Lies

Everything was passing by in a blur image. I felt so tired that I kept my eyes closed all the time and rarely opened them to see what was happening around me. 

I felt Aiden beside me all the time and whenever I opened my eyes, he was there with me to keep sure that I was okay or not. He never left and kept an eye on me when the doctors ran the test. Aiden dressed the bandages on my cuts and he did everything needed. He didn't go to work in those few days and I felt safe with him by my side.

_

I woke up in a dimly lit room, the curtains were blocking the light from entering the place.
Resistance keeps my arms from moving when I try to sit up, and I crane my neck to find black leather cuffs attached to my wrists. A gasp of panic escapes me, and I wriggle against them. 

"You kept trying to pull out your I.V. My bed was the only one equipped with restraints." A familiar voice came from the shadowy figure leaning against the armchair.

I don't know why the thought of that pisses me off, but I sneer at him. "For your slaves?" 
Silence filled the room. I was still dwindling on Enrico's words from that day which destroyed the image I had built up for Aiden.

He got up from the bed and walked over to me, sitting beside me, his gaze was serious and stern. 
"Who told you?" I hesitated for a moment and then finally said the name. 
"Enrico. I asked him to tell me the truth; who you really are." My voice had a hint of frustration and I had the right to be pissed off at him; Pissed off because he didn't tell me the truth, he let me built up a trust based on lies.

"It's not what you're thinking. I just fund-"
"I know what exactly it is, Aiden." I cut in between and he stopped. Observing me for a minute or more, he pushed up to his feet and walked over to the window. 

"No. You don't." I shook my head. He was still ready to lie and build up stories but now I'm not going to fall for it, not anymore.

"You lied to me. What makes you think that I'll listen to you now?" The air was thick with inquisitiveness and frustration.

"Because you want to; You want to listen to my part of the story, don't you?" Yeah he read my mind, he knew exactly what I was waiting for but all I knew was that he'll make up lies again and then make me believe them.

I stayed silent and he stood near the window, facing away from me. 
"My father, being the shit of a man he was, he introduced me to this thing when I was just a child.." Was. past tense. He had killed his father?

"I had a rough start in life that's all you need to know. My father just pounced all such things on me when I was little." He shrugged and stopped. Turning towards me, he crosses the room coming to a stop beside the bed, and traces his finger down my temple. "I thought I was going to lose you. That's a level of insanity I don't ever want to experience again."

Another moment of staring, and he unbuckles the restraints at my wrists.

I stare him, trying to read his expressions. I had a rough start in life that's all you need to know. I repeated his words inside my mind, wondering how his life had been. Now I understood that Aiden didn't have a choice, he was forced into all of this which made him a cold and reckless man. 

"How did you find me?" He sat beside me and observed me for a while. "The bracelet." His words were filled with another side of the story I was impatient to hear.
"It was a tracker?" He nodded in response.
"Tell me." I demanded.

"We reached a house on the coast of the beach, were I found no one but that bracelet on the floor." His gaze settled on me as he spoke, "We found out that it was Enrico's house. The killer you told me about that day, who met you in the hall." I recalled the memory and nodded.
"If he wanted to kidnap you that day, he would've done it but that's now how these people work. They analyze every inch of the house and its boundaries."

"So how did you get to know where I was?" He looked at me, "I teamed up with Lorenzo Rossi." I recalled the name. He was the best man of Francesco. Everything was making sense now.

"He betrayed his own mafia?" He tipped his lips, "When you offer more, everyone is ready to work for you." 
"What did you offer him?" His eyes were filled with darkness as I tried to figure out everything.

__________