Protect

POV - Aiden.

I was regretting what I had done.
I had been almost a week and I was missing her. Fuck. Why was I missing her?
I sat on the armchair while running my hand through my hair, thinking about her.

She just left. Shit. I just let her leave. 
It's menacing when I start catching feelings and the truth is that I've never felt anything for anyone except her. That's probably why Tyler was so worried about me.
We kissed once and this girl had me wrapped around her finger. 
I would've done anything for her, yet I pushed her away and let her slip away from my hands.

The door opened, making me snap back into reality; It was Tyler.
He walked towards the table, kept with the decanters and poured the whiskey in a glass.
"Need some?" He asked while looking at me and I slightly nodded in response as he poured a glass for me and handed it to me, while sitting on the chair.
"You look miserable." He grumbled as he took a sip from the glass and I gave him a stare.

He sighed and looked at me, "You look like one of those disconsolate people in the movies who had their heart broken by some girl." He said and I looked at him with anger.
"I wasn't even with her." I snapped.
"Then why are you so depressed? C'mon Aiden, it's been nearly a week and I can see that you can't live without her." He said as I avoided what he was saying. Maybe he was right? I can't; I can't sleep, and I can't go through the day and I'm constantly thinking about her.

"I'm not depressed." I snapped and he sighed while I took a sip of the spirit. All I did to get me through the day, was practice in the ring while taking out all my anger and regret. My muscles ached due to the excess training but I wanted to do something that would alleviate the affliction I was feeling.
"I'm going to the ring." I said as I got from the chair and walked towards the door.
"We found her on the radar." He blurted out as I stopped walking and stood there, still.
I turned to face him and he passed me the tablet. I could see where she was, she was at her home and I hoped that she was safe and sound. I had put a tracker in her while she was unconscious, so that I know where she is and is safe but she had no idea about it.

I passed the tablet back to him, acting like I didn't care and I left the room going towards the ring.
I got into the ring with a punch bag and with all the force and rage I had in myself, I punched it while cursing myself for the fact that I had let her slip away from my fucking hands. The thing I regretted the most was that I never got the chance to tell her that I had fallen for her. Fuck; I had fallen for a girl. This was the first time I've ever felt the anguish of not having something.

Whenever she was with me, I felt like I had to protect her with everything I had in my power.
I could be with her even if the world was against me. 
I would support her in every situation. But the only question running inside my mind was,
'Does she feel the same?'

I finished my training, my body was heaving with sweat and my muscles were aching.
I walked towards my room and pulled out the t-shirt I was wearing and went for a bath. I ran the shower and placed my arm on the wall as I let the water flow freely down my body.
As I walked out of the shower, I laid on the bed, exhausted. 
I closed my eyes and her image appeared in front of me, she was smiling and was happy, which made me happy.

She was with me, which made me happier. I had took her out to the place I always loved to go, but alone. She was the first person to ever come to this place here, with me.
I kept her safe, and I was lucky to have her with me. 
But I wasn't sated enough, only because this was a dream and I knew that this couldn't happen in the life I was living in all because she wasn't with me anymore and I wasn't sure if she ever would be.

________________