Savour

The door opened as Aiden stopped at the sight of me. His mouth slightly open as he bit his lower lip and I flushed, hiding my smile. He was dressed in a perfectly fitting tuxedo, looking incredibly attractive. He walked towards me and gripped my waist, closing the distance between us.
"You look so beautiful. I don't think I'll let any other person see you like this.." His tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear, "They may fall for you." He smirked as my cheeks turned pink.

He kissed me passionately, while his grip tightened on my waist. His lips trailed down my neck as my breath quickened. 
"Aiden." I softly moaned, feeling his breath on my chest. He rose, his eyes fixed on mine. 
I was slowly panting as my eyes met his and he gave me a different look, I had never seen him like this. As if he was soft on me, desiring me yet being gentle at every pace.
He quickly broke the eye contact and stepped away. I slightly frowned but didn't let him see it.
Why did he move away from me all of a sudden? Did I do something I wasn't supposed to?

"The car's waiting." He said while breaking the train of my thoughts. I looked at him and nodded, we left the place and reached outside as the car approached us and I got in while managing the dress. 
The car drive was mostly silent, Aiden drove along the city and showed me around the places. It was almost evening, the sun was setting and a cool breeze was flowing in the air, winter was near.

Soon, we reached the outskirts of the city. At a distance I could see an estate, cars were parked around and there was a lot of rush, photographers and the media. 
The car stopped in front of a red carpet, leading to the entrance of the mansion. Aiden got out and opened the door for me. As I got out, the media turned towards us, snapping hundreds of pictures as I covered my eyes due to the flickering lights.
We walked towards the building as the doors opened for us. As I walked in, I saw a lot of people standing, talking, smiling and dressed in long evening dresses and tuxedos. Their heads turned towards us and silence filled the hall, the only thing which could be heard was the soft music playing.

Aiden held my hand and leaded me towards the bar. 
"Whiskey, for me. And for the lady.." He said while standing on the counter, waiting for my response. "Just water." I said as he raised an eyebrow.
"Oh come on, you can have a drink." The waiter didn't leave his place, waiting for our conversation to have a conclusion.
"Champagne?" He asked while looking at me as I finally accepted.

The waiter arrived with a glass of whiskey and champagne and I picked it up and gulped down the fizzy liquid. Aiden sipped the whiskey, savoring it's taste. I watched him as he stayed silent.
"Look who's here!" A man said as the couple approached us. 
Aiden turned to look at him and lightly smiled before shaking his arm and greeting the lady. 
The man turned to look at me, "Good evening Ms. Perez. I'm Francesco Marchetti." He said and kissed my hand. I smiled while greeting him.
The lady smiled cheerfully and introduced herself, "I'm Aria Marchetti." She said as I shook her hand. 
We stepped aside, letting the men talk as I ordered a drink for her and continued talking.

"So, Isabella, I've heard a lot about you. You have been in the limelight for all the mafia's." She said as I sighed. "Yeah, I know." I said while taking a sip of the champagne.
"I'm sorry about your father." She said as I looked at her and gently smiled.
"Your dress, it's beautiful. Who is the designer?" She asked.

"I have no idea, Aiden just took me to a place." I said as she nodded with a slight grin.
"I'm surprised, you seem to manage mafia's perfectly." She said while I frowned in confusion.  Manage Mafia's? What was she talking about?
"Are you dating Aiden Hernandez ?" Her question popped out of nowhere.
"No- um.. We just- know each other." I said while feeling uncomfortable at her vague question as she nodded and continued talking about random things as Francesco approached us and said his goodbyes. They both left us and I looked at Aiden who was standing leaned against the counter.

"Who were they?" I asked while walking towards him.
"A few of our rivals." He said while sipping the auburn liquid as I raised my eyebrows. He was standing calmly after meeting his rivals. How could he stay calm in a situation like this?

"Come on." He said while placing his glass on the counter and walked towards me. "We're going for a dance." He said as I smiled happily and we walked towards the center of the hall where songs were being played and people were dancing.

____________