Promise

About three days had passed with me in the new place and I was getting used to the peaceful surroundings and nature. Every time I stepped out of the house, the guards would appear out of nowhere to keep an eye on me, but they would keep their distance to give me space. 

I would simply play the guitar, watch television or maybe call Chloe or mom to talk and get to catch up with their lives to fritter away my time. Aiden didn't contact me, which meant he was still out of the city, working. I would sometimes call Tyler to extract information about Aiden but he won't tell me a single thing about why he was gone all this time.

I would work on my cooking skills which turned out to be a success and honestly, I was enjoying my time here. 
Deep down I missed Aiden, I wanted him to be here with me and I wanted to spend time with him. He would stay busy in work all the time, why was he such a workaholic? 

It was almost night and it had started freezing outside. Thankfully, I had brought warm clothes and most importantly, Aiden's sweatshirt which managed to keep me warm in the winter.
I was in bed, reading a book and had a glass of wine with me.
I didn't really enjoy reading romance novels but to my taste, I would sometimes read them to relate it with lives of people. It's crazy how people promise each other that they'll never leave each other and they live up to their vows and here I am, falling for a man and having no guts to confess my feelings for him.

I was still lying on the bed with a blanket wrapped around me. I brought his shirt closer to my chest, digging me face inside it and inhaling the faint scent. "I miss you." I breathed while hugging the shirt.
"Do you really?" I heard a familiar voice and lifted my head to look around.

There he was, sitting on an armchair while observing me. "Aiden!" I jumped and stood up from the bed as I rushed over to him and wrapped my arms around him. A tear rolled down my cheeks as he gently took me in his embrace and rubbed my back as if trying to calm me.
"Where have you been?" I whispered while still hugging him tightly as his body stiffened and I drew back.
He looked tired as if he hadn't slept at all. "Work." He muttered and cupped my chin.
"You need to rest." I said as he lightly chuckled. 

"Darling, I never need rest." He said as I looked into his eyes. "Come, I need to show you something." He leaves the room and I follow him. He left the house and stood in front of the lake on the grass while looking in the sky and I join him. All the guards had left and it was only me and him in this place.
"See this place Isabella?" He said as I looked around the field. "I used to come here when I was little. This was the only place I used to visit whenever I wanted to be away from the world." He said.

That's when I found out why he made this house for me here; So that I could visit the place whenever I felt like I needed to escape from reality. 
I looked into his eyes as he moved closer to me. "You waited for me, and that's all I need from you. I'll always come back to you I promise." He said as his words made my heart flutter. 

I was in love with him madly. He noticed what I like, what I need and most importantly he cares for me and would never let anything happen to me, ever. I had the trust in him than I had in anyone I met before. I saw the look in his eyes when he looked at me, as if I understood him. 
He may be called merciless, but to me he was just a man who wanted to live his life peacefully and away from the mafia but was forcefully given the duties to carry and then he had no choice but to do as his father said.

I moved closer to him and our lips met as I kissed him ardently and he returned it with equal passion. I wanted him and I couldn't resist anymore. I had fallen in love with this man and I wanted to let him know the truth because I couldn't hold back anymore.

I never thought I would fall for a man. Hell, a few months back I wasn't even sure if I would be alive when I escaped from my house. But this man, he saved me and made my life better. He made me feel like I meant something to him and was important to the world. 

"I want you, now." I said while looking into his eyes.

___________