Glare

POV - Aiden

Sitting amongst theses people made me bored as hell. I wanted to get out of here as soon as possible because their meetings were of no use to me and I was dragged into all of this because of my father who made me the leader of the group before his death, or I should say, before he pretended to be dead. 

"So, Aiden." Adriano said while smoking a cigar as the smoke filled the room, reminding me of my father and his obsession with drugs and alcohol. 
"What are your thoughts on expanding our services?" He was one of the people who had worked with my father and seen me grow up as I was learning all about the work here.

"I believe that all these years, we have kept our little society top secret and introduced it to only those who are reliable enough." I said as all faces in the room turned towards me.
"What are you trying to say?" Another puff of smoke as he spoke the words.

"I'm trying to say that if we expand the society, then it may not be beneficial for us. We don't know who's going to be pure of heart and absolutely true to our regulations."
"I agree." Gabrielle said while scanning a bunch of documents kept on the table.

Gabrielle had also worked with my father, and was known to have a witty mind that's why people tried to include him in their business whenever they got the chance so that they could increase their profits by using his wondrous techniques.
"Our society has been in the field for hundreds of years and as much as I'm aware, only a few people know about it. If we rely on new generations then I'm afraid, it can be used against us." He said as the people beside him nodded in agreement.

"Well gentlemen, I believe it's enough discussion for the day. Gabrielle, I need you to analyze more about the business and update me about the same." I said as he nodded.
"Marco will escort you all to your vehicles. Thank you for attending the meeting." The same dialogues I repeat every singe time to get rid of these people.

Marco, my personal bodyguard appeared in the entrance and escorted the people outside. Adriano was still in the room, standing beside me while focusing on the walls of the room, wanting to say something.

"You've changed." There it is. The same words my father kept speaking to me, just in order to make me a ruthless man as he was.
"I'll take it as a compliment." As the whiskey flowed down my throat, I responded with the same tone he was using; calm yet cruel.

"It isn't a compliment. It's a warning." Eyes glare back to me as I look away from the sick old man.
"Warning? About what, may I ask?" 
"That you'll become weak." 
"And how so?" I asked as he scoffed in a mocking tone.

"Oh come on, you don't think a man like me wouldn't notice?" He said as I sipped another gulp of alcohol.
"Oh, Aiden. I've watched you since your childhood. Never seen you indulge in any of the activities taking part here, never seen you with a woman as such and today, I see a young girl roaming around your house and you protect her. Tell me, do you remember your father's words?" Gritting my teeth, I look at him.

"I remember exactly what her said, and you don't need to remind me of what I have to do. If you have any inch of respect left in yourself, then I suggest you should leave, I believe the meeting's been over." 
He gives a light chuckle before getting up from his seat and walks toward me.

"You're calling off meetings before their actual duration. And why is that so? So that you can go to that whore any time soon?" I clench my fist and glare at him, he had a evil smirk on his face and I swear if any other word comes out of his fucking mouth, I would be happy to dig his grave right here. 
"Be very careful for what you decide to speak, or else there could be consequences." He twitched his eye as if deciding to speak or stay silent. Silence filled the room.

"Marco will escort you outside." I turn away and leave the room, leaving him behind. 
I walk straight to my office, rage and anger were flowing through me as if a stream of hot melted iron in my veins.

Stomping towards the office, I shut the door behind me and pour myself another drink.
How could he fucking say all of this about her?

__________