Abode

"Oh my god! Where the hell have you been all these days? Come in, what are you waiting for?" She grabbed me by the arm and pulled me inside.
I entered the apartment, it was the same. I remember every inch of this place and it feels like home.
"Well..?" Chloe raised an eyebrow at me and stood while her hands folded.
"What?" I said awkwardly.
"No calls, no texts... What the fuck happened to you?" she asked with her eyes wide open.

"I'm sorry... I was..." I stammered and my eyes watered. Chloe wrapped an arm around me and led me to the living room.
"Somehow I feel you could use a drink?" She said while grabbing two glasses and poured it with vodka from a fancy decanter. She always loved to spend her money on lavishly stupid things.
I took the glass from her hand and sipped the bitterly sweet liquid.

"I visited your house a few weeks back. I met your mother, she said that you were in New York?" She said, sending me a suspicious look. "I called you a hundred times, Bella. You didn't answer me. What happened?" 
I watched her, sipping the vodka. Do I tell her about Aiden? I didn't fall for him, or did I?
I sigh deeply, "I ran to New York to get away from my life. There, I met a man who was first working as a busboy. He kidnapped me..." I say while Chloe had her mouth open the whole time.
"..Tuns out, he was the head of the Hernandez mafia." She gasps.
"Wasn't that the.. um." she stopped.
"Biggest mafia in the world? Yes it is." I say and I could see that she was in an absolute shock.

"What did you do, then?"
"What could I do? They gave me two choices; either go back here or work for them." I say.
"And you father?" 
"He put his men to search for me..." I continued telling her every single detail of what happened in the past few weeks...
"I'm really sorry about your father." She held my hand as I looked at her and slightly nodded in response. A while later we started talking about my time with Aiden.

"Tell me about him." She says while sipping the alcohol.
"He's," I began, putting my glass down, "Well, a typical Italian, tender, handsome, and very caring. Imagine your typical alpha male, who always knows what he wants. Then add in a protector and guardian, with whom you always feel like a little girl. And if that's not enough, he's six three, has not an ounce of fat on him. Perfect body, huge shoulders, wide chest... That's Aiden." I concluded, shrugging.
"Fuck!" she exclaimed and I laughed.

"Do you love him, Bella?" She asked with concern in her voice and I looked at her.
"I don't know what I'm feeling. I feel deeply attracted to him, but at the same time, he's so cold and...I don't fucking know!" I said, frustrated and she looked at me with a smirk.
"What?" I slightly laughed at her expressions.
"Nothing.. I'm just processing all this." She said with a sigh and got up from the sofa.
After a few seconds she burst into laughter and I looked at her, dumbfound.

"What?!" I asked, trying to steer away my curiosity.
She looked at me, "You've fallen for him, Bell." she said with a slight smile over her face and I looked down.
"I saw the way you talk about him. You're in over your head," Chloe said, gulping the alcohol. "When you talk about him, you light up."
I didn't want to talk about him anymore. Each memory hurt, because I knew we might not see each other again 

I sighed and got up from the sofa, almost stumbling due to the vodka and Chloe laughed at me and I pushed her, while she was making fun of me.
"Come on now, lets go to sleep. I have to meet my mom tomorrow." I said as I walked towards the bedroom. Chloe held my hand and I looked at her.
"All right, but promise you'll go somewhere with me on the weekend." I frowned.
"Come on! It'll be fun. Besides, you need to go out somewhere other than just sticking to home." She said while raising her eyebrows and she was smiling in excitement.

Her glee and excitement only made me feel guilty about leaving her alone for so long in the first place. "It's Wednesday today, you know, but okay. Let's have it your way. I'm reserving the weekend for you." I said and she jumped with elation. 
I went to bed, thinking about Aiden.
"You've fallen for him, Bell." Chloe's words ran through my mind again and again until I finally went to sleep.

____________

Guys, I'll not be posting chapters for a while as I have my exams but I love the support from all of you. I'll try to publish them as soon as possible. x