looked genuinely embarrassed.

"But it is rare, that's why I was scared." I mumbled, my legs constantly trembling under the table.

"Hana." My mom's voice came out, which sounded undeniably pitying.

"I am willing to do it, then." He said.

And that's all it took for a grin to slip out of me, and the hiccup finally escaped my mouth. I covered it with my hands and looked over at my mother. She was smiling proudly and her eyes were twinkling.

"Thank you." I said, letting out another hiccup. My father reached over to pat me on my back but I hesitated, and he did too. My mother passed me a glass of water and I gulped it down, happiness oozing out of me.

They're changing. They're understanding. Finally, it will get better.

We could still be a happy, loving family. It'll take some time but we will get there.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

*Jungkook's POV*

When I reached home that afternoon, I was practically jumping with excitement. Sure, things like love had never occurred to me and I had no room for anyone to get close to me, but her, I could give her the world.

She was the best thing that ever happened to me. I knew since the very first day, when we locked eyes. Her voice, her touch, her presence sparked a curiosity in me, which I couldn't wash away no matter how hard I tried.