Dark

"Miss Perez." He said with a deep voice as I looked at him.
"Yes?" I said while raising my eyebrows as the man approached me.
"I'm Enrico. The new bodyguard here. Nice to meet you."
I nodded as a smile formed on my lips. 
"You don't wear suits like the other bodyguards?" " I replied dumbly as I shook his hand. His grip was firm.

"I just joined." Enrico raised his brows, his smile widening as he stood before me.
I nodded and the awkward silence filled our presence.
"Are you thirsty?" I asked dumbly as he looked at me while taking a seat.
"I could use a drink, thanks." He said, pouring himself a glass of water. I was surprised by his openness. Normally, people working at the residence preferred to keep their distance.
"I needed to talk to boss about specific things. Is he available today?"
"I doubt that." I shrugged, "He works late usually." 
My words seemed to make the man happy. Or maybe that was just my imagination. Anyway, he relaxed and glanced at his watch, and took another sip from his glass.

"No matter. We'll talk next time." He got up as he kissed my hand before leaving with a glance at the entrance to the house.
What a strange man, I thought to myself as I took a bite of the salad.
Normally, the people who work here don't talk to me that much, but he didn't manage to care about it at all.

I finished eating up and went to my room upstairs to see Chloe sleeping on the bed while the television was still switched on. I climbed onto the bed beside her and switched off the television before laying down.
I placed my head onto the soft pillows as I closed my eyes. I was tired. Maybe it was because of last night? I was still a bit sore, but was the exhaustion a reason for it?
I closed my eyes and finally went to sleep.

I woke up and turned to see where Chloe was sleeping. The bed was empty. I got up and walked towards the door while glancing at the clock. It was 8 in the evening and I had been asleep for al long time. I opened the door to walk out of my room as I heard some noises through the office. 
I walked towards it as the voices became clearer. 
I slowly turned the knob to see Aiden with a few men. There was a reek of alcohol in the room and the heads turned to face me as he gave me an ice cold stare and walked towards me.
"Go to your room." He whispered while looking at me.
"Who are they?" I asked while looking at those men and he sighed.
"Go. I'll join you in a couple minutes." He said as I stepped away from the room and closed the door.

Who were all those people? 
I thought of going to my room, but I was bored as hell. Why not try something else?
I stepped towards Aiden's room and opened the door. The room was dark and heavenly, like his soul? Definitely. 
I walked into the room while looking around. Clothes were scattered everywhere and there was a bottle of whiskey kept on the table with a lot of papers beside it.
I walked towards the table and pulled out a brown file just kept on the top and opened it.
An image was kept inside, which I pulled out only to reveal a face, mine.
Why does he have my image? I scattered through the file as I read through the paper. It had the every detail a person needed to know me. It had every single thing which included my routine, my interests and the work I used to do, my tastes and favorite things. 
The door opened and Aiden froze as he saw me. His expressions still blank.

"What are you doing here?" He asked with a deep voice as I shrugged.
"What's this?" I held out the file in my hands as he ran his fingers through his hair and walked towards me.
"Details." He muttered as he came closer to me and I stepped back, he formed a confused expression on his face but didn't move a step forward. 
"You needed this to get to know me?"
"Everything that has happened between us.. " I scoffed as I looked at him, "I thought you actually understood me. But no, it was this stupid file all along."
My expressions were full of contempt as he stayed silent. 

I shook my head and stomped away from him, reaching for the door.
"Isabella, Listen to me." He called out but I didn't manage to care. Instead, I rushed to my room and closed the door behind me and let out my breath.

_____________