Care

"Let these men talk, we'll go somewhere much fun." She said as I grinned happily in response.
We started walking towards the door, leading to the garden as Aiden called out my name and I turned to face him.
"Where are you going?" He raised an eyebrow and Clara interrupted.
"We're going on a stroll if you don't mind." He analyzed me for a moment and finally nodded in response.
"Be careful." He said before continuing his conversation with Antonio. I nodded and left the hall with her.

We walked in the garden while talking about her life. I got to know that Antonio was Aiden's cousin, making Clara his sister-in-law. 
"Tell me something about him." I said as she looked at me.
"Well, I've never seen Aiden happy. He was always this serious and quiet person, always ready to kill anyone." She chuckled and continued, "He never really had a happy childhood, though. His father always imposed the duties of mafia on him at a very early age. He wanted to be free from all this, but the circumstances didn't provide to be a boon for him." She said as I stayed silent, thinking of what his childhood must've been like.

"How do you know all this?" I asked.
"Antonio knows everything. He has been with Aiden since a very long time, and he knows how he really feels." She said as I nodded. Somehow, I could relate to him. His childhood had been quite tough for him, maybe that was the reason he turned so cold and emotionless?
"But, there's one change I've seen in him since my last visit." She said with a smile over her face while looking at me.
"What?" 
"You." She said as I widened my eyes.
"I've never seen him care for someone so much like he does for you. You're special to him, Isabella." She said as I smiled, my heart fluttered when I heard her say this. 

We continued on talking about random things and the conversation lead to her telling me about the training she had to take in order to be safe in the mafia, just because she was the boss's wife.
"So, you had to shoot guns and hit people just for training?" I asked while she lightly chuckled.
"Yes, kind of. I had to do some training in order to stay safe, who knows what might happen in the future. We might get attacked or something. Always better to stay safe." She said as I nodded in response.
"I'll give you an advice, darling."
"Do as your man says, because he'll always think for you safety. Or else.. you might get into trouble." She said while running her palm through the scars she had on her arm.

A while later, the men arrived and shook hands briefly.
"Alright, time to leave. It was nice meeting you." She said while hugging me as I grimaced.
"You're leaving already? We just met." I said as she smiled.
"Darling, we were here to check on Aiden. But it turns out, you keep him just fine." She said as I flushed.
We hugged once again and said out goodbyes. Antonio kissed my hand and they both got into the car and left. A cool breeze was flowing in the atmosphere of the night and I wasn't wearing any warm clothing to save myself from the cold.

I turned to look at Aiden standing behind me, observing me.
"It's cold." He said while looking at me, "You should go inside." 
I simply nodded and started walking towards the house. I stopped after noticing that he was standing  there, motionless.
"Aren't you coming?" I asked in a hushed voice.
"A few minutes later." He said as I decided to give him space. He was always silent and cold, but after meeting Clara, I understood the reason behind his expressions. I wanted to know more about him, I wanted to make him feel that I understand him but how can I tell him to be open with me?

I climbed up the stairs and stopped in front of Aiden's room. Turning the knob slowly, I entered it and closed the door behind me. I lied down on the bed and pulled the sheets over me. 
I don't know why, but this room lured me in it's direction. I got a different feeling whenever I was here.
I simply closed my eyes and went back to sleep, taking in his scent which did wonders to my senses.

I was still asleep when I heard footsteps in the room but my eyes won't open due to my drowsiness. I felt someone lying beside me and I knew who that person was. Inside my mind, I smiled with content and went back to sleep, knowing that I was safe.

____________