21: One More Chance

JOY'S POV

I heave a deep breath as I relax my self sittig in th recline chair.

I'm alone her at the backyard sipping my lemon juice. It's good that Aly and Luke took Steve and Ivan for an hour, as they say that they already miss their babies.

"Joy?" I slowly open my eyes and look at Stevan who was seriously looking down at me.

I cough a little before sitting properly.

"Do you need anything?" I ask him and took a sip again.

He just nod and sit infront of me where there is also another recliner chair.

He was silent for a minute as his head hang low.

He looks bothered.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask him. He look at me before shakinghis head.

"No, I'm not feeling good right now. I feel so bad at myself fo all the things I'vedone for you" He said making me shut.

Why is he bringing up that topic now?

Not wanting to relive all the pain I'vebeen through before we parted, I stand up and ready to livehim when he suddenly but gently hold my hand.

I was frozen to where I stood up but what he said next makes my heart pound so hard after all this years.

"I'm sorry, Joy. I'm sorry, my Wife" He said sincerely.

I bit my lip to stop my self from crying as my eyes watered.

"I'm sorry for everything that I've done to you. I'm sorry for making your life miserable. I'm sorry for being a bad husband to you" He said his voice lace with regret and sincerity, but I held my guard up and wield every strength that I hae to remove his hands on me.

"No, no" And with that I can't stop my tears from streaming when he hug my legs locking me. But what caught me and make me cry is when I hear him sniffle.

His crying.

"Joy. Look I know everthing I did to you is wrong but please give me  a chance. Give me a chance to prove and show you that I change and be the best husband you could dream off. I promise I make everything right now, just...just give me one more chance. Give me a chance to work our marriage" He said crying. I was also crying but what he said makes me laugh a little.

"The funny thing now , Stevan is, I'm just doing all this now because I promise to your Mom tat I will support her plans for the sake of you but as we separated, I learn to give up. I learn heal. I learn to stand by my own. I...I learn not to lve you anymore" I said and tried to let go myself from his tight grip.

"No..No...I promise I will do everything to make you happy now. I will learn to love you now. It may not today, tomorrow or for the incoming years. But I promise I will do everything to make you the happiest wife. Please? Just give me a chance, Joy. Please. I beg you" I shake my hea and kick him to let go off me and when he loosen his grip I immediately run away.