Darkest

POV - Aiden

I had never told about this to anyone in my life; never let anyone get into my life so much that now I had let her know my deepest secrets. 

But if I had to settle with this woman, I had to tell her my deepest and darkest times. 

She was listening to me carefully and her eyes were wide open, when I told her about the girl I fucked. I had the feeling that she wouldn't feel good after hearing what I did in my past, but she pushed my limits, and did the worst thing ever possible; She left me alone, and I couldn't even imagine myself without her for even a moment. 

I would marry her, and keep her all to myself forever. And if she ever tried to escape, I would find her even if I had to lock her up to keep her in my embrace.

A soft jazz music filled the inside the hall, followed with the clatter of cutlery as everyone shoved the goodness of breakfast in their mouths. 
I turned to look at Isabella who had nothing but a glass of apple juice in her hand and I hated it when she didn't eat. Looking back at the past, the thing which made me itch the most was that I never had the liberties to eat an inkling without the allowance of my father.

He would starve me for days, and lock me up in the basement. When I asked him why, he said it was just the part of the training which involved killing and shooting innocent people and kill them. 
I had to watch their corpses being cut into pieces and drown in the ocean. I wondered if they had a family, though a better one than mine; mine was rather fucked up.

My mother used to beg him to stop all the torture, but it would always lead to her being manhandled by him, and I fucking hated it when he touched her.

My gaze fell to Isabella once again. Her face was a bit pale, probably because of starving herself.
"Eat something." This was the first words I had spoken to her since yesterday's trip down the memory lane.
She shrugged and shook her head, "Not hungry." She muttered and took a sip of juice.

I grit my teeth and inhaled deeply. 
"Alright, if you want to starve yourself then don't mind travelling all by yourself." I knew this would make her uncomfortable because she didn't like travelling.

She sighed deeply and helped herself a slice of pancake with some coffee. 
My eyes fell on the group of people sitting by the table, a reek of smoke filled the area as they smoked their cigars. 
Their eyes were settled on me as if they all were observing and making assumptions about me. But when I gave it a little more importance, I found out that their eyes weren't on me, they were observing Isabella. 

And this made me itch with ire. Those people were my uncles who were bastards of men, some of them were involved in the sick business my father forced me to take over and some of them were just involved in mafias.

I shot them a glare and when their eyes met mine, they looked away with an instant.
Content filled my blood, and I peeled my eyes away from them when I heard mama approaching us. 
She talked to Isa about a few things and I focused on the glass of water as if it was the only fascinating thing in this boredom.

"So, cara mia, what are your plans for the wedding?" Her question made her uncomfortable, probably because we had a spat the last night when she said that she wanted to cancel the wedding.

I fixed my stare on mama as Isa spoke, "Um, we haven't really deci-"
"It'll be a June wedding, mama." I cut in between and they both turned to face me. Isabella's face filled with confusion and mama's expression were filled with amusement.

"Ah! That's wonderful." She had a big smile over her face.
"I'm so down for it." The voice of Laura reached us and she sat on a chair beside me.
"And where have you all planned it for?" She asked.

"Italy, of course. Paris is just for hopeless romantics." I said as she nudged my arm and the corner of my lip tipped up with a smile slipping from my lips.

Isabella was quiet most of the time, maybe because she was trying to process all of the details about the wedding I had just let out.

I had never dreamed about weddings, but I wanted this one to be the best one possible, because I wanted to give her everything and the best of all I could ever find.

___________